Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Climate policy

snafu

3 hours ago, Ann said:

Instead of pulling the protestors out of the street, the police went after the guy moving them.  If they police would do their jobs, civilians would not have to.

I saw a video of the inevitable this morning. It was however too graphic to post, but I think we all know where this goes if the idiots keep trying to stop traffic with their meatbags.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Foxx said:

I saw a video of the inevitable this morning. It was however too graphic to post, but I think we all know where this goes if the idiots keep trying to stop traffic with their meatbags.

I am honestly surprised more of them have not been run over. And how to you find the driver guilty?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ann said:

And how to you find the driver guilty?

Because they are driving a car with a combustion engine.  That's literally genocide. 

Edited by devnull
  • Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
4 hours ago, Foxx said:

France has a reliable and efficient enough rail network that this isn't nonsensical.  Were I in France, I'd probably prefer rail to air travel - it seems the convenience would outweigh any time considerations of rail vs. air.

Your private jet point is still valid, of course.

9 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

France has a reliable and efficient enough rail network that this isn't nonsensical.  Were I in France, I'd probably prefer rail to air travel - it seems the convenience would outweigh any time considerations of rail vs. air.

Your private jet point is still valid, of course.

Your point about rail travel is duly noted.

However, it is more about boiling the frog than anything. The elite are continuing to incrementally remove liberties and freedoms. Regardless of whether or not rail is efficient or not, the traveler no longer has a choice. And there is a reason why private jets are still allowed, can't have Macron have to stoop to the plebian level and take rail across country. Not to mention that certain businesses are bound to go out of business (feature, not a bug) all because of the agenda the elite are implementing.

• Like 3
  • Wow 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, IDBillzFan said:

It'll be fun to hear the words "Go Phuck Yourself, Joe Biden" with an Indian accent.

I'm more offended by the fact of foreign relations by podcast.

Seriously...what the cockamamie &#%$ is that lunacy?  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

I can't speak to the veracity of the following, but if true 😵‍💫

I do have a friend who is also being harassed by green energy folks trying to eminent domain their lands, so it very well could be true.

In South Dakota.

What I am about to tell you should be the most important story in America but no national media is talking about it. Read this entire tweet.

One of the biggest invasions of property rights in American history is currently happening in South Dakota to expand green energy.

This is footage that was shared with me by a South Dakota farmer named Jared Bossly, whose farm has been in his family for four generations.

Bossly is one of over 80 SD landowners currently facing eminent domain lawsuits from a company called Summit Carbon Solutions who wants to seize their property and use it to build a carbon capture pipeline that will transport CO2 emissions from Iowa to North Dakota to be stored underground.

The men in the video are surveyors from Summit. They entered his home and shop before going on his farm to survey the land all without permission while only his wife was home. They later falsely accused him of threatening to kill them (he talked to them for 6 seconds on speaker phone about how the sheriff should be there while they do it) and are taking him to court to get a restraining order so he can't be on his property when they come back. His hearing is tomorrow.

Bossly tells me surveyors from the company have shown up to SD farms without permission, some with armed security guards like something straight out of Blazing Saddles, and have threatened the landowners who haven't agreed to give up their property.

The Republican leadership in South Dakota has also abandoned them. In the last legislative session, bills to protect landowners from eminent domain from Summit failed. Gov. Kristi Norm has done nothing. Why? Because Summit has connections to massive GOP donors.

They are also bankrolled by large investments, some of which are foreign, as well as benefit from massive federal tax credits for carbon capture expanded by Joe Biden's "Inflation Reduction Act."

Meanwhile, South Dakotans whose farms have been in their families for generations, who have put their blood sweat and tears into their land, are now facing them being seized and ruined for the green energy grift. Their elected leaders have abandoned them and no one outside local media is talking about it.

I'll soon be publishing a full story on this on my Substack with all the details.

• Angry 5

Crap Throwing Clavin
15 hours ago, Foxx said:

...facing eminent domain lawsuits from a company... 

&#%$ing what?????

Eminent domain refers to the power of the government to take private property and convert it into public use, referred to as a taking. The Fifth Amendment provides that the government may only exercise this power if they provide just compensation to the property owners. 

https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/eminent_domain

Honestly...if anyone shot these people for trespassing, I wouldn't vote to convict.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

&#%$ing what?????

https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/eminent_domain

Honestly...if anyone shot these people for trespassing, I wouldn't vote to convict.

Can't think of the name of the case, but this is basically that Connecticut lawsuit where the government stole several people's land to put in IIRC a shopping mall.  These guys are just cutting out the middle man.

That case was SO wrongly decided.

Will try to get the real scoop from somebody that would know the details of this.  Will let people know if this kid gets any info about it.

• Like 3
  • Cheers 2