Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Buffalo Sabres 21 - 22 Season

B-Man

On 4/30/2022 at 12:02 AM, Alaska Darin said:

Created at the request of Rasmus Dahlin.

Couldn't figure out what the heck was on Dahlin's skates in the warm ups.  (Our seats are great for seeing plays develop.  Not so much for seeing details, li,e RJ's ugly mug on a pair of skates.  😉 )

Pretty cool idea for Ras to do.

• Haha 1

Alaska Darin

When I had season's, I chose to sit in the 300s because it's much easier for me to see what's really happening.  Sitting down low, you just miss so much of how plays develop.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

When I had season's, I chose to sit in the 300s because it's much easier for me to see what's really happening.  Sitting down low, you just miss so much of how plays develop.

We're up there because when the "new" rink opened, to pay what we had in the Aud we had the choice of moving behind the nets fairly high up or to move up to the nosebleeds.  Being behind the net is cool to do on occasion, but would get old as an every game thing.  Have really come to appreciate the view from up there through the years. And, yes, you do see the plays develop way sooner than everybody else.  It's a tradeoff, but a good one IMO.  (Says the guy who always gets 12th row center ice when the WJCs are in town.)  Until this year, had sat in the same seats since the barn opened.  

• Like 1

Alaska Darin
2 minutes ago, Taro T said:

We're up there because when the "new" rink opened, to pay what we had in the Aud we had the choice of moving behind the nets fairly high up or to move up to the nosebleeds.  Being behind the net is cool to do on occasion, but would get old as an every game thing.  Have really come to appreciate the view from up there through the years. And, yes, you do see the plays develop way sooner than everybody else.  It's a tradeoff, but a good one IMO.  (Says the guy who always gets 12th row center ice when the WJCs are in town.)  Until this year, had sat in the same seats since the barn opened.  

Yeah, the cost is a serious consideration.  I've sat just about everywhere anyone can imagine in hockey barns.  My first choice is a suite since it has its own bathroom and you can choose who is in there.  I avoid gen pop like the plague now since most people just don't know how to act when they're in public...especially when alcohol is involved.

32 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Yeah, the cost is a serious consideration.  I've sat just about everywhere anyone can imagine in hockey barns.  My first choice is a suite since it has its own bathroom and you can choose who is in there.  I avoid gen pop like the plague now since most people just don't know how to act when they're in public...especially when alcohol is involved.

Only sat in the suites once.  They are nice.

Looking at the site map of open seats heading into the final RS game of the year, it looks like at least 11 suites went empty this year and a 12th had about 4 seats available.  Having those vacant must've cost them a pretty penny.  (Less than having 3/4 of the barn empty on most nights, but still ...)

• Like 1

Alaska Darin
7 minutes ago, shrader said:

The Amerks were the last team in but they’re at home for game 1?

It's a 3 game series.  Welcome to the minors, where travel cost matter.  Game 1 hosted by lower seed.  Games 2 & 3 (if necessary) hosted by higher seed.

9 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

It's a 3 game series.  Welcome to the minors, where travel cost matter.  Game 1 hosted by lower seed.  Games 2 & 3 (if necessary) hosted by higher seed.

Im more confused by a 3 game series than anything else. 

Alaska Darin
1 minute ago, shrader said:

I don't know how the AHL draws in the post season but when I worked in minor hockey there were teams that lost money in the playoffs because the games weren't on the weekends, so attendance was not great.  One of the solutions was to cut the number of games in the first round. 

23 minutes ago, shrader said:

1st round is best of 3.

Rounds 2 & 3 are best of 5.

Semifinals & Finals are best of 7.

And they went w/ best of 3 for the 1st round because the divisions all have differing #'s of teams and only the 2 worst teams in each division miss the playoffs.  The next round will have 4 teams left in each division.  So, while the Pacific Division has 3 1st round series; the Amerks division only has 1.

Not sure if it was rink availability or not wanting to go over the border 2 separate times should the series go 3 as the reason the series started in Ra-cha-cha.

Had a very good crowd.  Probably less than 1,000 empty seats, definitely less than 2,000 unused.

1st time yours truly has been at an Amerks game w/ that kind of a crowd since before Donner the Hutt started his Cats Games BS.

Crowd was so unanticipated, they ran out of Genny Light and nearly ran out of a few others.

Fun game to be at.  Dell was awful in the 1st (2 goals on 5 shots) but he played very well in OT & got some help from Teves as he sold out to block a rebound that was otherwise heading for an open net. 

Came back in the 3rd from down 3-0.  Nearly won it w/ a minute left in the 3rd but the Sens goalie Gustafsson managed to get just enough of a shot to have it go harmlessly off the crossbar.

• Like 3