Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Supreme Court of the United States

Foxx

Deranged Rhino
17 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Yes, for sure.   But always fun to see how many people mischaracterize, out of either ignorance or propaganda.

It just occurred to me that the prior leak served to cushion the blowback.  Many people have already put this in the rearview mirror after the initial outrage campaign.

Yup, a little pressure release valve. And, as @Crap Throwing Monkey pointed out, I don't think it's a coincidence the court released the conceal carry opinion first. It gives people a chance to defend themselves, and might give some people pause when they consider turning a protest into a riot. 

The left will try to use this to swing momentum for November, but the polling is pretty loud and clear that it won't make much of a dent despite the media panic and prognostications. The right will try the same, of course. I'm going to guess the extreme ends of both sides of the aisle will wash one another out in terms of the polemics. 

Just imagine how much fun 4th of July BBQ conversations are going to be now. 😄 

• Like 3

Deranged Rhino

Variety reporting Comcast and several other companies are issuing policies to reimburse employees who need to travel for abortions... I would expect the studios and their conglomerate owners will do the same in short order. 

Deranged Rhino

Because it's not about the rule of law, or even preserving democracy as they claim. It's about power and criminalizing dissent from their world view and agenda. 

The hilarious thing is how willing they are to step on their own messaging. 

This also might be why the Jan 6th committee took a break. They knew this was coming and how it would look if they were holding a show trial about "insurrection" while the sacred cows of the party rail against SCOTUS and attempt to once again undermine its legitimacy. 

Edited by Deranged Rhino
  • Cheers 2
  • FANtastic 1

4 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Variety reporting Comcast and several other companies are issuing policies to reimburse employees who need to travel for abortions... I would expect the studios and their conglomerate owners will do the same in short order. 

While the leftist talking heads will yell and scream about this ruling, you'd be crazy to think a lot of leftists are getting ready to make a shit ton of cash in the new "travel abortions" industry. How long before LAX has an abortion clinic in each terminal? 

• Like 2

No matter where one may personally stand on the issue at hand, this seems appropriate for both today and the condition of the country overall:

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

30 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

This has actually been occurring since the leak. In early May, Tesla, Amazon, Levis, and more also created these policies.

• Cheers 3

Deranged Rhino
1 minute ago, Hedge said:

This has actually been occurring since the leak. In early May, Tesla, Amazon, Levis, and more also created these policies.

Thanks, missed that. :beer: 

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Thanks, missed that. :beer: 

Easy to do in the avalanche of news. And it just hit me that Levi's new slogan should be "Jeans and no genes". 

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Hedge said:

It'll be fun watching all the leftists upset about this ruling suddenly embrace the power of capitalism.

Imagine 81 million people voted to elect a man president who doesn't understand the Constitution.

One more time: abortion is not a right granted in the Constitution. Period.

If you are in a semi-major city, stay safe tonight, and avoid the list of targets (and probably courthouses and downtowns, as well).

That's just the beginning of the thread where events are planned (mostly by Antifa groups), it goes on and on.

• Cheers 2

34 minutes ago, Hedge said:

As a man identifying as a woman who is pregnant, I'd like to cash in on my all expense paid trip to Cali for my abortion.

• Haha 1
  • Applause 1

6 minutes ago, Joe Miner said:

As a man identifying as a woman who is pregnant, I'd like to cash in on my all expense paid trip to Cali for my abortion.

as-you-wish-bowen-yang.gif

https://www.kqed.org/news/11917541/californians-ready-to-help-people-from-out-of-state-receive-abortion-care-state-may-offer-money-for-travel-child-care

State lawmakers are working to establish an Abortion Practical Support Fund that would help cover the logistical costs of traveling here for an abortion, including transportation, lodging, and childcare.

• Facepalm 1