Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Buffalo Sabres 21 - 22 Season

B-Man

14 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

I have never understood why guys don't just go to the bench, especially in the 1st and 3rd (short change).   You're just &#%$ing worthless when you're a pylon.

And the. When there’s two pylons, I’m sure they are never coached for that moment. Someone needs to head to the bench at that point. For the game the other night, it was the long change, so it was definitely a more difficult spot to do it. The other part that drove me crazy (other than that entire awful awful game) was that Okposo finally went to the bench after overpursuing the point, he was totally gassed but still grabbed a new stick instead of making the change. 

10 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Very entertained tonight.

That has to be the funniest way to a 0-0 game. 

Alaska Darin
2 hours ago, shrader said:

And the. When there’s two pylons, I’m sure they are never coached for that moment. Someone needs to head to the bench at that point. For the game the other night, it was the long change, so it was definitely a more difficult spot to do it. The other part that drove me crazy (other than that entire awful awful game) was that Okposo finally went to the bench after overpursuing the point, he was totally gassed but still grabbed a new stick instead of making the change. 

That has to be the funniest way to a 0-0 game. 

I just don't understand why it's so hard to have someone ready to change when that situation happens...just tell your dude on the ice to come off as quick as possible and have the remaining players recognize they need to go into the zone box until we're back to 5-on-5.  Watching a tired Okposo "hustle" to the bench and try to get back reminded me of Bambi trying to walk on ice the first time.  FFS...no...just no.

And last night's game was a nice bounce back from the Edmonton game.  Outside of that incredible save in the second, the defense played pretty well.  It's also nice to see Thompson rounding into a player who was picked in the first round.  He needed every inch of that long reach to score the winning goal...but he was hustling and it was rewarded.

Crap Throwing Clavin
7 hours ago, B-Man said:

The way Tuck drew the defenders off Dahlin after that pass was just beautiful.

I may have to start watching this team again.

• Like 2

MothersMilk
1 hour ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

The way Tuck drew the defenders off Dahlin after that pass was just beautiful.

I may have to start watching this team again.

I started watching again maybe a month or so ago and yep... they are getting more funner.

• Like 1

MothersMilk

Sweet SO win against the Pens tonight. If I was back home we'd be checking out some games for sure, tickets have to be reasonable seeing as we aren't making the post season.

4merper4mer

I think this season needs to be considered a success.  It’s clear a foundation is strengthening.  Yes, there is a long way to go but almost all of the rot is out and there is synergy.  As far as I’m concerned the if the season ended today I’d be happy where we are.  The record from this point out doesn’t really matter but for the first time in forever I can’t envision some sort of collapse.  Famous last words I suppose.

Thompson, Cozens, Tuch, Joki, and others look like keepers and Dahlin is really starting to blossom IMO.  Can’t wait to watch Power.  That should be fun.

• Like 3

@Taro T, you’re usually in tune with this stuff. If they sign either of the college goalies, can they play in the Calder cup playoffs (if that’s even happening this year)? They probably wouldn’t want that since UPL is down there, but it could be a good experience for them even just riding the pine. 

they were both workhorses this year too, so the also probably don’t want to throw too many more games at them. 

Crap Throwing Clavin
On 3/29/2022 at 2:20 AM, Alaska Darin said:

This is the kinda win that makes guys believe. 

My favorite part of that is probably how Thompson didn't even know he scored because he immediately went to the bench for another stick.

Same reason Diggs is my favorite active receiver: I like smart play and attention to the important little details.

• Like 2

Alaska Darin

It's hard to say goodbye to RJ but what a performance by the kids.  8-3-3 in the last 14.

Thompson now has 30 goals, which is insane.  Krebs and Tuch are both studs.

Great crowd.

• Like 2