Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Ron Desantis - the Great Satan

Spartacus

Crap Throwing Clavin
13 minutes ago, Ann said:

The big picture: The staffing shifts by the campaign and DeSantis' state office are the latest instance of the governor's publicly funded office blurring lines with his campaign operation.

</snip>

In the meantime, Biden orders the entire federal government to actively engage in minority voting registration.

• Like 3

Alaska Darin

If you haven't read into why DeSantis fired this scum bag, here's the thread for you.  She should be tarred/feathered.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

5 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

If you haven't read into why DeSantis fired this scum bag, here's the thread for you.  She should be tarred/feathered.

Such a shitshow. Can't wait to see all the Soros punks he puts on the street if he ever makes it to the WH.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

• 2 weeks later...

What his response reveals is that he is a conservative. He thinks that the only principled position is to be a “conservative”.

He views MAGA and America First as something other. Something fundamentally unprincipled. Just a cult of personality.

He doesn’t understand. So he loses.

• Like 1

On 8/19/2023 at 9:52 PM, Ann said:

What his response reveals is that he is a conservative. He thinks that the only principled position is to be a “conservative”.

He views MAGA and America First as something other. Something fundamentally unprincipled. Just a cult of personality.

He doesn’t understand. So he loses.

There's no way you watched that video. You're just posting tweets that wasn't to make headlines.

2 minutes ago, Joe Miner said:

There's no way you watched that video. You're just posting tweets that wasn't to make headlines.

Of course I watched it.  I also agree with some of what he said (MAGA is more than Trump), and disagree with a whole lot of the rest. Click for the comments.  He did himself no favors. 

11 minutes ago, Ann said:

Of course I watched it.  I also agree with some of what he said (MAGA is more than Trump), and disagree with a whole lot of the rest. Click for the comments.  He did himself no favors. 

You are literally the type of person he's talking about that believes unless he kisses Trump's ass he's a rino.

• Facepalm 1

5 hours ago, Ann said:

I'm curious what part you disagreed with. He specifically called out a strand of people in the party who will call any Republican who disagrees with Trump a RINO. This is undeniably true. It is also true that it does not apply to all Trump supporters, myself included. This feels a lot like the Sammy Watkins "little jobs" situation. The only people who are upset are likely the ones he's talking about.

It's an entirely different point as to whether it was smart for him to make that quip about such a rabid base. I just wish Trump and DeSantis would hug it out and get together... and not in the way @Jabba The Hutt would mean. 

Edited by LB3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, LB3 said:

I'm curious what part you disagreed with. He specifically called out a strand of people in the party who will call any Republican who disagrees with Trump a RINO. This is undeniably true. It is also true that it does not apply to all Trump supporters, myself included. This feels a lot like the Sammy Watkins "little jobs" situation. The only people who are upset are likely the ones he's talking about.

It's an entirely different point as to whether it was smart for him to make that quip about such a rabid base. I just wish Trump and DeSantis would hug it out and get together... and not in the way @Jabba The Hutt would mean. 

Controlled by Bushes and Cheney - his staff has former Bushies on it. The big money is supporting him, the base is not.

How many establishment Republicans would:

ban transgender surgery for minors? That would be 22 states. Florida was not the first, they were 10th 
critical race theory - Trump had Executive Order 13950 of September 22, 2020
sending illegal aliens north - Texas Gov. Greg Abbott (R) and Arizona Gov. Doug Ducey (R) led the charge, sending migrants north as early as April of 2022 (DeSantis started in September 2022)
constitutional carry - Florida became the 27th state to have constitutional carry (you can still get a license which is reciprocal with a ton of states)

Turns out a lot of Republican governors, 'establishment' or 'conservative', would do what Ron DeSantis did in Florida. 

MAGA is more than Trump, however Trump is the torch carrier. Why vote for an imitation? 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Ann said:

Controlled by Bushes and Cheney - his staff has former Bushies on it. The big money is supporting him, the base is not.

ban transgender surgery for minors? That would be 22 states. Florida was not the first, they were 10th 
sending illegal aliens north - Texas Gov. Greg Abbott (R) and Arizona Gov. Doug Ducey (R) led the charge, sending migrants north as early as April of 2022 (DeSantis started in September 2022)
constitutional carry - Florida became the 27th state to have constitutional carry (you can still get a license which is reciprocal with a ton of states)

Turns out a lot of Republican governors, 'establishment' or 'conservative', would do what Ron DeSantis did in Florida. 

