Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

The Main Stream Media

Jackson

4 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Sure.  I mean, when I'm mugged at gun-point, and don't give the mugger what they want, I'm choosing to be shot in the head.  :wacko:

Pretty much what the NY Post said:

• Angry 1
  • Facepalm 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
41 minutes ago, Hedge said:

That's actually pretty normal thinking among "fourth wave feminists."

51 minutes ago, Hedge said:

If she legally carried the perp would be dead instead of her too and THAT argument is much more reasonable and valid than claiming she shouldn't fight back

Apparently a lot of people agree more with my take than theirs, one of the authors has deleted his account

image.png.f1279727f414a2c1f65ae1df9aec7aaa.png

• Like 2

Judge holds reporter Catherine Herridge in civil contempt for refusing to divulge source

A federal judge held veteran investigative reporter Catherine Herridge in civil contempt on Thursday for refusing to divulge her source for a series of stories during her time at Fox News about a Chinese American scientist who was investigated by the FBI but never charged.

U.S. District Judge Christopher Cooper in Washington imposed a fine of $800 dollars per day until Herridge complies, but the fine will not go into effect immediately to give her time to appeal.

A lawyer for Herridge, Patrick Philbin, declined to comment.

</snip>

Crap Throwing Clavin
24 minutes ago, Ann said:

Judge holds reporter Catherine Herridge in civil contempt for refusing to divulge source

A federal judge held veteran investigative reporter Catherine Herridge in civil contempt on Thursday for refusing to divulge her source for a series of stories during her time at Fox News about a Chinese American scientist who was investigated by the FBI but never charged.

U.S. District Judge Christopher Cooper in Washington imposed a fine of $800 dollars per day until Herridge complies, but the fine will not go into effect immediately to give her time to appeal.

A lawyer for Herridge, Patrick Philbin, declined to comment.

</snip>

She's getting off easy.  Judith Miller went to prison for that.

Fansince88
45 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

She's getting off easy.  Judith Miller went to prison for that.

She should have taken a play out of Charissa Thompson's playbook. 

"Your honor.....I made it up." 

Crap Throwing Clavin
7 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

She should have taken a play out of Charissa Thompson's playbook. 

"Your honor.....I made it up." 

Or out of Fani Willis': claim she's being oppressed, act like a complete bitch, and come across as so congenitally stupid that absolutely no court will hold you responsible for anything.

• Applause 1

Fansince88
28 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Or out of Fani Willis': claim she's being oppressed, act like a complete bitch, and come across as so congenitally stupid that absolutely no court will hold you responsible for anything.

Yes, like the Chicollini trial! He proved himself an idiot.

Should I include a video for those that dont know?

Edited by Fansince88
  • Applause 2

39 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

Yes, like the Chicollini trial! He proved himself an idiot.

Should I include a video for those that dont know?

"I abject"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, Ann said:

I mean...these are the same people that completely changed immigration policy with a DHS internal memo telling prosecutors not to prosecute the law (DACA), and got it to stand up in court.

Now they can't do that without Congress?  Great big steaming pile of unadulterated horseshit.

• Like 3
  • Cheers 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
5 minutes ago, Ann said:

At least he's charged under the correct law, and not under some treason or terrorism statute.  

"Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building" is an interesting statute.  It includes "loud noises."  :classic_laugh:  And I guarantee it's rarely applied to the "correct" sort of protestors.

• Like 4

4merper4mer
10 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

At least he's charged under the correct law, and not under some treason or terrorism statute.  

"Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building" is an interesting statute.  It includes "loud noises."  :classic_laugh:  And I guarantee it's rarely applied to the "correct" sort of protestors.

image.gif.15eb3511c63793d59801f44f92f3f877.gif

• Haha 2

I pulled up the case file in lawsuit filed by Dr. Yanping Chen in 2018 against FBI, DOJ, DOD, and DHS for damages under the Privacy Act. 

This is the case that involves Catherine Herridge, who reported for Fox News in 2017 that Chen, a naturalized US citizen, and her VA technology school had been under FBI investigation for suspected ties to Chinese government, feeding information about US military personnel to the Chinese, and falsifying her immigration records related to her past service in the Chinese Army.

The lawsuit was assigned to Judge Chris Cooper, an Obama appointee, husband to the former chief of staff for Eric Holder. Cooper and Amy Jeffries were married at a ceremony officiated by current AG Merrick Garland.

In her suit, Chen subpoenaed Herridge in 2022 to reveal her government sources. Herridge sought to quash the subpoena; Cooper partially denied her request, ordering Herridge to disclose "the identity and intent of the source or sources of the documents and images allegedly provided to her in violation of the Privacy Act."

Herridge sat for a deposition in Sept 2023 but invoked her 1A rights and refused to disclose her sources.

Yesterday, Cooper found her in contempt of court:

The backdrop to this is stunning. The DOJ/FBI routinely leak sensitive information to the media to try to destroy people on the Right--especially anyone tied to Donald Trump, think Carter Page--but now a Dem judge is helping a suspected Chinese spy sue US govt agencies and a veteran investigative reporter. (Btw one of Cooper's cohorts on the DC bench tossed Page's lawsuit against the same agencies.) 

Cooper paints Chen, who was raided by the FBI, as a victim. This is the same Judge Cooper who has sentenced more than 60+ J6ers to jail for exercising their 1A rights, giving them a tongue-lashing in the process. (In one sentencing memo, Cooper claimed 4 police officers died on Jan 6.) 

Outrageous:

FBI investigated Chen, her school in VA, and her husband for years. But a US Attorney in VA declined to bring charges.

The school received millions in Dept. of Defense funds. Here is Herridge's report and here is what Cooper said in his order:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fox-news-investigation-dod-funded-school-at-center-of-federal-probes-over-suspected-chinese-military-ties

• Angry 2
  • Cheers 3

Crap Throwing Clavin

"Fox News reporter..."  

Yes, I know she worked for Fox when she wrote the series in question.  But it was seven years ago, and you have to get to paragraph 9 of that story to read that she was lately at CBS.  The headline's designed to mislead.

• Cheers 3

devnull
On 3/1/2024 at 1:19 PM, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

So they charged a right wing journalist with "Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building" for wandering around the building.

But can't find anything to charge a Leftist for making a butt sex video in Committee chambers

• Like 2

8 hours ago, devnull said:

So they charged a right wing journalist with "Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building" for wandering around the building.

But can't find anything to charge a Leftist for making a butt sex video in Committee chambers

Not even "Loud Noises"  ?

:whistling:

• Haha 4