Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Buffalo Sabres 21 - 22 Season

B-Man

Duff and Marty spent more of post game covering Hockey Flights Cancer than recapping the game.

I'm guessing they wanted to focus on the lesser of the two nasties. 

Crap Throwing Clavin
6 hours ago, GG1 said:

Say hi to the new Goalie

That might be the most singularly useless graphic I've ever seen.  

5 hours ago, KD in CA said:

Nice of the Hurricanes to help him feel like a Sabre right off the bat.

Yeah, he was pretty excited before the game to be going to the Sabres.  Wonder if he's changed his mind yet.

And apparently Hinostroza is in COVID Protocol.  (Tokarski was there a couple weeks back.)

The game tonight was postponed due to 3 BJs being in protocol, not because of the Sabres team status.

3 hours ago, Taro T said:

And apparently Hinostroza is in COVID Protocol.  (Tokarski was there a couple weeks back.)

The game tonight was postponed due to 3 BJs being in protocol, not because of the Sabres team status.

We should get the points then.

10 hours ago, B-Man said:

We should get the points then.

Would be nice, but that's not how the league is doing it.  There's a nearly 100% vaccination rate among the players & the games will most likely get made up during what was going to be the Olympic portion of the February break.

Peterka is due to make his NHL debut tonight.

Tuch & Krebs are to make their Sabre debuts tonight.

No word on whether guys presumably being able to be off COVID lists in 5 days vs 10 will affect any of those.  R2 Rou2 is back up again & also expected to play.

Cozens, Girgensons, Jankowski, Hinostroza, & 1 or 2 others all on COVID list.

Taking on the Devils tonight at 7 at home.

• Cheers 1

• 3 weeks later...

Such a flashback to last season.

No fans in the building.

Houser (who? 😉 )making 40+ saves in his 1st action of the year as the Sabres SIXTH goalie to go between the pipes.

Sabres winning on the road in a game they probably didn't deserve to.

Great awareness by Jankowski to realize that the whistle didn't go when an 8 man scrum broke out near the Otters bench.  Stole the puck from the D-man Brown & beat Forsberg on the breakaway for the game winner.

Sabres add an empty netter from Tuch.  Final: Sabres 3 Otters 1.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Taro T said:

Such a flashback to last season.

No fans in the building.

Houser (who? 😉 )making 40+ saves in his 1st action of the year as the Sabres SIXTH goalie to go between the pipes.

Sabres winning on the road in a game they probably didn't deserve to.

Great awareness by Jankowski to realize that the whistle didn't go when an 8 man scrum broke out near the Otters bench.  Stole the puck from the D-man Brown & beat Forsberg on the breakaway for the game winner.

Sabres add an empty netter from Tuch.  Final: Sabres 3 Otters 1.

I don’t catch as many hockey games as I used to, but that was one of the oddest scoring plays I’ve seen in recent memory. I kept waiting for a whistle and was surprised there wasn’t one, but it was like Jankowski was the only one in the barn who realized there wasn’t, including the linesmen pulling guys off each other in the scrum. 

• Like 1