Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Buffalo BILLS 2022-23 Season Official Thread

Alaska Darin

On 9/7/2022 at 8:38 PM, Alaska Darin said:

In fairness. Pat did a lot of football things during his career.  He laid a couple dudes out pretty good.

I don’t think I ever saw him play, but he certainly has an entertaining highlight reel. 

• Cheers 2

Just now, Foxx said:

And doing the math from AD's post in another thread, taking the Bills' game out for the records of their remaining opponents, their remaining opponents are a combined 25-26.  It should only get easier.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Taro T said:

And doing the math from AD's post in another thread, taking the Bills' game out for the records of their remaining opponents, their remaining opponents are a combined 25-26.  It should only get easier.

After the Bye, the only games that stick out as concerning are the Packers and Bengals, and we get an extra week to prepare for the Pack.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Foxx said:

After the Bye, the only games that stick out as concerning are the Packers and Bengals and we get an extra week to prepare for the Pack.

Vikings can be so hit or miss that that one might be a trap game coming right after the Chefs and before the "resurgent" Jests.  (Who won't have the benefit of my picking against them in a suicide league.  2 weeks picking against them, 2 W's for them.)

This being a 2-4 loss regular season is very likely.  And 2 loss, or even 3 as long as one of those isn't against the Chefs should be good enough for the bye.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Vikings can be so hit or miss that that one might be a trap game coming right after the Chefs and before the "resurgent" Jests.  (Who won't have the benefit of my picking against them in a suicide league.  2 weeks picking against them, 2 W's for them.)

This being a 2-4 loss regular season is very likely.  And 2 loss, or even 3 as long as one of those isn't against the Chefs should be good enough for the bye.

The week 6 game surely could be for the AFC homefield advantage. The Chiefs looked unbelievable last night but we match up well. I have to trust in McBeane and Frazier to keep Mahomes in check.

• Like 1

Alaska Darin
25 minutes ago, Foxx said:

The week 6 game surely could be for the AFC homefield advantage. The Chiefs looked unbelievable last night but we match up well. I have to trust in McBeane and Frazier to keep Mahomes in check.

That game felt like their Super Bowl.  Mahomes was clearly out for revenge.

We'll see if they can keep it up.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

That game felt like their Super Bowl.  Mahomes was clearly out for revenge.

We'll see if they can keep it up.

Right? The week before Matt Ryan and the Colts handled them fairly well. The old adage, any given Sunday. That said, you know they are going to be ready for us, as we will be for them. Should be a good game. But, we have the Steelers this week...

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Ann said:

Oh wow

I can kinda sympathize. But to me it shows he’s not a good soldier - one that will take his assignments and make the best of them until his number is called. It seems somewhat disappointing. 

20 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

His timing is not great...he may have finally gotten out there!

Or, he might've seen that even with all the injuries he needs to hope McKenzie can't go in order to get in the lineup and just decided that he is not actually in the Bills picture.

Personally would've stuck it out figuring all it takes is 1 opportunity to show he can do what they need.  But if he believes he can't get that opportunity, maybe he's right.

• Like 3
  • I don't know 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
16 hours ago, Taro T said:

Or, he might've seen that even with all the injuries he needs to hope McKenzie can't go in order to get in the lineup and just decided that he is not actually in the Bills picture.

Personally would've stuck it out figuring all it takes is 1 opportunity to show he can do what they need.  But if he believes he can't get that opportunity, maybe he's right.

Strikes me as poor risk/reward calculation on Austin's part.  He was on the damn practice squad.  If another team wanted him, they could have signed him off the practice squad.  What opportunity does he think he's getting as a FA that he wasn't on the PS?  

• Like 1
  • I don't know 2
  • Applause 1
  • Cheers 1