Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Bills vs Chiefs Week 5: The Aftermath

Ann

So many big plays last night its almost impossible to say which ones made the biggest difference. The team was so well prepared from the coaching side of the equation it was almost the exact opposite of last seasons AFCC game. It felt like playoffs. I think to many of the Bills players the game meant as much to them as a playoff win. Diggs and Allen are best friends. I can't even begin to imagine what this win has done for Allen in the eyes of his best friend. In the eyes of all his fellow teamates. In the game of football its not easy to set yourself apart from all the talented players playing. Or the ones that have come before them in the history of our great sport.  Yet here he is, making plays that just don't seem possible. Plays we have never seen a QB make before. Josh Allen,

Superman of the grid iron...  

Edited by Figster
  • Like 2

Here's to hoping Jughead's (Vrabel) head explodes as the Titans sink in a bad loss to the Bills.  Great prime time viewing right there.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Alaska Darin said:

The RTP call was horrific - just a terrible call.  It was not quite as bad as the call on Morse the previous play that cost us a critical first down. 

The right team won the game, despite how hard the officials tried to keep the Chiefs in it.

We're on to the Thumbtacks.

I thought the RTP call on Oliver was pretty bogus as well.  He wrapped him up around the knees.  

The big PI on Tre'Davious on a pass that was totally uncatchable and Kelce tripped/dove was another beautiful call.   

Bills were assessed 2x more penalty yards than the Chiefs.  

• Like 3
  • Angry 1
  • Love 1

Just now, Jauronimo said:

I thought the RTP call on Oliver was pretty bogus as well.  He wrapped him up around the knees.  

The big PI on Tre'Davious on a pass that was totally uncatchable and Kelce tripped/dove was another beautiful call.   

Bills were assessed 2x more penalty yards than the Chiefs.  

Yup, I remarked in GDT, Eddie's tackle clearly started well above the knee.  

• Like 2
  • Angry 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Love 1

11 hours ago, NCBillsFan said:

I'm not sure it was illegal, but commending dirty tactics is certainly what collinsworth did. 

I guess looking back on it now it does seem improper. Collinsworth on the other hand is old school so I didn't take the comment to heart at the time it was made. Chris Collinsworth also called Allen league MVP.

This just in,D players do try to put a hurting on O players carrying, or going up for the football.

Ask Kelce... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

They deserved every bad thing that happened to them last night.  The football Gods were angry...

Down 18 points with under 3 minutes to go and you're calling time outs?  Do you care about your players?

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

They deserved every bad thing that happened to them last night.  The football Gods were angry...

Down 18 points with under 3 minutes to go and you're calling time outs?  Do you care about your players?

I agree, the football Gods were very angry...

I don't blame them though for not giving up, as battered as they were, for not giving in.  Before Allen came along and after the JK era its the one thing I could always hang my hat on about the Buffalo Bills, they always keep fighting to the bitter end.

Never say die...

Edited by Figster
  • Like 1

Deranged Rhino
3 hours ago, NCBillsFan said:

Do we think Diggs thought he was going to walk in here and that's why he sort of danced after the catch? Watching it live last night I thought he was contorted a bit and did that side-step shuffle to regain balance, but looking at this cut I'm thinking he lost sight of his man and thought he was in the clear/going to walk into the end zone. Not sure he would have gotten in either way, but it was a weird moment within an otherwise awesome play.  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Figster said:

I agree, the football Gods were very angry...

I don't blame them though for not giving up, as battered as they were, for not giving in.  Before Allen came along and after the JK era its the one thing I could always hang my hat on about the Buffalo Bills, they always keep fighting to the bitter end.

Never say die...

There were a number of occasions when Marv would pull guys out of games when we were getting beaten late (the 1992 37-10 home loss to the Fish sticks in my mind as a good comparison, though that game was played in perfect weather).

Sometimes it's good to send a message to your own players about their performance while looking out for their well being.  Imagine if they lost Kelce for an extended period after the shot he took?  For what?

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Do we think Diggs thought he was going to walk in here and that's why he sort of danced after the catch? Watching it live last night I thought he was contorted a bit and did that side-step shuffle to regain balance, but looking at this cut I'm thinking he lost sight of his man and thought he was in the clear/going to walk into the end zone. Not sure he would have gotten in either way, but it was a weird moment within an otherwise awesome play.  

Allen couldn't really step into the throw with the opposition in his face IMO.  The result was an elite WR seeing the play unfolding and trajectory. Adjusting to the slight under throw. Elite play on both ends IMO.

Edited by Figster
  • Like 4
  • Love 1

11 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

That's the way I saw it, too. He lost track of the guy, thought he was walking in, and then got startled when the guy was right there.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1