Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Bills vs Patriots Week 16: The Aftermath

Ann

I'm not wading through this tweet laden thread but this is pretty funny, a Patriots fan call in:

“There’s no such thing as a rookie wall with this kid. He’s got a rag arm. He couldn’t throw in that wind storm. The other guy threw the ball all over the park. And then yesterday proved it. The kid playing quarterback ain’t our future.

“The future of the NFL is over in Buffalo. That guy, 6-foot-5, 230, runs right by you, throws it 90 yards.

“Belichick hasn’t won bupkis without Tom Brady. So to be overinflated on this Bill Belichick, great. Defense, let’s run the ball, great. Bill Parcells did that back in the ‘80s. Is that where we’re going here with this team. Come on. It’s over. AFC goes through Buffalo for 20 years, not us. It’s over.”

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/2021/12/patriots-fan-trashes-mac-jones-bill-belichick-on-boston-radio-afc-goes-through-buffalo-for-20-years-listen.html

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
  • Applause 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Love 2

Only negative I have from this game is the run defense has continued to over pursue the fake to the edge and allowed the Patriots runner to shoot the gap after the defender has passed by.  I wonder if anyone else has noticed this tendency.

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1
  • Boo 1

28 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

Doesnt matter. He will end up getting fined.

Bills fans will find a related charity to donate to in honor of Stefon and his potty mouth

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

17 hours ago, Foxx said:

Excellent read from Peter King.

https://twitter.com/peter_king/status/1475383757263753217

FMIA Week 16: How Colts Overcame Covid On Christmas. Plus The Most Important Win Of Josh Allen’s Life

... The Bills weren’t necessarily expected to win Sunday in the de facto AFC East Championship Game either. But this was winnable. It was also crucial to a few things. One: the psyche of this team, beat down three weeks ago in the freaky Monday night weathery loss to New England in Orchard Park. Two: the psyche of western New York, which loves this team the way parent love their first-born. Three: the mental state of the franchise. New England had its two decades and six Super Bowls, and now, post-Brady, this was the Bills’ turn. Damn it, this was the Bills’ turn, and that 14-10 Patriots win with the 40-mph wind simply could not stand.

This is why I thought this was the most important victory of Allen’s NFL life.

He felt it. He knew it. When Allen met his teammates Sunday morning, he told them he woke up with violence on his mind.

Losing was not an option, in other words. They had to pay whatever price it took to win this game. “Violence” is the word newly minted hero Isaiah McKenzie told me early Sunday evening about Allen’s mindset … and it sounded strange, I must say, coming from a man dressed in a Whitney Houston T-shirt in the bowels of Gillette Stadium. “His point in saying he woke up with violence on his mind was we gotta come out and play every play like it’s the most important play,” McKenzie said. “And we felt that from the first play of the game.” ...

“He woke up with violence on his mind.” “He woke up with violence on his mind.”

This Josh is just so perfect for Buffalo, I can’t imagine how much better the right Josh would have been. :boom:

• Love 2