Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Supreme Court of the United States

Foxx

4 hours ago, Nouseforaname said:

His pizza reviews are great and he is very down to earth. I do find it hilarious that people turn on him for an opinion he has that is contrary to many of his fans.

he’s a complete douchebag. I give him credit for owning it

Nouseforaname
14 minutes ago, Dubs said:

he’s a complete douchebag. I give him credit for owning it

I used to think so too but he’s done a lot for the restaurant community when everyone was shut down and I’ve seen people with his following that are much worse.  Seems like a decent guy who is a bit over the top with his opinions but rarely an @$$h@l& unless he’s provoked .

He’s also a fan of bills mafia.

5 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

I used to think so too but he’s done a lot for the restaurant community when everyone was shut down and I’ve seen people with his following that are much worse.  Seems like a decent guy who is a bit over the top with his opinions but rarely an @$$h@l& unless he’s provoked .

He’s also a fan of bills mafia.

you’re correct. He’s not satan, just a douche. IMHO. 

• Like 1

4merper4mer
1 hour ago, Nouseforaname said:

I’ve been laughing at nutbag leftists for over twenty years. 

I bet they laugh right back at you.  In case you’re wondering it’s called a mirror.

• Haha 1

4merper4mer
3 hours ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

The American progressive left requires absolute compliance with doctrine for someone to even be tolerated.  You can't disagree with them on even the smallest point, or they will unperson you.

The worst part about it is that the “doctrine” changes every day.

• Like 2

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
7 hours ago, snafu said:

They might be able to sneak it in through the commerce clause.

If people are crossing State lines to obtain medial procedures then there’s a Commerce Clause argument to be made. Whether that’s a valid argument is up in the air, but the Commerce Clause has been used to pass laws regulating dairy farming — which at the time was absolutely a local issue. 

Man…

I can’t tell you how much I would love to see Thomas tear into the Commerce Clause. The man has always been an intellectual giant, but his willingness to engage post Scalia has been a pure joy for anyone who enjoys law and rights theory, and his absolute contempt for Stare Decisis in favor of Origionalist textualism is a treat.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

Man…

I can’t tell you how much I would love to see Thomas tear into the Commerce Clause. The man has always been an intellectual giant, but his willingness to engage post Scalia has been a pure joy for anyone who enjoys law and rights theory, and his absolute contempt for Stare Decisis in favor of Origionalist textualism is a treat.

He’s already torn into the Commerce Clause. Way back in 1995.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/supct/html/93-1260.ZC1.html

• Cheers 2

just ignore that the SC prohibited Federal action of any kind, to leave it to the states 

rile up that base 

Senate Democrats Urge Biden to Take Action on Abortion (msn.com)

With an evenly divided Senate, Democrats have little hope of legislative action on abortion rights — leaving the president’s executive authority, however limited, as one of the few avenues on the federal level for trying to mitigate the effects of the court’s ruling.

“The reality is we have to get Congress to act to restore Roe, to make it law of the land,” she said

8 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

Yessir. It’s a “B Side” at this point in his career.

I’m waiting for the major single, followed up by a theme album.

I don’t think you’ll see that with the Commerce Clause.  

He’s a solo artist who maybe gets called to perform a duet from time to time.  Thomas can influence the Court in his direction, but he’s always the lone voice in calling for wholesale revisitation of doctrine that’s been established for some time. 

I’d guess that Justices who are conservative are probably content leaving the lawmaking to Congress and allowing the Commerce Clause + Supremacy Clause do the heavy lifting. 

The one thing made clear by this decision: I have a lot of Christian friends who just found out they're really not Christians. They don't know it yet, but this is a no-brainer for Christians, and one day it will likely be made very clear to them.

Crap Throwing Clavin
10 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

The flip-side of Dobbs v Jackson's Women's Health: repealing Roe and putting abortion regulation back in the hands of the states means the states can expand abortion beyond what Roe originally determined...meaning late-term abortions can be made completely legal.  

1 hour ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

The flip-side of Dobbs v Jackson's Women's Health: repealing Roe and putting abortion regulation back in the hands of the states means the states can expand abortion beyond what Roe originally determined...meaning late-term abortions can be made completely legal.  

Pretty sure NY already did that ~2 years back.

1 hour ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Absolutely. And Stacey Adams should absolutely make that promise while running for Governor. Let everyone knows if she's elected she'll work to make abortion legal right up the moment before the baby is born.

Let's take this belief out for a spin and see how it does.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Cheers 1

CarpetCrawler
5 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

Imagine thinking this is the side you want to be on.

I'd love to see her face real trauma and destruction and watch what that does to that smug snot.