Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Ron Desantis - the Great Satan

Spartacus

Fansince88
1 hour ago, Spartacus said:

What happened to Trump?

He caved to the daily attacks, impeachments and litigation he endured for 4 years

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/desantis-decks-trump-accusations-running-left

"I don’t know what happened to Donald Trump," DeSantis told WWTN radio in Nashville. "This is a different guy today than when he was running in 2015 and 2016. And I think, I think the direction that he’s going with his campaign is the wrong direction."

More via Bloomberg;

On spending, DeSantis said Trump shares responsibility for the nation’s $31 trillion in debt. “He added almost $8 trillion in debt in just four years as president,” he said. “I was right on those issues and he wasn’t.”

On abortion, DeSantis defended Florida’s newly enacted six-week abortion ban against Trump criticism that it was “too harsh” and that DeSantis didn’t know what he was doing. 

On immigration, DeSantis accused Trump of supporting amnesty for undocumented immigrants as part of a 2018 immigration bill. “To hit me for taking the America First position I think is pretty strange,” DeSantis said. 

The Trump campaign responded that as a congressman, DeSantis voted for a bill that gave legal status to some undocumented minors as part of a package of tougher immigration restrictions, before opposing a similar plan. 

DeSantis also spoke with the Daily Wire's Ben Shapiro, slamming Trump on his approach to crime.

Well, he just came off the short list for VP or Cabinet. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

Billsandhorns
On 5/28/2023 at 1:43 PM, Fansince88 said:

Well, he just came off the short list for VP or Cabinet. 

I don't think that he could be VP anyway, unless one of them move out of Florida 

• Sad 1
  • Cheers 1

IDBillzFan
15 hours ago, Billsandhorns said:

I don't think that he could be VP anyway, unless one of them move out of Florida 

There's no way DeSantis would ever be Trump's vice president. It's one thing if you beat up your opponent in the primaries by yelling racism, like Kamala did to Joe. But Trump and his team are lost at this point.

Case in point: they're literally bashing DeSantis for originally "voting" for Trump's pick of Wray as FBI director, even though DeSantis wasn't in the Senate.

DeSantis is going to fight back on Trump, but he's smart enough to know when to just let Trump beat himself up with no effort from DeSantis. No one wants to play second fiddle to that level of self-adoration.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 2

18 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

There's no way DeSantis would ever be Trump's vice president. It's one thing if you beat up your opponent in the primaries by yelling racism, like Kamala did to Joe. But Trump and his team are lost at this point.

Case in point: they're literally bashing DeSantis for originally "voting" for Trump's pick of Wray as FBI director, even though DeSantis wasn't in the Senate.

DeSantis is going to fight back on Trump, but he's smart enough to know when to just let Trump beat himself up with no effort from DeSantis. No one wants to play second fiddle to that level of self-adoration.

when politicians lie about everything

the accuracy of the underlying facts doesn't really matter

Edited by Spartacus
  • Applause 2

FIRST IN PI — WITH BUDS LIKE THESE: One of Anheuser-Busch’s lobbyists in Tallahassee is also a major bundler for Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis’ presidential campaign, even as DeSantis and other conservatives hammer the company for featuring a transgender influencer in an social media campaign for one of its beers.

— During the “Ron-A-Rama” fundraising effort and donor summit at the Four Seasons Hotel in Miami during DeSantis’ launch last month, GOP lobbyist Slater Bayliss was at one point the third-largest bundler for the campaign with $242,600 raised, according to a photo from the event obtained by Daniel. Anheuser-Busch and its beer Bud Light have become the target of boycott efforts from some Republicans upset that the beer company partnered with transgender actress and social media personality Dylan Mulvaney.

— Bayliss, who was also a bundler for Jeb Bush’s 2016 campaign, is a partner at The Advocacy Partners where he has dozens of clients including Altria, AT&T, Duke Energy and JetBlue. DeSantis recently criticized Bud Light, saying in an interview with conservative personality Benny Johnson: “Why would you want to drink Bud Light? I mean, like honestly? That’s like them rubbing our faces in it. These companies that do this, if they never have any response, they’re just going to keep doing it.”

— Bayliss and a spokesperson for DeSantis’ campaign declined to comment but pointed to DeSantis on Brian Kilmeade‘s radio show today where he criticized Nikki Haley for attacking him for taking $50,000 from Disney. “How utterly bizarre. I mean, somebody does a campaign contribution and you’re supposed to lay down for them?” he said. “That’s not how I operate, people can support me or not support me. I call them as I see them and if you’ve supported me but you’re wrong, I’m gonna do what’s right.” Anheuser-Busch didn’t respond to a request for comment.

