Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Bills vs Chiefs Week 5: The Aftermath

Ann

On 10/11/2021 at 7:29 PM, Alaska Darin said:

i need to spend some time watching more of that...but just watch Spencer Brown on the first 2 plays he breaks down and tell me what you see.

Smarts (knows his assignment(S)), athleticism and persistence.

• Like 2
  • FANtastic 1

7 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I love these. My favorite parts this week were the closed caption for “*Noises😂

Dime bag. 

Same energy.

• Haha 3

On 10/10/2021 at 10:47 PM, Cinga said:

I understand that, so that took the ball back to the 23 from the 13. But my point is, the very next play was 1st and 5 from the 23 and not 1st and 10 from the 23.

It may not have mattered since they only got a field goal that drive, but the next play got them 6 yard and another first, when it should have been 2nd and 4 and so on... 

On 10/10/2021 at 10:50 PM, Foxx said:

The line of scrimmage doesn't move because of the penalty. It remains the same until ten yards were gained.

I have seen this before. The penalty was probably 15 yards down field from the line of scrimmage and when the penalty was assessed, made it 1st and 5.

I will pay closer attention to it when I rewatch the game.

Just wanted to add a minor commentary to this.

Here is the play: Mahomes hands off to Hill who runs from the 28 to the 15. Robinson holds White at the 13 yard line. Because the hold occurred at the 13, the penalty was assessed from that spot, which put the ball at the 23. Making the next play first and 5. 

Now, I don't know the exact wording of the rule for holding in that situation, but it has occurred to me that there is a possible quirk here. The foul was at the 13, the runner gained the 15. Backing up 10 from the spot of the foul only assesses in effect an 8 yard penalty. What happens if say, the holding occurred at the 2? Does it get assessed from the 2, making the new scrimmage line, the 12 yard line... three yards further downfield that what Hill actually gained on the play, sans the holding?

ETA: I originally placed this in the closed game day thread, not realizing the thread was closed (not completely my fault, I hadn't had the Morning Joe yet). I deleted it there and brought it over here hoping to get some commentary on it because I truly do not know what would happen in my hypothetical. Anyone?

17 hours ago, Ann said:

I remember the power interruption in the Ravens/49ers SB. Ravens up 3 touchdowns after a kick return, power goes out, game held up for about 40 minutes or so...and the 49ers come out and start kicking the Ravens ass.

That's all I kept worrying about Sunday night. Bills were getting the 2nd half kickoff, and sure enough when play resumed they essentially went 3-and-out and my Bills PTSD started kicking in.

Turns out, this team is just too effin' focused at this point to fall to a rain delay.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Foxx said:

I dunno with all these numbers coming out and about, my head is going to explode like the gif here... I don't know what the 39 would be in context.

https://twitter.com/AaronQuinn716/status/1448387445523992577

We might need a, "Bills By the Numbers" thread.

True Toxic Differential isn't a football stat. It's a descriptor of my father's second marriage.

• Wow 1
  • Haha 6

On 10/13/2021 at 10:14 AM, Foxx said:

I re-watched the game this morning just to see this kid.

I think we got a good one, he is special.

And our new Right Tackle Spencer Brown too. Beane absolutely crushed it in this Draft, and he’s had some very good ones.  

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Nanker said:

And our new Right Tackle Spencer Brown too. Beane absolutely crushed it in this Draft, and he’s had some very good ones.  

Brown has like almost zero big time football experience and he's just murdering guys out there at least half the snaps.  The coaches deserve a ton of credit for his quick development but he could end up being the biggest steal of this draft if his ascension continues its current trajectory.

It takes big, brass ones to even THINK about putting the guy in the game...much less kicking a very expensive veteran inside to do it.  I love this organization and the merit system they use to keep the team moving forward.

• Like 3
  • FANtastic 2