Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Buffalo BILLS 2022-23 Season Official Thread

Alaska Darin

Bills' Dane Jackson, Damar Hamlin take on hometown Steelers

To get where they are today, to eventually ascend, Bills defensive backs Dane Jackson and Damar Hamlin first had to move backwards.

Each step, each rep, backwards, backwards, backwards.

DeWayne Brown, the founder of 2/10ths Speed and Agility, is meticulous about the way he structures his workouts. Brown, a Pittsburgh native himself, has trained dozens of players who have made it to the NFL, with Rams defensive tackle Aaron Donald headlining the group.

The sessions last about 45 minutes to an hour. After warmups, defensive backs will do just about every single drill backpedaling. They move through cones and ladders. They need to master it to match up with speedy opponents. 

“You’ve got to have the footwork to be able to stay with them,” Brown said. “So that’s why we do everything backwards. … When they do it in a game, it’s like elastic. They’ve been doing it so much, their bodies able to move – pop! pop! – quick.”

</snip>

• Like 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
7 hours ago, Ann said:

Through week 5

Bills have almost twice the point differential as the next closest - Eagles, +47.  (Chiefs are at +33...playing the Raiders tonight, they could easily jump to +60 or more).  This team is stupid good.

And that's with the entire starting secondary and half the receiving corps out?  This team is stupid deep.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Nanker said:

At least they don’t have ping pong tables in their locker room. 😂

You haven't been paying attention...I think Eddie O. is at the top.

Crap Throwing Clavin

One thing this made me realize: Stefon Diggs has just a little bit of a young Eddie Murphy thing going on.  Not a lot...just a little.

• Like 3

When the Bye Weeks start, The League should make the two sets of Officials that are off as well, attend a refresher course in NYC on the rules of the game. It might help. 

Edited by Nanker
  • Like 2

Billsandhorns
1 hour ago, Nanker said:

When the Bye Weeks start, The League should make the two sets of Officials that are off as well, attend a refresher course in NYC on the rules of the game. It might help. 

They should have to do deep film reviews, especially missed calls 

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 hours ago, Nanker said:

It'd end up being a refresher course on what to call and what not to call against what teams, to influence the outcome of games and make Spartacus miserable.

• Haha 1

Billsandhorns
7 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

It'd end up being a refresher course on what to call and what not to call against what teams, to influence the outcome of games and make Spartacus miserable.

Spartacus has plenty of practice at being miserable 

• Cheers 1

Given how the offense looked when Gabe Davis went out, you're never going to talk me outta wanting OBJ on our team.  I don't care what the media's take on it - they're all idiots.  If Von Miller says he wants him in Buffalo, that's more than good enough for me.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
5 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Given how the offense looked when Gabe Davis went out, you're never going to talk me outta wanting OBJ on our team.  I don't care what the media's take on it - they're all idiots.  If Von Miller says he wants him in Buffalo, that's more than good enough for me.

I feel the same way.  I don't necessarily want OBJ in Buffalo...but I'll defer to Von.

• Like 3