Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Supreme Court of the United States

Foxx

2 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

I'm sure federal abortion clinics are somewhere in the Constitution.

These people and their inability to understand checks and balances borders on criminal.  "The justices misled us when we asked them pointed questions..."  waaaaaaaaaaaah &#%$ing waaaaaaaaaaaah.  Does your newest Supreme Court judge know her own gender?

By her same logic, can we abolish the legislature? Because I can't begin to count the number of times a swamp creature lied on the campaign trail.

• Haha 1
  • Applause 2
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Foxx said:

By her same logic, can we abolish the legislature? Because I can't begin to count the number of times a swamp creature lied on the campaign trail.

Like the old joke says: how do you know when a politician is lying?  Their lips are moving.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

Nouseforaname
49 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Like the old joke says: how do you know when a politician is lying?  Their lips are moving.

It doesn’t work if we don’t buy what they sell.  

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 hours ago, MothersMilk said:

Gender should be as easy as a take a look in your pants kind of thing... if you see a thing down there call yourself a biologist and determine that you are a male. If you see no thing you are a female. 

"Have a Y, you're a guy."

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Foxx said:

The issue exists in every State. The NYS Court of Appeals did the same thing this April (for the first time in 60 years — this doesn’t happen often).  I don’t see the Supreme Court limiting State Court overview of State Legislature overreach.

• Cheers 3

4 minutes ago, snafu said:

The issue exists in every State. The NYS Court of Appeals did the same thing this April (for the first time in 60 years — this doesn’t happen often).  I don’t see the Supreme Court limiting State Court overview of State Legislature overreach.

Just me, and I don't know about constitutional aspects but...I would think that the states should have jurisdiction over state elections and the fed.gov should have jurisdiction over federal elections.

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
23 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Just me, and I don't know about constitutional aspects but...I would think that the states should have jurisdiction over state elections and the fed.gov should have jurisdiction over federal elections.

Federal elections are still state elections because Senators and Representatives are intended to represent the interests of the citizens of a given state, and the state itself; and the Presidential election isn’t direct, instead essentially voting for the given state’s Electors.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
9 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

Federal elections are still state elections because Senators and Representatives are intended to represent the interests of the citizens of a given state, and the state itself; and the Presidential election isn’t direct, instead essentially voting for the given state’s Electors.

Yes, but Democrats want federal elections to be direct...which why they think they're right on this topic.

• Like 1

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
1 minute ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Yes, but Democrats want federal elections to be direct...which why they think they're right on this topic.

Exactly correct.

Crap Throwing Clavin
4 hours ago, Foxx said:

The replies to AOC's tweets are even dumber than her tweets themselves.  It's amazing...it's tough to be more ignorant than AOC.

My personal favorite - which I'm not going to bother embedding - is someone who said the court is improperly serving as a check on both branches of government, not just one.  Apparently...the Supreme Court is only supposed to be a check on the White House?  :wacko:

• I don't know 1
  • Doh! 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

The replies to AOC's tweets are even dumber than her tweets themselves.  It's amazing...it's tough to be more ignorant than AOC.

My personal favorite - which I'm not going to bother embedding - is someone who said the court is improperly serving as a check on both branches of government, not just one.  Apparently...the Supreme Court is only supposed to be a check on the White House?  :wacko:

well everyone knows Congress is incapable of passing any legislation.

all rules and mandates are either proclamations from the White House,

or overreaching regulations from the executive branch agencies

Billsandhorns
23 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

Senators weren't always directly elected. They used to be elected by the state legislators.

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
1 hour ago, Billsandhorns said:

Senators weren't always directly elected. They used to be elected by the state legislators.

Correct, but not really relevant to the point, sir.

Either way, directly elected, or obtaining their positions via the state legislature, “Federal elections” are still state elections.

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
28 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

Either way, directly elected, or obtaining their positions via the state legislature, “Federal elections” and still state elections.

Yes, but states being responsible for state elections is racist, because something something something...

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

Fansince88
On 7/2/2022 at 8:30 PM, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

Either way, directly elected, or obtaining their positions via the state legislature, “Federal elections” are still state elections.

8 hours ago, Fansince88 said:

HAHA: “I wanted to get rid of Habeas Corpus but I’ll get rid of you instead.”  

Fansince88
1 hour ago, snafu said:

HAHA: “I wanted to get rid of Habeas Corpus but I’ll get rid of you instead.”  

Great scene. Use that sometime. 

IDBillzFan

This is a pretty bold move on this pastor's part, but he is truly calling out the black 'pro-choice' pastors for what they are:

So, where do pro-choice pastors come from? While it may be difficult to understand, the propagation of pro-choice pastors is not new. It’s been happening for some time. 

Three primary reasons have catalyzed this ideological change:

• Financial partnership with white liberals.
  • Political gain.
  • Cultural popularity to win the approval of feminists. 

It began with eugenicist Margaret Sanger promoting her ideas for population control. Sanger enlisted the help of black pastors (paying them well) to convince their adherents that her intentions were noble. Under Sanger’s “Negro Project” (1939), black pastors became evangelists of the “good news” of birth control and abortion. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

IDBillzFan
28 minutes ago, Foxx said:

The far left is pulling him around by his hair sniffer, and it's borderline embarrassing to watch.

But hey, Joe, you keep helping people kill babies while telling everyone this is the best economy the country has ever seen. That's a winning plan.