Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Supreme Court of the United States

Foxx

1 hour ago, IDBillzFan said:

I'm not sure I understand how this isn't unanimous, but here we are.

The part missed is the coach didn't force anyone to join, didn't ask them to joined but gave the option to join. People believe that the players are forced or pressured to join which is wrong. Sure there maybe pressure but it is probably equal to identifying yourself as a shim/them/poptart.

• Like 3

Hearing it on radio, but not seeing it posted yet on SCOTUS site but apparently NYS lost another one as they are told non-citizens CAN'T vote in local elections!

• Wow 1
  • Cheers 1
  • FANtastic 3

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
13 minutes ago, Cinga said:

Hearing it on radio, but not seeing it posted yet on SCOTUS site but apparently NYS lost another one as they are told non-citizens CAN'T vote in local elections!

I’ll need to read this decision.

1 minute ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

I’ll need to read this decision.

Looking for more on it, both Steve Bannon and Charlie Kirk reported it on their shows. 

• Like 3

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
15 minutes ago, Cinga said:

Looking at SCOTUS Blog, I don’t think this is accurate. The only 3 cases on the docket today were Conception, Kennedy, and Ruan.

Are you sure this wasn’t from a lower court?

3 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

Looking at SCOTUS Blog, I don’t think this is accurate. The only 3 cases on the docket today were Conception, Kennedy, and Ruan.

Are you sure this wasn’t from a lower court?

You are right apparently, here is from Truth Social and it's NYS Supremes

image.png.2d3dd723dddaef03e88c07f2b79ae903.png

• Like 1
  • O Rly 1
  • Applause 3
  • Cheers 1

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
Just now, Cinga said:

You are right apparently, here is from Truth Social and it's NYS Supremes

image.png.2d3dd723dddaef03e88c07f2b79ae903.png

This makes me *far* more comfortable with the ruling.

I cannot fathom this Court, which looks to be extremely textual, inserting itself into local election law.

That would be judicial activism on par with Roe.

• Like 3
  • Cheers 3

1 hour ago, Cinga said:

Did they clarify that a dead citizen can still vote? 

maybe more than once

Edited by Spartacus

somebody send Florio a copy of the Constitution.

not to mention, I wasn't aware that the Constitution had joined Hal and Skynet as sentient beings being able to evaluate decisions.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/06/27/nfl-stays-silent-on-elimination-of-50-year-constitutional-right/

Regardless of any specific individual’s views on abortion, for 50 years the U.S. Constitution regarded the decision as a fundamental privacy right for American citizens. It no longer does, according to the six unelected politicians who have decided to take it away with the stroke of a pen.

Crap Throwing Clavin
11 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

somebody send Florio a copy of the Constitution.

not to mention, I wasn't aware that the Constitution had joined Hal and Skynet as sentient beings being able to evaluate decisions.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/06/27/nfl-stays-silent-on-elimination-of-50-year-constitutional-right/

Regardless of any specific individual’s views on abortion, for 50 years the U.S. Constitution regarded the decision as a fundamental privacy right for American citizens. It no longer does, according to the six unelected politicians who have decided to take it away with the stroke of a pen.

I would have absolutely problem with a Constitutional amendment that enumerated a fundamental right to privacy.

But that right isn't enumerated yet, and I do wish the people thinking it exists would unass their heads and start pushing for that amendment instead of complaining about it.

• Like 1

Alaska Darin
4 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

I would have absolutely problem with a Constitutional amendment that enumerated a fundamental right to privacy.

But that right isn't enumerated yet, and I do wish the people thinking it exists would unass their heads and start pushing for that amendment instead of complaining about it.

I think we're at 17 states calling for a convention.  Halfway...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

I think we're at 17 states calling for a convention.  Halfway...

Maybe the recent Supreme Court decisions will sway Blue Staters into deciding the time has come for a convention to codify Roe and abolish the Second Amendment.

• Like 1

Alaska Darin
5 minutes ago, devnull said:

Maybe the recent Supreme Court decisions will sway Blue Staters into deciding the time has come for a convention to codify Roe and abolish the Second Amendment.

They'd need 34 votes on each issue.

32 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

They'd need 34 votes on each issue.

Shhhhhhhhhh....................... I think the point is that more will want a convention of the states so they can propose that change. Chance of it going through would still be slim and none

19 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

All those hearings are is dog and pony shows anyway, how are they to know what particular case is going to come before them?

But the simple fact Democrats always felt they had to ask tells me they knew all along it would be overturned someday. And for 50 years they could have been trying to make it an amendment and never attempted to tell me they don't give a fly*** f*** anyway except to turn it into a talking point

Elizabeth Warren is apparently unfamiliar with the Hyde Amendment.

But hey...if she wants to get one of her biggest donors to abort babies in tents on federal land, let's see how people like that idea.

• Facepalm 4

5 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Nancy thinks Trump and McConnell packed the court? :classic_laugh:

What a deranged nutbag she is.

Maybe if someone was able to convince RBG to retire while Obama was in the WH, they wouldn't have 'packed' the court.

• Like 1