</snip>

REVEALED: DeSantis fundraiser is hosted by lobbyist for Moderna, company that makes puberty blockers, AND a sanctioned Chinese firm: Florida governor is accused of hypocrisy for $1,000-a-place DC event
● Lobbyist Marc Lampkin is one of the organizers of a DeSantis fundraiser
● Tickets to the event later this month, at his firm's DC offices, cost $1000 
● But Lampkin's portfolio includes companies that DeSantis has railed against 

</snip>

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 minutes ago, Ann said:

REVEALED: DeSantis fundraiser is hosted by lobbyist for Moderna, company that makes puberty blockers...

</snip>

No, Moderna makes drugs to treat endometriosis, female infertility, uterine fibroids, and breast cancer.  Those drugs are abused to block puberty in developing children.

Think about that next time you see anything to do with trans children.  Their parents are feeding them chemotherapy drugs to change their gender.

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
4 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

No, Moderna makes drugs to treat endometriosis, female infertility, uterine fibroids, and breast cancer.  Those drugs are abused to block puberty in developing children.

Think about that next time you see anything to do with trans children.  Their parents are feeding them chemotherapy drugs to change their gender.

More info: other puberty blockers: Leuprolide (injection), Histrelin implant, Cyproterone, Flutamide.  All used to treat advanced prostrate cancer.  Some (Histrelin, Flutamide) are used to treat early-onset puberty.  "Early onset" meaning in two year olds (i.e. a legitimate medical condition).

Giving chemotherapy drugs on an off-label basis to teenagers simply to keep them from developing secondary sex characteristics should be illegal in so many different ways.

• Applause 1
  • Cheers 3

8 hours ago, Ann said:

FIRST IN PI — WITH BUDS LIKE THESE: One of Anheuser-Busch’s lobbyists in Tallahassee is also a major bundler for Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis’ presidential campaign, even as DeSantis and other conservatives hammer the company for featuring a transgender influencer in an social media campaign for one of its beers.

— During the “Ron-A-Rama” fundraising effort and donor summit at the Four Seasons Hotel in Miami during DeSantis’ launch last month, GOP lobbyist Slater Bayliss was at one point the third-largest bundler for the campaign with $242,600 raised, according to a photo from the event obtained by Daniel. Anheuser-Busch and its beer Bud Light have become the target of boycott efforts from some Republicans upset that the beer company partnered with transgender actress and social media personality Dylan Mulvaney.

— Bayliss, who was also a bundler for Jeb Bush’s 2016 campaign, is a partner at The Advocacy Partners where he has dozens of clients including Altria, AT&T, Duke Energy and JetBlue. DeSantis recently criticized Bud Light, saying in an interview with conservative personality Benny Johnson: “Why would you want to drink Bud Light? I mean, like honestly? That’s like them rubbing our faces in it. These companies that do this, if they never have any response, they’re just going to keep doing it.”

— Bayliss and a spokesperson for DeSantis’ campaign declined to comment but pointed to DeSantis on Brian Kilmeade‘s radio show today where he criticized Nikki Haley for attacking him for taking $50,000 from Disney. “How utterly bizarre. I mean, somebody does a campaign contribution and you’re supposed to lay down for them?” he said. “That’s not how I operate, people can support me or not support me. I call them as I see them and if you’ve supported me but you’re wrong, I’m gonna do what’s right.” Anheuser-Busch didn’t respond to a request for comment.

</snip>

looks like Ron is considered a real threat

Jabba The Hutt
5 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

More info: other puberty blockers: Leuprolide (injection), Histrelin implant, Cyproterone, Flutamide.  All used to treat advanced prostrate cancer.  Some (Histrelin, Flutamide) are used to treat early-onset puberty.  "Early onset" meaning in two year olds (i.e. a legitimate medical condition).

Giving chemotherapy drugs on an off-label basis to teenagers simply to keep them from developing secondary sex characteristics should be illegal in so many different ways.

Careful, You're on the verge of doing too great a job of disguising your shilling...quick, give at least a backhanded complement to Pfizer to bring yourself back from the edge!!:spy:

7 hours ago, Jabba The Hutt said:

Careful, You're on the verge of doing too great a job of disguising your shilling...quick, give at least a backhanded complement to Pfizer to bring yourself back from the edge!!:spy:

it's not jab related

so he's in the clear

• clown 2
  • Haha 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
13 hours ago, Jabba The Hutt said:

It's a major pet peeve, off-label abuse of drugs not for their primary effect, but for the side effects they cause.  Like the current use of Ozempic - a diabetes II drug - used for weight loss in non-diabetics.

But "puberty blockers" might be the most infuriating I've ever seen.  "Hey, let's give chemotherapy to pre-pubescent pre-teens to suppress secondary sex characteristics!" 