MAGA is more than Trump, however Trump is the torch carrier. Why vote for an imitation? 

if DeSantis is the neo-con golden child, how are the neo-cons allowing him to run out of money and gut his staff?

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/07/25/desantis-lets-go-of-more-than-1-3-of-campaign-staff-as-reset-continues-00108046

DeSantis lets go of more than a third of campaign staff as reset continues.

The expanded cuts are the latest sign that the Florida governor’s team is pivoting to a slim-down operation amid concerns over their finances. 

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/aug/17/ron-desantis-republican-debate-memos-presidential-campaign

“There are four basic must-dos,” one memo advised:

1. Attack Joe Biden and the media 3-5 times.

2. State [DeSantis’s] positive vision 2-3 times.

3. Hammer Vivek Ramaswamy in a response.

4. Defend Donald Trump in absentia in response to a Chris Christie attack.

I don’t think we want to join forces with someone on this stage [Christie] who’s auditioning for a show on MSNBC” – a left-leaning TV network.

• I don't know 1

2 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

if DeSantis is the neo-con golden child, how are the neo-cons allowing him to run out of money and gut his staff?

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/07/25/desantis-lets-go-of-more-than-1-3-of-campaign-staff-as-reset-continues-00108046

DeSantis lets go of more than a third of campaign staff as reset continues.

The expanded cuts are the latest sign that the Florida governor’s team is pivoting to a slim-down operation amid concerns over their finances. 

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/aug/17/ron-desantis-republican-debate-memos-presidential-campaign

“There are four basic must-dos,” one memo advised:

1. Attack Joe Biden and the media 3-5 times.

2. State [DeSantis’s] positive vision 2-3 times.

3. Hammer Vivek Ramaswamy in a response.

4. Defend Donald Trump in absentia in response to a Chris Christie attack.

I don’t think we want to join forces with someone on this stage [Christie] who’s auditioning for a show on MSNBC” – a left-leaning TV network.

Some money people have pulled out. I have NO idea where they went, or if they went to someone else. This reminds me of Jeb... all that money for the base to reject the candidate.  

1 hour ago, Ann said:

Two things. Firstly, no candidate or person in general will take kindly to the thought that they're owned. Secondly, Trump had an administration full of Bushies.

https://apnews.com/article/870954ac84824d42a4d1b5be2faf5cef

1 hour ago, Ann said:

What do you disagree with? He's a politician running for election. He didn't say he was the only one. He said "how many would". People running for election bluster. Trump himself was the best at it. He was the greatest blusterer that ever  blustered. I'm sure he'd agree. 😄

1 hour ago, Ann said:

DeSantis essentially did it by himself. He rammed it through by appointing a board to do it. I generally don't like executive orders over legislation but he still did it.

1 hour ago, Ann said:

Trump did that. Education is a state responsibility, which has been DeSantis' main focus. But yeah, he's against woke bullshit in general.

1 hour ago, Ann said:

He joined in on a good idea. After the two states who were right on the border. I don't see how this is a criticism.

1 hour ago, Ann said:

Been governor since 2019. Got it done in a purple state no less.

1 hour ago, Ann said:

That's good. I'm glad he asked how many. 

1 hour ago, Ann said:

MAGA is more than Trump, however Trump is the torch carrier.

MAGA certainly seems to be Trump or bust. They've aligned themselves pretty heavily with the MSM and the likes of The Lincoln Project to shit on a Governor that's done a lot of good things.

1 hour ago, Ann said:

Why vote for an imitation? 

Honestly, he lost in 2020 to a houseplant. Putting aside the fact that there was obvious shenanigans, why should I believe a much older Trump can win this time? He's facing more bullshit indictments. He's still the same @$$h@l& carnival barker he always was. I think he is hilarious and was a really good President, but he lost to President Houseplant because so many politically center people think he's an @$$h@l&.

I think Trump was what the country needed. He is not anymore. I'll vote for him if he's the nominee and I'll expect good things if he's elected, I just don't see it happening. The worst part is that he's turned his rabid base on one of the only guys who could have beat the cheating left.

You seemingly don't like DeSantis. He was leading from the front on Covid, that's for sure. He's been a leader for sanity on many social issues. What has he done, as Governor, that you disagree with from a policy perspective?

Edited by LB3
  • Wow 1

9 minutes ago, LB3 said:

Two things. Firstly, no candidate or person in general will take kindly to the thought that they're owned. Secondly, Trump had an administration full of Bushies.

And it is extremely doubtful he will have one if reelected.  ALL Republican candidates should know better. The Republican party would be better off if the Bush-contingent became Democrats now that they have been outed. 

