Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Bills vs Chiefs Week 5: The Aftermath

Ann

Crap Throwing Clavin
8 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

No question, that was massive. But I didn't turn that game on worried that the Bills would get their ass kicked.

This game was a "Beat them now or chase them forever" kind of game. Over-embellishing, no doubt, but I've watched enough football to know your window to win is razor thin. This is the Bills window, and they have the benefit of seeing what happens when you can score at will all season long, but may face someone who can stop you in the biggest game.

I'm starting to think this team can win it all this year.

No. I'm not shitting you.

They - every - team is an injury away from a lost season.  I stopped getting my hopes up a while ago, and will just enjoy the ride.

But even with that...the most critical player on this team is backed up by a non-Nagy-coached Mitch Trubisky?  That's promising, at least.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Next Gen stat of the night: Bills defense did not blitz Patrick Mahomes once in this game or in Week 6, 2020 (no other team in NGS era has played a game without blitzing once).

Source: NFL.com

• Like 3
  • Cheers 2
  • FANtastic 2

KC has a big uphill struggle now to even make the playoffs. They are 11th in the conference and last in their division, 2 and a half games behind the Chargers. Not too bad for a team that was going to go 17- 0 :classic_laugh:

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Does anyone else find "15 of 26 for 315 yards" kind-of funny?

Averaging 21 yards a reception. Its no secret Allen likes to make big plays in the passing game.  Now Buffalo has more balance pass and run and Dawson Knox is turning into a productive bigger target for the long ball. Hitting them 300 yard passing games should come more easily and frequently IMO. Awesome game planning/ play calling by Daboll and excellent ball distribution by Josh Allen. Great team win.   

Game sure put a big smile on my face...

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1
  • Love 1

31 minutes ago, Foxx said:

KC has a big uphill struggle now to even make the playoffs. They are 11th in the conference and last in their division, 2 and a half games behind the Chargers. Not too bad for a team that was going to go 17- 0 :classic_laugh:

The mystique is gone now.  I know its still early, but this may have been a make or break game for them. If their confidence wasn't already rattled. It  has to be now. 5 games into the season with a losing record. Unbelievable.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, Foxx said:

Not to hear Clueworthless. According to him, Buffalo only won the game because of the refs. Maybe because they didn't call enough penalties on the Bills? 

Wonder what Nick Wright’s hot take on the game will be. No doubt he’ll have CC’s back. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

I am STILL furious about the officiating in this game.  I'm not sure I've ever been this mad about a win. 

I've always said bad calls are going to be a constant in the NFL and the Bills just need to build a great team so as to make such calls irrelevant. 

Last night illustrated that concept beyond anything I could ever imagine.

A friggin tsunami of awful officiating and we now have a team that was able to make it all irrelevant in the end.

Feels great to win like that but I am indeed still pissed at that incompetent officiating crew.

• Like 3
  • Cheers 5
  • Love 1

48 minutes ago, Nanker said:

Wonder what Nick Wright’s hot take on the game will be. No doubt he’ll have CC’s back. 

Ummm Nick your "takes" have been consistently awful on Josh for over a year. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • FANtastic 1

4 minutes ago, NCBillsFan said:

Ummm Nick your "takes" have been consistently awful on Josh for over a year. 

Unfair and misleading? Yep that's you Nick.

• Love 1

Win in the other town that was home to a horrific game last year & they have a great chance of starting the year 8-1.

Darn shame they couldn't get the Jest to start the year like usual.  The Stillers haven't been close to what they were week 1 since.  (Lucky they had the Donkeys this week who only got to 3 wins by playing 3 teams that have yet to win a game in regulation.)  The Senator's revised 20-0 could've still been in play.

• Like 1

Jabba The Hutt
7 hours ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

The Bills last 11 wins have been of 10+ points, the longest such streak since the Rams in 1998-99.

The Bills are 18-1 in games when scoring 30+ points since 2017.  With the only loss being the "Hail Murray" in 2020.

Josh Allen has 3+ pass TD and 1+ rush TD for the 6th time in his career, the most such games in a player's first 4 seasons since 1950.

Dawson Knox is the first TE since 2016 to have 3 rec on passes of 20+ yards in the air in a single game.  He's the first Bills TE with 100+ rec yards and 1+ rec TD in a game since Pete Metzelaars in Week 2, 1992.

Boy does this show how sad our TE situationhas been...glad Knox finally has broken out! Now he's gained my confidence and trust back after catching everything and in spectacular fashion not just this game but this whole season!

It's like how we saw glimpses of what Josh Allen was in his 1st two years here, now we finally get the whole shebang with Dawson as well.

• Like 3