Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Josh Allen ..................The Book of Josh.

B-Man

Bills QB Josh Allen on Madden NFL 24 video game cover

</snip>

Back in high school in Firebaugh, California or even in college at the University of Wyoming -- nah, it wasn't something plausible. Let alone becoming the first-ever Bills player to be selected as the main cover star.

"It's such a small group of people who have ever touched the face of Madden, so now to be on that list, it's very surreal. It's very humbling," Allen told ESPN. "To think about where I was not too long ago and coming out of high school with zero offers, going to junior college and have one offer, University of Wyoming of all places, and then fast-forward to now.

"I dunno if I would have believed you at that point, if you were to tell me in high school. It's so surreal. Madden has such a special place in my heart."

</snip>

• Like 3
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, Ann said:

So which knee, ankle, or shoulder will the Madden Curse claim from our intrepid leader?

• Angry 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Sad 1

Jabba The Hutt
1 minute ago, devnull said:

So which knee, ankle, or shoulder will the Madden Curse claim from our intrepid leader?

His right arm hoisting the Lombardi

• Applause 1
  • FANtastic 2

47 minutes ago, Ann said:

Absolutely LOVE this one since some of Bills Mafia gets to share the cover with him! Wonder if we'll find out who they are?

• Cheers 3

IDBillzFan

This stuff usually doesn't mean anything to me one way or another, but I don't mind admitting I really like to see this for Josh.

Talent notwithstanding, the dude is self-made. He always had confidence in himself, never gave up, promoted himself when no one else would give him a look...and you just know this has got to feel good. Such a great story.

I only wish we didn't miss his window.*

Is this where the jealous fans start telling everyone one how Madden is a trash game?

*Note: @SquirminThurman This is still just a joke. :classic_laugh:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 3

1 hour ago, devnull said:

THERE'S STILL HOPE

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/madden-curse-cover-list-history/rfohxki52h57l5vmd9umn2a1

What is the Madden curse?

The "Madden curse" speaks to an unfortunate trend of NFL stars who are on the cover of "Madden" video games. For a lengthy period of time, players would end up injured, while others would put forth unproductive seasons.

Of the 26 NFL players who have appeared on the cover of "Madden" since 1999, 15 have suffered injuries, with the curse tailing off in the mid-2010s.

Who broke the Madden curse?

Depending on how you view the curse, there are a few different NFL players who may have broken it.

— In 2008, a (then) retired Brett Favre was named the cover athlete for "Madden 09," but Favre returned to the field after he was traded to the Jets. While Favre didn't miss a game in 2008, he suffered a biceps tendon injury, leading to a 1-4 finish for New York. They would miss the playoffs.

— In 2010, Drew Brees was named the cover athlete for "Madden 2011." Brees stayed fully healthy all season long, helping lead the Saints to the playoffs. New Orleans was then downed by the 7-9 Seahawks in the first round of the 2011 NFL playoffs.

Since then, a number of players have still hit the shelf, but only one (Rob Gronkowski) would miss extended time with injury.

• Like 3

Seasons1992
1 hour ago, devnull said:

As long as the heart is intact, the Cheat Code can overcome any issue.

• Like 1