Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Extreme Weather

Foxx

6 hours ago, Foxx said:

I can't believe I got into my office today.  There were a couple rough patches.  Didn't really even think about how much water fell until I got here.  LOTS of people at the bus stops because the trains are a complete mess.  The rain has temporarily let up, so I'm just waiting a bit for water to recede before I leave.  Going to have to pick my route home carefully.  I know most of the low points.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Wow 1

13 minutes ago, snafu said:

I can't believe I got into my office today.  There were a couple rough patches.  Didn't really even think about how much water fell until I got here.  LOTS of people at the bus stops because the trains are a complete mess.  The rain has temporarily let up, so I'm just waiting a bit for water to recede before I leave.  Going to have to pick my route home carefully.  I know most of the low points.

Just be careful, please.

• Cheers 3
  • Love 1

• 3 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

75 and sunny out here on my deck.....but today might be the end.  Cooler and potential showers from here on.

You made me look because the last two mornings have been chilly.

78 out right now, the long range forecast is showing 70-80 for daytime highs.

And - big news - we may get some rain! For a place where it rains a lot normally, it has been very dry since July. The main lake at the subdivision entrance has receded so much, I worry for the turtles and fish in it.  The fountain aerator has not spouted water since July.

• Like 3
  • Doh! 1

• 2 weeks later...
Crap Throwing Clavin
10 hours ago, B-Man said:

PLOWABLE ??

What happened to predicting how many inches ?

One too many female anchors asking male meteorologists "Where's that six inches you promised me?"

They changed it in the interests of gender equality, so the male anchors can ask the female meteorologists "What happened?  You promised me something plowable last night."

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 3
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...