Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

re-Evolution

Foxx

1 hour ago, Foxx said:

Things are heating up in France.

Seeing sporadic reports and video of riot police and firefighters siding with and walking with protestors. 

How nice must life be to engage in violent protests over raising the age of retirement from 62 to 64 because the retirement benefits are unsustainable?

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Foxx

• Nouseforaname

• Ann

• Crap Throwing Clavin

5 hours ago, Koko said:

How nice must life be to engage in violent protests over raising the age of retirement from 62 to 64 because the retirement benefits are unsustainable?

As I previously said, there is a philosophical argument here.

Does .gov treating the retirement benefit portfolio like their own personal piggy bank give them carte blanche to raise the age to whatever they deem fit because they have exhausted what should be a robust fund?

Should you work yourself to death before you are entitled to what you have paid into the system? Or... should you be able to enjoy what you have paid into the system before you are unable to?

When has .gov and it's bureaucracy ever reduced their cost? Remove .gov from the equation and I bet this wouldn't be a topic of conversation. When is enough, enough?

• Like 3

Nouseforaname
17 minutes ago, Ann said:

This has always been a flawed argument.  Do you want someone doing a job to have had success or not? 

25 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

This has always been a flawed argument.  Do you want someone doing a job to have had success or not? 

Someone paid on the taxpayer dime? How much is enough? Apparently an 80K watch is okay(?).

I'm sure he will retire before 64...

🤡

Nouseforaname
16 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Someone paid on the taxpayer dime? How much is enough? Apparently an 80K watch is okay(?).

I'm sure he will retire before 64...

🤡

Macron was an investment banker before getting into politics.  Those are generally high paying jobs.  I personally don’t understand why someone would get into politics when they were already successful in the private sector.  Keeping idiots like you happy is a thankless job.

Deranged Rhino
4 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

Macron was an investment banker before getting into politics.  Those are generally high paying jobs.  I personally don’t understand why someone would get into politics when they were already successful in the private sector.  

That's the rub, isn't it? But then you look at people's net worth before and after leaving office and almost without exception, in US politics at least, it's much higher after office than before. See: both Clintons, both Obamas, the Bidens, on down through the senators and congress critters. 

Politics is a pathway to increasing your wealth ten fold... if you're willing to play the game. And that game doesn't necessarily have to be illegal (or even immoral), but it exists. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

Nouseforaname
1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

That's the rub, isn't it? But then you look at people's net worth before and after leaving office and almost without exception, in US politics at least, it's much higher after office than before. See: both Clintons, both Obamas, the Bidens, on down through the senators and congress critters. 

Politics is a pathway to increasing your wealth ten fold... if you're willing to play the game. And that game doesn't necessarily have to be illegal (or even immoral), but it exists. 

Not arguing with you but government pension benefits have to be addressed one way or another, whether it’s someone wearing a Rolex or a shitty Apple Watch.

It’s populist politics. 

If trump would have won a second term and would have made adjustments to social security, etc because it’s necessary, would the same people complaining about macrons flaunting of his wealth have complained about trumps flaunting of his wealth?

• Like 1

Deranged Rhino
1 minute ago, Nouseforaname said:

Not arguing with you but government pension benefits have to be addressed one way or another, whether it’s someone wearing a Rolex or a shitty Apple Watch.

It’s populist politics. 

If trump would have won a second term and would have made adjustments to social security, etc because it’s necessary, would the same people complaining about macrons flaunting of his wealth have complained about trumps flaunting of his wealth?

I hear you. To me it's not the wealth/watch that's the issue (in the clip I mean), it's the fakeness of trying to hide the watch while talking about people needing to take a cut. And you know he got a signal off camera, or in an earpiece, to take it off. Which just compounds the issue.

Either embrace it, or know enough not to wear it prior to going on TV. But doing it the way he did just screams fake and makes him an easy target for ridicule.

• Cheers 2

11 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I remember being baffled by Dick Cheney taking the VP slot and walking away from Halliburton . Boy, was I naive.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

18 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

Keeping idiots like you happy is a thankless job.

I'd much rather be an idiot like me than an conditioned NPC like you who swallows the sanctioned pablum whole, without question. As you continually display, time after time after time.

Nouseforaname
11 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I hear you. To me it's not the wealth/watch that's the issue (in the clip I mean), it's the fakeness of trying to hide the watch while talking about people needing to take a cut. And you know he got a signal off camera, or in an earpiece, to take it off. Which just compounds the issue.

Either embrace it, or know enough not to wear it prior to going on TV. But doing it the way he did just screams fake and makes him an easy target for ridicule.

This is France we’re talking about.  You don’t have more eat the rich than there.  That’s what I despise about France and Italy, too far to the left in my opinion.  

The only people who had an issue with trumps wealth were the idiot progressives and those are the same people I expect to criticize macron, not conservatives and those to the right.

Edited by Nouseforaname

Nouseforaname
7 minutes ago, Foxx said:

I'd much rather be an idiot like me than an conditioned NPC like you who swallows the sanctioned pablum whole, without question. As you continually display, time after time after time.

Without question. 😂😂😂 

nailed me to a tee 🤣

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Nouseforaname said:

Macron was an investment banker before getting into politics.  Those are generally high paying jobs.  I personally don’t understand why someone would get into politics when they were already successful in the private sector.  Keeping  Giving idiots like you Me happy a forum page is a thankless job.

FIFY :drums:

4merper4mer
On 3/24/2023 at 5:57 PM, Nouseforaname said:

Macron was an investment banker before getting into politics.  Those are generally high paying jobs.  I personally don’t understand why someone would get into politics when they were already successful in the private sector.  Keeping idiots like you happy is a thankless job.

The fact that you don’t know why someone would get into politics at that level indicates you shouldn’t be calling anyone an idiot.

• Like 2
  • clown 1