• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Foxx

• Nouseforaname

• Ann

• Crap Throwing Clavin

24 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

Before going to Paris my French colleague told me to plan for delays in case you run into a random protest.

Tell me what differs from the 70,000 other protests going on in France?

Are you saying that the other 70K protests involve this level of contention between the police and the everyman? I've been watching France protests for years and they are mostly peaceful, this is next level. Which more than likely is being spurred by the gas and energy shortages.

Nouseforaname
1 minute ago, Foxx said:

Are you saying that the other 70K protests involve this level of contention between the police and the everyman? I've been watching France protests for years and they are mostly peaceful, this is next level. Which more than likely is being spurred by the gas and energy shortages.

Yes gilet jaunes was peace love and kumbaya.

Nouseforaname
22 minutes ago, Foxx said:

You're right, nothing to see here, perfectly normal protest.

You’re right.  I’m blind if I don’t think that this protest means that France is burning.

🙄

14 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

You’re right.  I’m blind if I don’t think that this protest means that France is burning.

🙄

Your words, not mine. :eyeroll:

• 2 weeks later...
Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, Foxx said:

As Winter gets closer, expect this to ramp up even more and possibly even get violent. Tensions are already elevated and brief skirmishes are already breaking out.

So Putin's achieving his strategic goals for invading Ukraine: the dissolution of NATO.

• Cheers 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
45 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Probably not Youtube's fault.  Youtube Brazil is bound to follow any laws and orders from the Brazilian government they may receive.  If Brazil tells them "censor any election dissent," they're required to, or be shut down. 

• Like 1

Nouseforaname
2 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Probably not Youtube's fault.  Youtube Brazil is bound to follow any laws and orders from the Brazilian government they may receive.  If Brazil tells them "censor any election dissent," they're required to, or be shut down. 

And Musk will do the same thing on Twitter if he is told to.

If Joe says it was fair, then it must have been.

There was a long Twitter thread that had a bunch of these that I can't find today, showing cartels and videos from those locked up in prisons, celebrating the win.

• Facepalm 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
11 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

And Musk will do the same thing on Twitter if he is told to.

Probably.  Maybe not.  Musk's business sense is a little...odd.  There's an off-chance he'd say "Twitter is a free speech platform, so go ahead and block us instead."

• Like 2

Nouseforaname
29 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Probably.  Maybe not.  Musk's business sense is a little...odd.  There's an off-chance he'd say "Twitter is a free speech platform, so go ahead and block us instead."

Musk has stated in the past that he would respect local laws when it came to speech so who knows.

That being said, it's too late. The Brazilian election has been stolen, tweets with no context has proven that.