• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Foxx

• Nouseforaname

• Ann

• Crap Throwing Clavin

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Nouseforaname said:

Retiring at 64 instead of 62. The humanity.

Isn't it more about ingnoring the will of the populace you're supposed to be representing?

I understand the stance, but being a bull in a China shop is a good way to lose one's head.

• Like 1

Nouseforaname
12 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Isn't it more about ingnoring the will of the populace you're supposed to be representing?

I understand the stance, but being a bull in a China shop is a good way to lose one's head.

He should definitely but he probably figured (and rightly so) that it wouldn’t pass so he did it the other way.  

I don’t care either way to be honest but it’s ridiculous how much the French are always complaining when their social programs are insanely generous. 

Edited by Nouseforaname

Crap Throwing Clavin
18 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

He should definitely but he probably figured (and rightly so) that it wouldn’t pass so he did it the other way.  

I don’t care either way to be honest but it’s ridiculous how much the French are always complaining when their social programs are insanely generous. 

Ungrateful people, ever since their queen offered them cake.  Who turns down cake???

• Facepalm 1

Nouseforaname
16 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Ungrateful people, ever since their queen offered them cake.  Who turns down cake???

Well there was that one time when I was in a  barbershop quartet in Skokie, Illinois. 

Edited by Nouseforaname

Crap Throwing Clavin
19 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

Well there was that one time when I was in a  barbershop quartet in Skokie, Illinois. 

Really?  You know a dealer named Ruby Deemer?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Nouseforaname said:

Out of curiosity, and not that I disagree, but... by what metric are they, insanely generous? Because there is a philosophical argument to be made that it should be even earlier.

Nouseforaname
6 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Out of curiosity, and not that I disagree, but... by what metric are they, insanely generous? Because there is a philosophical argument to be made that it should be even earlier.

I don't have any stats to back it up and it's mostly anecdotal but every second person I work with is a french national.  From what they tell me, it is much more generous than it is here (and it's quite generous here as well)... and I wouldn't be crazy to go out on a limb and say that social programs in Quebec are more generous than most states simply from what i've learned over the years.

Of course France has marginally higher tax rates than Quebec and Quebec has the highest overall tax rates in North America.

• Cheers 2

AS A WISE COMMUNITY ORGANIZER ADVISES, GET IN THEIR FACES AND PUNCH BACK TWICE AS HARD: 

Farmers’ protest party win shock Dutch vote victory.

The Farmer-citizen movement (BBB) was only set up in 2019 in the wake of widespread farmers’ protests.

But with most votes counted they are due to win 15 of the Senate’s seats with almost 20% of the vote.

“This isn’t normal, but actually it is! It’s all normal citizens who voted,” said leader Caroline van der Plas.

The BBB aims to fight government plans to slash nitrogen emissions harmful to biodiversity by dramatically reducing livestock numbers and buying out thousands of farms.

But its appeal has spread rapidly beyond its rural heartland, on a populist platform that represents traditional, conservative Dutch social and moral values.

Shocked by the scale of their success, Ms van der Plas told supporters that voters normally stayed at home if they lost faith in politics: “But today people have shown they can’t stay at home any longer. We won’t be ignored any more.”

Much more like this please.

• Cheers 3