Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Buffalo vs Kansas City Divisional Game: The Aftermath

Ann

2 hours ago, Spartacus said:

not good enough to get to the SB?

these posters would indicate the Bills need a complete re-do of coaching philosophy to stay out of the basement. 

People may think the defensive coach staff lacks a killer instinct. Or possibly, the scheme is not set up to punish. Bend don’t break is a tough philosophy to try and win against a top QB with.

• Like 5

53 minutes ago, Arm of Harm said:

The players are good enough to get to the Super Bowl. The offensive coaching is good enough to get to the Super Bowl. The defensive coaching? Not so much so. 

Coaching is part of the team.

29 minutes ago, Robs House said:

That's the rub. This team was good enough to make it to the SB, but the coaching staff incredulously threw it away. 

You can be optimistic about the future and still be honest about what happened and how poorly it was handled.

Team means everyone, including coaches, and if everyone was good enough, Mahomes doesn't tie the game with 13 seconds left.

I trust you know my posts well enough to know I'm not being a douche. They had the potential. I said so often during the latter part of the season. But potential doesn't make them good enough. Making it there makes them good enough.

• Wow 1

28 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Team means everyone, including coaches, and if everyone was good enough, Mahomes doesn't tie the game with 13 seconds left.

I trust you know my posts well enough to know I'm not being a douche. They had the potential. I said so often during the latter part of the season. But potential doesn't make them good enough. Making it there makes them good enough.

Still expect that the way they lost this one will make earning home field through the run up to the Commercial Fest THE priority of the next regular season & they won't be losing games to decent teams like the Stillers at home nor the dregs of the league like the Jagulars anywhere.

Am really excited for next year.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Still expect that the way they lost this one will make earning home field through the run up to the Commercial Fest THE priority of the next regular season & they won't be losing games to decent teams like the Stillers at home nor the dregs of the league like the Jagulars anywhere.

Am really excited for next year.

There is reason for optimism.  The Bills did play KC MUCH better than last year's AFCCG, which might as well have been three games away from the SB the way that went.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Core Four said:

There is reason for optimism.  The Bills did play KC MUCH better than last year's AFCCG, which might as well have been three games away from the SB the way that went.

The offense played much better. The defense might have improved to some extent, but mostly it felt like more of the same. 

1 hour ago, IDBillzFan said:

That's a fair point. I'd argue that the team (including the coaches) was good enough to win, and that makes the loss so frustrating, but I get what you're saying.

And I don't think you're being a douche at all. I'm more critical than you are, but for the most part I share your philosophy. Football fandom is  purely for entertainment and if you're letting it make you unhappy there's no reason to subscribe to it. 

The dilemma is that in order to enjoy a win you have to actively choose to care enough about the game to make yourself vulnerable to being upset by a loss.  It's just like how you can't be flattered by somebody's compliment without opening yourself up to being hurt by their insult.

That said, after a loss like the other night, I actively choose not to give a shit. I'm a little bit bummed, but I no longer get that gut punch feeling from a big loss like I used to when I was a kid, and by kid I mean into my early thirties.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Arm of Harm said:

The offense played much better. The defense might have improved to some extent, but mostly it felt like more of the same. 

Agree.  Thanks for making this point.  It comes down to Leslie Frazier lacking the ability to defend a dynamic offense like KC, or a strong running offense such as Tenn and Indy.  If the opposing offense is not simple, or very good, Frazier is in over his head.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

Not the point I was making, though I can see why that would be the conclusion drawn.  You simply don't drop guys 30 yards from the LOS when the other team only needs a FG.  Mind-numbing.

I wasn’t trying to put words in your mouth, and I apologize if that’s how I came across. I agree with what you’ve written. Let’s say you have a defensive coordinator who’s normally good. He’s in a critical late game situation. “Just do what you do,” is good, solid advice to give that coordinator. 

But, if you have a defensive coordinator whose game plan is softer than a ten foot tall pillow, you definitely don’t want to encourage him to do more of what he does! I know it’s a long shot, but I really, really hope the Giants select Frazier as their next head coach. If anyone here knows how to teach someone to ace an interview, please, please reach out to Leslie Frazier! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Core Four said:

3 qtrs the D stood firm.....er. 4th qtr and 5th not so much. They and KC D were gassed. 

• O Rly 1

50 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

3 qtrs the D stood firm.....er. 4th qtr and 5th not so much. They and KC D were gassed. 

Chiefs first quarter 

TD

Chiefs second quarter

punt

TD

Missed FG (less than 40 seconds)

Chiefs third quarter

FG

TD

Chiefs 4th quarter

punt

FG

TD

FG (13 seconds)

During regulation the Bills’ defense forced two punts while allowing four touchdowns. Of those two punts, one was in the 4th quarter. The problem wasn’t the defense being gassed. It was a very bad, unimaginative, weak defensive game plan. 

• Like 3
  • Cheers 2
  • FANtastic 1

12 hours ago, Arm of Harm said:

Chiefs first quarter 

TD

Chiefs second quarter

punt

TD

Missed FG (less than 40 seconds)

Chiefs third quarter

FG

TD

Chiefs 4th quarter

punt

FG

TD

FG (13 seconds)

During regulation the Bills’ defense forced two punts while allowing four touchdowns. Of those two punts, one was in the 4th quarter. The problem wasn’t the defense being gassed. It was a very bad, unimaginative, weak defensive game plan. 

Correct. Anytime you only force two punts in a game, it's not a good performance.

3 hours ago, B-Man said:

cb012722dAPC20220128014511.jpg

Maholmes' behavior makes me hate Brady even more.  Didn't think that was possible.

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
6 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Maholmes' behavior makes me hate Brady even more.  Didn't think that was possible.

You uncaring bastard.  Didn't you see where Brady got a boo-boo on his lip last weekend?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

You uncaring bastard.  Didn't you see where Brady got a boo-boo on his lip last weekend?

My wife offered to Fedex him a tampon, so I think that counts as empathy.

• Wow 1
  • Haha 4
  • Applause 1

10 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

but I'm Tom Bra...

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

By the end of the game it looked like herpes. 

• Haha 1