11 minutes ago, LB3 said:

What do you disagree with? He's a politician running for election. He didn't say he was the only one. He said "how many would". People running for election bluster. Trump himself was the best at it. He was the greatest blusterer that ever  blustered. I'm sure he'd agree. 😄

You asked what I disagreed with in that 2 minute clip. I listed my disagreements.  He wasn't a leader for any of those causes.

13 minutes ago, LB3 said:

Been governor since 2019. Got it done in a purple state no less.

The best thing DeSantis did while governor was get rid of the cheater in Broward county while cleaning the voter rolls. ALL Republican governors should do the same (Ohio did, same result). 

14 minutes ago, LB3 said:

Honestly, he lost in 2020 to a houseplant. Putting aside the fact that there was obvious shenanigans, why should I believe a much older Trump can win this time? He's facing more bullshit indictments. He's still the same @$$h@l& carnival barker he always was. I think he is hilarious and was a really good President, but he lost to President Houseplant because so many politically center people think he's an @$$h@l&.

You think he lost? :classic_dry:

I don't think any Republican will win in 2024 with cheating not being addressed. That is why I am unhappy with DeSantis running this round. He should have waited for 2028, and spent some time getting voter rolls cleaned up (although when 105% of a precinct votes, and no judge will hear it, I am not sure what anyone can do).

His campaign reminds me of Scott Walker... great governor, terrible candidate. 

So, Trump is a carnival barker who was a great President? :facepalm:  Well, I guess I'd take a carnival barker, $2 gas, low inflation, and  no wars.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ann said:

And it is extremely doubtful he will have one if reelected.  ALL Republican candidates should know better. The Republican party would be better off if the Bush-contingent became Democrats now that they have been outed.

This doesn't absolve him of your Bushie criticism of DeSantis.

1 minute ago, Ann said:

You asked what I disagreed with in that 2 minute clip. I listed my disagreements.  He wasn't a leader for any of those causes.

You didn't really disagree with anything. You just didn't like how he framed it. He didn't say anything you could disagree with unless you disagree with the things he did. 

4 minutes ago, Ann said:

You think he lost? :classic_dry:

I said it was shenanigans. He's not in the White House, is he?

4 minutes ago, Ann said:

I don't think any Republican will win in 2024 with cheating not being addressed. That is why I am unhappy with DeSantis running this round. He should have waited for 2028, and spent some time getting voter rolls cleaned up (although when 105% of a precinct votes, and no judge will hear it, I am not sure what anyone can do).

His campaign reminds me of Scott Walker... great governor, terrible candidate. 

So, Trump is a carnival barker who was a great President? :facepalm:  Well, I guess I'd take a carnival barker, $2 gas, low inflation, and  no wars.

Yes. He was great for the country. Two things can be true. You're telling me The Apprentice guy wasn't? Lol

1 minute ago, LB3 said:

This doesn't absolve him of your Bushie criticism of DeSantis.

Of course it does. DeSantis should now know better. 

2 minutes ago, LB3 said:

You didn't really disagree with anything. You just didn't like how he framed it. He didn't say anything you could disagree with unless you disagree with the things he did. 

WTF!? I disagreed with what he said because he was NOT a leader doing it. He was a follower. 

Jabba The Hutt
6 hours ago, LB3 said:

3 hours ago, Ann said:

I think me and Ann know DeSantis best...Best governor you could ask for...

I went to bat for him and he seems to be taking that bat to Trump's kneecap...and that I simply cannot abide! 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Jabba The Hutt said:

I think me and Ann know DeSantis best...Best governor you could ask for...

I went to bat for him and he seems to be taking that bat to Trump's kneecap...and that I simply cannot abide! 

You're right. He definitely went after Trump first. 😉

Jabba The Hutt
6 minutes ago, LB3 said:

You're right. He definitely went after Trump first. 😉

LOL... it definitely pained me to see Trump getting in DeSantis' ass but he may know something I do not... Looks like he wanted him to expose himself worse than Biden at a preschool recess in an ice cream truck:punchballs:

Edited by Jabba The Hutt

48 minutes ago, Ann said:

Of course it does. DeSantis should now know better.

So Trump continually promoted the wrong people and it's DeSantis' fault for hiring people in the same universe. Got it.

48 minutes ago, Ann said:

WTF!? I disagreed with what he said because he was NOT a leader doing it. He was a follower. 

How was he not a leader? He was leading his state pretty well. He led it better than most governors. Isn't that why you moved there? Is taking after good examples a bad thing? Why did Trump follow Fauci instead of leading against the Covid insanity?