Foxx

3 hours ago, Dubs said:

good point!  

I worry their fervor will backfire. 

Someone’s fervor will backfire,

but it won’t be the Right. 

Crap Throwing Clavin
4 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

I'm sure this guy is being investigated as we speak for recommending the murder of Supreme Court Justices.

The death spiral into the third world is almost complete.

Daniel.jpg

I'm not shocked by this.  A lot of people - not a majority, but a measurable amount - agree with him.

Crap Throwing Clavin
8 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Someone’s fervor will backfire,

but it won’t be the Right. 

I can imagine Marie Antionette thinking similar.

We're not talking about normal people.  We're talking about modern Jacobins, encouraged by a strong minority of our supposed "leadership."  

Crap Throwing Clavin

And you know...none of these people protesting will actually take it to their state legislatures to ensure that the abortion rights they're protesting for are actually upheld where the responsibility for upholding them lies.

Americans are so completely &#%$ed in the head.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
39 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Everything is fine.

Twitter is actually taking them down...but slowly.  The first tweet quoted is already gone.

Billsandhorns
4 hours ago, Boyst said:

Really, he was covered by the first amendment until he said this isn't hyperbole. Nothing will happen to him, but damn I wish something would. The police don't have the resources to go after such a thing. However, I have it on good authority that when photos were taken of the bush daughters and the Obama daughters the secret service would go and seize the phones of the kids who took them, and threatened them with legal action. Our government does some &#%$ed up shit, &#%$ them.

The threats he made should amount to federal investigation. I highly doubt he will even get a visit though.

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin

Alyssa Milano really outdoes herself this time.  The federal abortion ban will disproportionately impact...the gay community.

• Facepalm 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

And you know...none of these people protesting will actually take it to their state legislatures to ensure that the abortion rights they're protesting for are actually upheld where the responsibility for upholding them lies.

Americans are so completely &#%$ed in the head.

• Cheers 2

He’s a list of all the decisions you’d have to make to not be able to get an abortion now that roe no longer exists. 

1) have sex

2) have sex with someone who you refuse to raise a child with

3) not use any birth control

4) live in a state that has a 15 week (!) deadline. (For context, if you got lit up on St Patty’s Day and made a mistake resulting in conceiving a child, you’d still have 5 more days to get an abortion in states with a 15 week deadline, like Mississippi/Dobbs). 
5) not travel to a state where you could still legally have an abortion.

After all that, the biological parents still have the option to allow the child to be adopted by a family that wants a child, but for many reasons can’t conceive (gay couple, medical reasons, etc…). 

• Wow 1

33 minutes ago, Dubs said:

He’s a list of all the decisions you’d have to make to not be able to get an abortion now that roe no longer exists. 

1) have sex

2) have sex with someone who you refuse to raise a child with

3) not use any birth control

4) live in a state that has a 15 week (!) deadline. (For context, if you got lit up on St Patty’s Day and made a mistake resulting in conceiving a child, you’d still have 5 more days to get an abortion in states with a 15 week deadline, like Mississippi/Dobbs). 
5) not travel to a state where you could still legally have an abortion.

After all that, the biological parents still have the option to allow the child to be adopted by a family that wants a child, but for many reasons can’t conceive (gay couple, medical reasons, etc…). 

but I want no responsibility, for anything

and I want it now!

or my feelings will be hurt, probably irreparably

• Like 1

23 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

Today’s ruling denied them that authority.

Congress is permitted to make laws under the auspice of the 14th. The decision decided that abortion was not covered by the 14th.

As such, the Federal Government can neither abolish abortion, nor make it the law of the land.

It is purely a state issue now.

They might be able to sneak it in through the commerce clause.

If people are crossing State lines to obtain medial procedures then there’s a Commerce Clause argument to be made. Whether that’s a valid argument is up in the air, but the Commerce Clause has been used to pass laws regulating dairy farming — which at the time was absolutely a local issue. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nouseforaname said:

Dudes a douchetool. But Soooo cool he said suck my dick. What a defiant man!  🤘 Hard core!  Five finger death punch!  Yeahhh!

I never understood the love of that dude. 

• Cheers 1

Nouseforaname
16 minutes ago, Boyst said:

Dudes a douchetool. But Soooo cool he said suck my dick. What a defiant man!  🤘 Hard core!  Five finger death punch!  Yeahhh!

I never understood the love of that dude. 

His pizza reviews are great and he is very down to earth. I do find it hilarious that people turn on him for an opinion he has that is contrary to many of his fans.

Crap Throwing Clavin
40 minutes ago, snafu said:

They might be able to sneak it in through the commerce clause.

If people are crossing State lines to obtain medial procedures then there’s a Commerce Clause argument to be made. Whether that’s a valid argument is up in the air, but the Commerce Clause has been used to pass laws regulating dairy farming — which at the time was absolutely a local issue. 

It was used to justify the ACA, and will be used to justify the post-COVID federal takeover of state public health institutions.

There's absolutely no reason to expect Democrats to not successfully abuse it for abortion laws.

Alaska Darin
2 hours ago, Nouseforaname said:

This is the standard "we agree with your stances on free speech and capitalism but don't agree with you that the USSC isn't allowed to do its job."   The fact that he can't see it his problem.

EVERY ISSUES DOES NOT REQUIRE GROUP THINK.  Portnoy and everyone who disagrees with the court overturning RvW are ignorant of both process and branch responsibility.  Portnoy coming out and saying "Republicans are too dangerous to elect" in the face of what's been going on in this country for the last six years is exactly the problem.

Both Democrats AND Republicans are too dangerous to elect.  Term limits and the destruction of the two party system are the way forward.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

This is the standard "we agree with your stances on free speech and capitalism but don't agree with you that the USSC isn't allowed to do its job."   The fact that he can't see it his problem.

EVERY ISSUES DOES NOT REQUIRE GROUP THINK.  Portnoy and everyone who disagrees with the court overturning RvW are ignorant of both process and branch responsibility.  Portnoy coming out and saying "Republicans are too dangerous to elect" in the face of what's been going on in this country for the last six years is exactly the problem.

Both Democrats AND Republicans are too dangerous to elect.  Term limits and the destruction of the two party system are the way forward.

Not to mention, he completely FUBAR'ed his argument by insisting abortion was a Consititutional right.

if you don't under the most simplistic of truths that abortion was NEVER a right granted in the Constitution, then maybe you should stick to talking about pineapple on pizza. Or do a little reading.

But don't piss your pants when the entire world points out how unequivocally wrong you were.

• Like 3