Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Supreme Court of the United States

Foxx

Crap Throwing Clavin
11 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

Today’s ruling denied them that authority.

Congress is permitted to make laws under the auspice of the 14th. The decision decided that abortion was not covered by the 14th.

As such, the Federal Government can neither abolish abortion, nor make it the law of the land.

It is purely a state issue now.

And it still doesn't change the simple fact that Congress does everything but their jobs.

Alaska Darin

I'm sure this guy is being investigated as we speak for recommending the murder of Supreme Court Justices.

The death spiral into the third world is almost complete.

Daniel.jpg

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 2
  • Wow 1

MothersMilk
13 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

I'm sure this guy is being investigated as we speak for recommending the murder of Supreme Court Justices.

Daniel.jpg

Yeesh... looks like Daniel Will be getting a hot dog in the butt, he gets his wish.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Daniel.jpg

Can he make up his mind?  Does he want them shot in the street or burned in their homes?  Doing both seems redundant & overly dramatic.

• Haha 3

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
13 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

And it still doesn't change the simple fact that Congress does everything but their jobs.

I won’t dispute this at all.

I believe that, at some point in the past, you and I had a conversation about the transition of the Congressional role from legislative to power activist.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, IDBillzFan said:

Today wouldn't be complete with Jennifer Rubin chiming in to hit her talking point quota.

Huh?  I honestly have no idea what this means. 

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
32 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

As it should be.

They'd have to amend the Constitution.  Between this, gay marriage, and public health...don't bet they won't try it.

We’re long overdue for a Constitutional Convention, which is why we’re in this dumb place in the first place.

The Living Constitution philosophy coupled with judicial activism, and an absolute lack of interest in civics made this an absolute certainty.

What Thomas had to say in his concurrence today was brilliant and should guide the Court.

These issues should have been addressed properly decades ago, but instead were papered over by bad law, formed ad hoc, by the Judiciary; and have since festered.

• Like 6

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
1 minute ago, IDBillzFan said:

You'd think this guy already has enough to pout about.

Check and see if he’s talking about Deshaun Watson.

• Haha 4
  • Applause 2

I really wish the right would stop portraying this as a right to life win. Maybe I’m wrong or missing something, but this is much more of a states rights, originalist win. Abortions will still happen just in about 80% of states rather than 100%. 

The discussion about pro life vs pro choice is dangerous and misinformed. 

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
4 minutes ago, Dubs said:

I really wish the right would stop portraying this as a right to life win. Maybe I’m wrong or missing something, but this is much more of a states rights, originalist win. Abortions will still happen just in about 80% of states rather than 100%. 

The discussion about pro life vs pro choice is dangerous and misinformed. 

For many on the culturally socially conservative right this has always been a pro-life issue.

For them, this is a massive step towards their stated goal of a nation-wide ban.

In the blink of an eye, they went from abortion being the law of the land, to a cascade of trigger laws banning abortion all across the country.

8 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

For many on the culturally socially conservative right this has always been a pro-life issue.

For them, this is a massive step towards their stated goal of a nation-wide ban.

In the blink of an eye, they went from abortion being the law of the land, to a cascade of trigger laws banning abortion all across the country.

agreed, but they need to be realistic and understand that’s never happening, at least not for more than a generation. It’s also disingenuous. This allows states to decide and gives citizens much more say in that decision based on where they live. I think as long as this is framed as a winner take all fight, the left benefits far more. 

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
5 minutes ago, Dubs said:

agreed, but they need to be realistic and understand that’s never happening, at least not for more than a generation. It’s also disingenuous. This allows states to decide and gives citizens much more say in that decision based on where they live. I think as long as this is framed as a winner take all fight, the left benefits far more. 

You misunderstand. They, largely, don’t share your views on federalism. They are cultural conservatives.

Their coalition with fiscal conservatives, federalists, Origionalists, and libertarians was/is predicated on a shared desire to strip the cultural left of it’s ruling from the bench, not because they oppose ruling from the bench, but because they oppose who ruled.

Their motives are not your motives.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

You misunderstand. They, largely, don’t share your views on federalism. They are cultural conservatives.

Their coalition with fiscal conservatives, federalists, Origionalists, and libertarians was/is predicated on a shared desire to strip the cultural left of it’s ruling from the bench, not because they oppose ruling from the bench, but because they oppose who ruled.

Their motives are not your motives.

good point!  

I worry their fervor will backfire. 

• Like 1

Alaska Darin

Nice to see them back to caring about women (BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA) until the next manufactured crisis.

Special thanks to government departments of education across all levels for dumbing down the populace in record time.  Today's ruling was literally a legal no brainer and the real concern is once again why the decision wasn't 9-0.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Alaska Darin said:

Today's ruling was literally a legal no brainer and the real concern is once again why the decision wasn't 9-0.

Well first you need to know the definition of a women...

• Facepalm 2

Billsandhorns
4 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

Daniel.jpg

So, brave he deleted his account

• I don't know 1

9 minutes ago, Billsandhorns said:

So, brave he deleted his account

Really, he was covered by the first amendment until he said this isn't hyperbole. Nothing will happen to him, but damn I wish something would. The police don't have the resources to go after such a thing. However, I have it on good authority that when photos were taken of the bush daughters and the Obama daughters the secret service would go and seize the phones of the kids who took them, and threatened them with legal action. Our government does some &#%$ed up shit, &#%$ them.