Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Climate policy

snafu

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 hours ago, Spartacus said:

https://www.outkick.com/climate-expert-greta-thunberg-deletes-2018-tweet-saying-world-will-end-in-2023-because-the-world-has-not-ended/

Well. It’s been five years, and uh…we’re all still here.

And in a stunning turn of events, instead of apologizing for the ridiculous prediction of catastrophe, Thunberg simply…deleted it.

Actually, tweet said the world will end if we don't stop using fossil fuels by 2023.  It put the deadline on fossil fuel use, not the end of the world.  So she could still eventually be correct, since she didn't say when the world will end. 

In fact, she will be correct some day, since the world will end at some point in the future.  That's the beauty of apocalyptic predictions: you can be wrong as often as you like, as long as you're imprecise enough.

5 hours ago, Spartacus said:

https://www.outkick.com/climate-expert-greta-thunberg-deletes-2018-tweet-saying-world-will-end-in-2023-because-the-world-has-not-ended/

And in a stunning turn of events, instead of apologizing for the ridiculous prediction of catastrophe, Thunberg simply…deleted it.

Its still 2023.....she has time.

4 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Actually, tweet said the world will end if we don't stop using fossil fuels by 2023.  It put the deadline on fossil fuel use, not the end of the world.  So she could still eventually be correct, since she didn't say when the world will end. 

In fact, she will be correct some day, since the world will end at some point in the future.  That's the beauty of apocalyptic predictions: you can be wrong as often as you like, as long as you're imprecise enough.

Yeah, I'm sure that is exactly what she was thinking 5 years ago too. 

13 hours ago, Cinga said:

well- if it was, she wouldn't have deleted the tweet

21 hours ago, Spartacus said:

The apocalypse is so popular everyone is talking about it like there's no tomorrow

Bad pun courtesy The Last of Us

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
On 3/13/2023 at 8:06 PM, Cinga said:

I'm sure that's what her handlers were thinking.

You honestly believe that poor kid is allowed independent thoughts?

2 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

I'm sure that's what her handlers were thinking.

You honestly believe that poor kid is allowed independent thoughts?

I don't know. She has that creepy look you see on the face of someone evil as the credits start to run at the end of a bad horror flick. There was video of her being carried away by police at some event recently, and you could really see the pleasure in her eyes.

Crap Throwing Clavin
10 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

I don't know. She has that creepy look you see on the face of someone evil as the credits start to run at the end of a bad horror flick. There was video of her being carried away by police at some event recently, and you could really see the pleasure in her eyes.

Evil?  You're calling her evil?

Capture.jpg

(Personally, I think that look is more "brainwashed.")

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

The climate change lobby are literally the only people in the world who've never heard of "The Boy Who Cried Wolf."

Because capitalism killed the wolf

And how dare you assume gender

• Haha 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
19 hours ago, Foxx said:

I honestly think that's slightly less ridiculous than the honorary doctorate they're awarding to the Doctor of Porcine Health Medicine.

Awarding an honorary doctorate in a field to a guy who already has a doctorate in that field, studying pig health.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9ZgnVb5Q7I

• Cheers 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
14 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Isn't that the same degree the Wizard gave to the Scarecrow?

Scarecrow got a brain out of it, though.

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Scarecrow got a brain out of it, though.

Sorry. I got the degree wrong. It was a ThD. Doctor of Thinkology.

But I suspect, in the end, there really isn't that much of a difference. But the Wizard made the right point, anyway.

Why, anybody can have a brain. That's a very mediocre commodity. Every pusillanimous creature that crawls on the Earth or slinks through slimy seas has a brain. Back where I come from, we have universities, seats of great learning, where men go to become great thinkers. And when they come out, they think deep thoughts and with no more brains than you have! But they have one thing you haven't got - a diploma. Therefore, by virtue of the authority vested in me by the Universitatus Committeatum E Pluribus Unum, I hereby confer upon you the honorary degree of Th. D...that's Doctor of Thinkology.

if only we had listened to AOC and eliminated all cow farts

https://www.zerohedge.com/weather/earth-hit-strongest-geomagnetic-storm-six-years-dazzling-auroras-spotted-across-us

According to the National Weather Service's Space Weather Prediction Center, the CME pounded Earth's atmosphere last night with solar plasma in a G4 (Severe) geomagnetic storm. A G3 Warning was in effect until early Friday morning. 

"A severe disturbance in the Earth's magnetic field," an SWPC warned, calling the solar storm "severe." This caused stunning auroras in the US as far south as the Midwest. 

Geomagnetic storm news blog Space Weather said the severe G4 storm was the "most intense in nearly six years." 

Even though auroras look stunning, these CMEs have a tremendous impact on modern society

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Spartacus said:

if only we had listened to AOC and eliminated all cow farts

https://www.zerohedge.com/weather/earth-hit-strongest-geomagnetic-storm-six-years-dazzling-auroras-spotted-across-us

According to the National Weather Service's Space Weather Prediction Center, the CME pounded Earth's atmosphere last night with solar plasma in a G4 (Severe) geomagnetic storm. A G3 Warning was in effect until early Friday morning. 

"A severe disturbance in the Earth's magnetic field," an SWPC warned, calling the solar storm "severe." This caused stunning auroras in the US as far south as the Midwest. 

Geomagnetic storm news blog Space Weather said the severe G4 storm was the "most intense in nearly six years." 

Even though auroras look stunning, these CMEs have a tremendous impact on modern society

Aurora's and cow farts

The farmers protesting in Belgium should do a a mass lighting of cow farts