Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Climate policy

snafu

IDBillzFan

When you so desperately need to yell about global cooling warming climate change crisis, you don't even stop to consider for a moment what the phuck you're talking about.

• clown 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Haha 2

The stupidity of climate warriors ins mind boggling. Notice the car she is berating him for it's carbon footprint

• Doh! 1
  • Haha 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, snafu said:

Humans, is there anything we can't do!

Earth's Spin Has Shifted—And Humans Are To Blame (msn.com)

1) It's published in Geophysical Research Letters.  Just a reminder than anything posted in "...Letters" isn't strong enough to pass peer review as a true journal article.

2) Oh, come on.  You've got a 50% variation in your groundwater contributions, and you're making that precise an estimate?  🤡

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 hours ago, Cinga said:

According to Dr Greta the world will end today at 9:18 AM

One of the startling features of the hundreds of apocalyptic cults of the last 200 years - of any type - is that they're never "wrong," just "early," and never lose followers because of it, no matter how often they have to repeat their predictions.

Someone tell me again how climate change isn't a religion.  :classic_dry:

• Cheers 3

12 hours ago, Cinga said:

According to Dr Greta the world will end today at 9:18 AM

Judging by that pic, i'd guess she is guilty of the sin of enabling a few cow farts

32 minutes ago, Cinga said:

What did I just listen to? The world really did end didn't it? :hysterical:

I can remember this song in my teen years. For some reason it came to mind when I saw your post. 

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
43 minutes ago, B-Man said:

NOTHING TO SEE HERE, MOVE ALONG: 

36 Climate Models Overestimated Warming in U.S. Corn Belt.

Climate models are all basically the same - written on the same underlying assumptions, with the same basic algorithms.  

Modeling is generally badly misused - speaking as someone who's actually done this sort of computer modeling, the purpose of models should be to investigate specific features of a larger system, not to predict the behaviors of such systems.  Climate models are not only badly designed, but completely misused too.

• Like 1

Billsandhorns
1 hour ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Climate models are all basically the same - written on the same underlying assumptions, with the same basic algorithms.  

Modeling is generally badly misused - speaking as someone who's actually done this sort of computer modeling, the purpose of models should be to investigate specific features of a larger system, not to predict the behaviors of such systems.  Climate models are not only badly designed, but completely misused too.

Climate denier !!! :insertsarcasm:

Crap Throwing Clavin
6 minutes ago, Billsandhorns said:

Climate denier !!! :insertsarcasm:

That's right.  I deny the existence of climate.  In fact, I'm breathing vacuum right now.

• Haha 1

Who would have guessed lab created meat happens to be bad for the environment when compared to real beef? 

Knowledge sharing among charitable funders is needed | Voluntary Sector ...

https://interestingengineering.com/science/lab-grown-meat-25-times-co2

Assuming the continued use of highly refined growing media, the researchers estimate that each kilogram of ACBM produces 542 pounds (246 kg) to 3,325 pounds (1,508 kg) of carbon dioxide emissions. Based on these figures, they calculate that the global warming potential of cultured meat is between four and 25 times greater than that of retail beef

• Facepalm 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
14 hours ago, Cinga said:

Who would have guessed lab created meat happens to be bad for the environment when compared to real beef? 

Knowledge sharing among charitable funders is needed | Voluntary Sector ...

https://interestingengineering.com/science/lab-grown-meat-25-times-co2

But what's the water usage?  Real beef uses a hellacious amount of land and water.  It's why I cut my cheeseburger intake from 3x/week to "Whenever PETA does something extraordinarily stupid."