• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Foxx

• Nouseforaname

• Ann

• Crap Throwing Clavin

Crap Throwing Clavin
3 hours ago, Ann said:

I actually want to see them do this, because I want to see how &#%$ed up it is.

Just imagine the carve-outs for politicians, and the rich, and favored classes (who will somehow "need" to produce more carbon), and the unreasonable restrictions they'll put on farmers, owner/operator transportation (or whatever the equivalent is there) and other groups.

14 hours ago, Ann said:

I'm old enough to remember when "Carbon Credits" were for greedy Corporate entities to absolve their carbon sins against the planet

Now, you need to justify your carbon footprint

Oh, and Eva Vlaaaaarderingberrrooeeek = :classic_love:

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 3/27/2023 at 9:39 AM, Ann said:

m'kay

We’ll Humza, you and your minions are several dozens of centuries late in your conquest of the Highlands and Hebrides. 
You and your tribes have got a lot of catching up to do.  

Sue for independence from the UK so you can create a third world paradise like your ancestral Homeland Pakistan. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

An interesting article that attempts to take the macro view of events upon the world stage at this time. While I'm certain not all of the analysis is correct, it does seem to be over much of the target.

I would be interested in @Nouseforaname and @Crap Throwing Clavin, and anyone else who cares to weigh in on, their take on the piece.

A Tom Luongo op-ed:

No One Has Really Grokked How Big The Suez/Houthi Gambit Is

... The October Setup

So, here’s the backdrop for Davos and the US/UK:

Now, if you are a cornered old money globalist oligarch with your finger on the pulse of these events…

Then, you are seeing:

1. The project in Ukraine hanging by a thread as European and American support wanes at every level just below the unelected leadership.
  2. The ECB failing to hold the line on rising bond yields to stave off a banking crisis.
  3. US Yield Curve blowing out on the long end, giving Yellen no good options for funding the current budget deficit or for rolling over existing debt, much of which is due in 2024.
  4. German state elections deeply embarrass the ruling coalition in Hesse and Bavaria as well as the CDU/CSU who lost significant votes to Alternative for Germany (AfD) in CSU stronghold Bavaria.
  5. Polish elections forcing the ruling Law and Justice Party (PiS) out of power despite tough words about Ukrainian refugees and shaking Germany down for WWII reparations.
  6. The BRICS adding five nations which give them control over major trade routes into and out of Europe, including, but not limited to, the Suez Canal.
  7. The US geopolitical position in the Middle East degrading as Saudi Arabia sides with Russia and Iran on every issue.
  8. Iran becoming an integral partner in the burgeoning Asian integration on trade and policy.

Would you not conclude that time had run out, and upsetting the game board in some major way was your best, if not only, move?

Now, from the other side we have the following circumstances:

If this [revealing the depravity of Neocon hatred of Arabs] was Iran’s intended goal, then mission accomplished.

It also implies that they are ready and willing to open up the entire can of worms across the Middle East in order to bring the Arab tribes together to further their regional ambitions. And there won’t be a T.E. Lawrence coming to bring them back into the British fold this time.

Because Israel’s response here will likely preclude any of them being able to stand aside and let Israel just wipe out the civilians in Gaza, even if secretly they despise Hamas as much as the Israelis do.

So, if you’re Iran and you see:

1. Weak US leadership in Biden and a vacant speaker
  2. Support for Ukraine failing rapidly.
  3. The Arab oil states standing firm with Russia athwart US/EU sanctions.
  4. China investing in Syria’s reconstruction.
  5. Turkey openly attacking US-backed Kurdish SDF forces over Syrian oil fields.
  6. A cynical landgrab by Azerbaijan to break up the International North-South transport corridor in Armenia
  7. Russia returning to the European gas market via Turkey
  8. Increased influence regionally having re-opened diplomatic relations with Saudi Arabia.

Wouldn’t you do something to upset the status quo and force a choice on the US but also the rest of the Arab world? 

• Cheers 2

3 hours ago, Foxx said:

An interesting article that attempts to take the macro view of events upon the world stage at this time. While I'm certain not all of the analysis is correct, it does seem to be over much of the target.

I would be interested in @Nouseforaname and @Crap Throwing Clavin, and anyone else who cares to weigh in on, their take on the piece.

A Tom Luongo op-ed:

No One Has Really Grokked How Big The Suez/Houthi Gambit Is

Hubby and i were having a discussion about this earlier today. I will see if i can get him to share thoughts. 

• Cheers 2

I found the Tom Luongo piece to lay out a compelling and plausible socio-political paradigm. On a more practical economic level, I think it lays the foundation for a flareup in inflation, both directly via transportation costs and indirectly via production input costs (via oil going up). Assuming the Fed will err on the accommodative side given it's an election year, I think precious metals are looking good.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Cotton Dog said:

I found the Tom Luongo piece to lay out a compelling and plausible socio-political paradigm. On a more practical economic level, I think it lays the foundation for a flareup in inflation, both directly via transportation costs and indirectly via production input costs (via oil going up). Assuming the Fed will err on the accommodative side given it's an election year, I think precious metals are looking good.

I think it also, indirectly, points to the clean energy/climate change gambit we have seen being rolled out.