For no reason other than to bring gender morphology in line with traditional gender roles.  How utterly &#%$ed is that?  "My little Christine is a tomboy who wants to play Pop Warner football.  She must be a boy.  Let's give her chemo so she doesn't grow breasts."  :facepalm: :classic_angry:

• Like 2
  • Applause 3

5 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

It's a major pet peeve, off-label abuse of drugs not for their primary effect, but for the side effects they cause.

Your point is understood. Some are, however, useful. Men all over the world abuse Sildenafil. Women are probably, to a lesser degree, happy too.

Jabba The Hutt
17 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

It's a major pet peeve, off-label abuse of drugs not for their primary effect, but for the side effects they cause.  Like the current use of Ozempic - a diabetes II drug - used for weight loss in non-diabetics.

But "puberty blockers" might be the most infuriating I've ever seen.  "Hey, let's give chemotherapy to pre-pubescent pre-teens to suppress secondary sex characteristics!" 

For no reason other than to bring gender morphology in line with traditional gender roles.  How utterly &#%$ed is that?  "My little Christine is a tomboy who wants to play Pop Warner football.  She must be a boy.  Let's give her chemo so she doesn't grow breasts."  :facepalm: :classic_angry:

Well, at least when they give them breast cancer they can hit them with more chemo AND radiation AND cut their man boobs off! It's like a grand slam...

• Wow 1

4merper4mer
13 hours ago, Foxx said:

Your point is understood. Some are, however, useful. Men all over the world abuse Sildenafil. Women are probably, to a lesser degree, happy too.

Way lesser in a lot of cases.

seems someone hacked his neo-con talking points

Ron DeSantis: I’ll purge FBI on day one of my presidency (msn.com)

Ron DeSantis has promised to fire the FBI’s director and reduce the agency’s footprint in Washington by “at least 50 per cent” on “day one” of his presidency if he wins the White House in 2024.

The Florida governor has reportedly been working for months on a plan to gut and then drastically reform the US Department of Justice (DoJ) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI).

Mr DeSantis said there was a “politicised culture” that had developed within the headquarters of law enforcement agencies in the US capital which was “totally toxic to the rule of law”.

Joy Pullmann, the executive editor of The Federalist, said: “Any Republicans who think the security state wouldn’t frame others the same way it has Trump are in denial about the evidence repeatedly stampeded across their eyeballs for seven years.”

• Like 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 hours ago, Spartacus said:

seems someone hacked his neo-con talking points

Ron DeSantis: I’ll purge FBI on day one of my presidency (msn.com)

Ron DeSantis has promised to fire the FBI’s director and reduce the agency’s footprint in Washington by “at least 50 per cent” on “day one” of his presidency if he wins the White House in 2024.

The Florida governor has reportedly been working for months on a plan to gut and then drastically reform the US Department of Justice (DoJ) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI).

Mr DeSantis said there was a “politicised culture” that had developed within the headquarters of law enforcement agencies in the US capital which was “totally toxic to the rule of law”.

Joy Pullmann, the executive editor of The Federalist, said: “Any Republicans who think the security state wouldn’t frame others the same way it has Trump are in denial about the evidence repeatedly stampeded across their eyeballs for seven years.”

Forget "security state."  The bureaucracy itself, security or otherwise, won't let itself be dismantled.  

You'll see evidence of that yourself in about four months, with the restrictions the debt ceiling bill put on some departments.

• 3 weeks later...
IDBillzFan

Absolutely the best ad I've seen in a long time. Hits the right notes. Speaks for those afraid to speak in public.

• FANtastic 3

• 4 weeks later...

They could have worked there before? Been highly qualified?

Scoop: DeSantis' state-funded office hires ousted campaign aides

Ron DeSantis' gubernatorial office recently hired three people who'd been laid off by the campaign, according to three sources familiar with the situation.

Why it matters: The Florida governor is leaning on his taxpayer-funded office to keep select aides in his orbit as the campaign goes through a cash shortfall that led it to dump one-third of its staff in July. 

The intrigue: DeSantis campaign manager Generra Peck told roughly three dozen campaign staffers during a meeting last month at the Tallahassee campaign HQ that they'd be let go. DeSantis' chief of staff from the governor's office, James Uthmeier, then appeared and urged them to apply for jobs in his office, two people familiar with the meeting said.

• The governor's office followed up with an email the next day, again encouraging people to apply, a person familiar with the email told Axios. 
  • Uthmeier declined to comment. The governor's office and the campaign didn't respond to requests for comment.

Driving the news: DeSantis' state-funded office has hired three people who were let go by the campaign.

• They include conservative influencer Will Chamberlain, who has been hired by the governor's office along with two other former campaign workers — digital aide Jordan Chamberlain, who is Will's wife, and another communications aide. 

The big picture: The staffing shifts by the campaign and DeSantis' state office are the latest instance of the governor's publicly funded office blurring lines with his campaign operation.

</snip>