Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

re-Evolution

Foxx

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 hours ago, Nouseforaname said:

No we’re just paid by the elites.  

Speaking of elites, why does the richest man in the world never show up in discussions when we talk about the « elites? ».  You know, the guy who drove around poor neighborhoods in fancy limos mocking the plebs?

Because he's not really one of the "elites".  He's a front.  A false flag.  An "elite" that the real elites hide behind.  There's a whole other level of elite elites that hide behind the elites, and really run the show.  

You've never heard of them...which is proof they really exist, and are covering up their tracks.

• Like 1

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Foxx

• Nouseforaname

• Ann

• Crap Throwing Clavin

5 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Because he's not really one of the "elites".  He's a front.  A false flag.  An "elite" that the real elites hide behind.  There's a whole other level of elite elites that hide behind the elites, and really run the show.  

You've never heard of them...which is proof they really exist, and are covering up their tracks.

Sounds like the premise of any number of episodes of Ancient Aliens

Or when DR tried to write a RomCom

8 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

I’ve read this script before.

7 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

What are your expectations?

She wants to cut the dole. South of Rome isn’t happy. If she can get them to cut regulations and taxes along with cutting bennies, that would be good.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Ann said:

She wants to cut the dole. South of Rome isn’t happy. If she can get them to cut regulations and taxes along with cutting bennies, that would be good.

As far as I can tell, she’s just a little right of center. She has no intention of leaving Europe or distancing from the sanctions on Russia.  

Also, Italy a highly regulated society, not because of the regulations but because of the mafia control and the incredible bureaucracy.  That won’t change no matter who is in office unless she wants to see bridges exploding again.

33 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

As far as I can tell, she’s just a little right of center. She has no intention of leaving Europe or distancing from the sanctions on Russia.  

Also, Italy a highly regulated society, not because of the regulations but because of the mafia control and the incredible bureaucracy.  That won’t change no matter who is in office unless she wants to see bridges exploding again.

The world press are making her out to be the second coming of Mussolini.  The unelected EU President threatened Italy with financial problems if she was elected.

People are constantly bitching about taxes and regulations here (we are back in Italy). More than one tour guide has mentioned the hope both will be cut. Like you, I doubt it will happen.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Ann said:

The world press are making her out to be the second coming of Mussolini.  The unelected EU President threatened Italy with financial problems if she was elected.

People are constantly bitching about taxes and regulations here (we are back in Italy). More than one tour guide has mentioned the hope both will be cut. Like you, I doubt it will happen.

It will never happen.  I don’t know if you’ve heard of « la guardia de la finanzia »?.  They are basically the IRS on steroids and have giant mega yachts.  They can stop you in the street and fine you 800 euros if you dont have the receipt for the soft drink you just bought at the convenience store.  This is to ensure you paid the 20% sales tax.

This isn’t new.  This existed even when Berlusconi ( a right winger) was in power.  It’s all a pipe dream and why everyone leaves when they can.

7 hours ago, Nouseforaname said:

What are your expectations?

That she is a politician of, and for the people.

She is talking a good game but I think we all know that good intentions are corrupted to serve the greater agenda.

Did you catch the words of von der Leyen about electing the 'wrong' people?

• Cheers 1

On 9/26/2022 at 10:46 AM, Foxx said:

That she is a politician of, and for the people.

She is talking a good game but I think we all know that good intentions are corrupted to serve the greater agenda.

Did you catch the words of von der Leyen about electing the 'wrong' people?

Yes the European bureaucrats never seem to know their place but can all of a you remember how the Italians were on their knees begging for a bailout when their shitty finances finally caught up with them.

Italians love complaining about the euro but when the lira was exchanged for the euro, it was Italian businesses that basically &#%$ed over everyone by being incredibly dubious when it came to the new value of goods.  That’s on everyday Italians, not on Brussels.  And who was in charge then? Why Berlusconi, certainly not a man of the people. 

• Cheers 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
4 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

Yes the European bureaucrats never seem to know their place but can all of a you remember how the Italians were on their knees begging for a bailout when their shitty finances finally caught up with them.

Italians love complaining about the euro but when the lira was exchanged for the euro, it was Italian businesses that basically &#%$ed over everyone by being incredibly dubious when it came to the new value of goods.  That’s on everyday Italians, not on Brussels.  And who was in charge then? Why Berlusconi, certainly not a man of the people. 

Same country that convicted seismologists for an earthquake.

I gave up trying to understand the Italians, as a socio-political group, long ago.

1 minute ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Same country that convicted seismologists for an earthquake.

I gave up trying to understand the Italians, as a socio-political group, long ago.

Italians are extremely political, probably worse than the French.  Go to any soccer game and the fans of the same team are segregated in sections by ideology.  

30 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

I would respond... Who caused the need for a bailout? Who put those everyday businesses in the position that they found themselves in? Certainly it wasn't the everyday people.

Watch how the bureaucrats try to bring Sweden and Italy back to the flock or cast them out for not doing as they're told. What other nation states are next that will be electing populists?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Foxx said:

I would respond... Who caused the need for a bailout? Who put those everyday businesses in the position that they found themselves in? Certainly it wasn't the everyday people.

Watch how the bureaucrats try to bring Sweden and Italy back to the flock or cast them out for not doing as they're told. What other nation states are next that will be electing populists?

It was definitely the everyday people.  

You have to stop thinking in terms of how we live in North America. Italy is a giant bureaucracy that the public supports. 

And the biggest issue is the youth.  They don’t work. If you’re under 30, you don’t get a part time job to find school, you study or you work.  

And there is no class mobility.  If you’re a rich trust fund kid, you don’t work. 

All these factors contribute to a society that is consistently stuck in the mud economically.  That’s not the government, that’s the culture.

7 hours ago, Nouseforaname said:

It was definitely the everyday people.  

You have to stop thinking in terms of how we live in North America. Italy is a giant bureaucracy that the public supports. 

And the biggest issue is the youth.  They don’t work. If you’re under 30, you don’t get a part time job to find school, you study or you work.  

And there is no class mobility.  If you’re a rich trust fund kid, you don’t work. 

All these factors contribute to a society that is consistently stuck in the mud economically.  That’s not the government, that’s the culture.

Why can’t they get a PT job? Because PTers get the same bennies as FTers, so it isn’t worth it for a business to hire someone PT.  

And the contracts for either group… :doh:

The same problem in the US. Once a benefit is in place, it is impossible to remove. There has to be the political will to do it.

• Cheers 2

5 hours ago, Ann said:

Why can’t they get a PT job? Because PTers get the same bennies as FTers, so it isn’t worth it for a business to hire someone PT.  

And the contracts for either group… :doh:

The same problem in the US. Once a benefit is in place, it is impossible to remove. There has to be the political will to do it.

Not true according to what I’ve been told.  It’s a cultural thing.  We always try to link it to politics but it’s not the case.

24 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

Not true according to what I’ve been told.  It’s a cultural thing.  We always try to link it to politics but it’s not the case.

We were just told it yet again the other day by a tour guide who could not get  PT job.  The issue is the benefits being equal

3 minutes ago, Ann said:

We were just told it yet again the other day by a tour guide who had to freelance because she could not get  PT job.  The issue is the benefits being equal. 

I guess it’s different perspectives then.  My aunt lived here for a while before moving back for family reasons.

When I went in 2011 during the height of the crisis, I asked my uncle how the town was doing because of the economic slowdown.

He replied « look around, everyone has a new car, a cell phone and spends all their times at la piazza doing nothing ».  

• 3 weeks later...