Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

22/23 Buffalo Sabres Season

B-Man

9 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

Shades of RJ Umberger

Funny you mention Umberger.  Said that guy got Umbergered watching it in real time.

Not many people have distinction of having their name become a verb.  (Expect he'd prefer it not have become one.  Ouch.)

On 10/19/2022 at 7:55 AM, Alaska Darin said:

When Peterka received that pass, I wondered where the heck he came from?

The puck was deep in the Sabres' zone and Peterka received the pass from Hinostroza as though he'd been cherry picking on the Oilers' blue line the whole time.  There's no way he could have raced up ice before the puck got moved out, and he wasn't coming out of the penalty box.  I suppose he could have come off the bench on a shift change and hung out in the neutral zone.

They may have shown how he got to be there in the second intermission, but I missed it if they did.

5 hours ago, snafu said:

When Peterka received that pass, I wondered where the heck he came from?

The puck was deep in the Sabres' zone and Peterka received the pass from Hinostroza as though he'd been cherry picking on the Oilers' blue line the whole time.  There's no way he could have raced up ice before the puck got moved out, and he wasn't coming out of the penalty box.  I suppose he could have come off the bench on a shift change and hung out in the neutral zone.

They may have shown how he got to be there in the second intermission, but I missed it if they did.

Looks can be deceiving.  The play was a counter off a rush from inside the Eulers zone.  Peterka was the deepest forechecker before Edmonton rushed up ice.  

It may have seemed like the puck was deep in the Sabres zone, but the deepest it had been before Draisaitl turned it over to Hinostroza was pretty much where Draisaitl turned it over.  

Expect that as soon as Peterka saw the turnover he immediately turned back up ice.

• Cheers 1

Pilut was recalled today.  Presumably because of the injury Jokiharju suffered last night.  Jokiharju caught a puck fired by Okposo right in the school.

Not sure if it was a broken bone(s), concussion, or both.  But with both him & Lyubushkin nursing injuries, they were down to 5 healthy D.  If Lyubushkin can play tomorrow night in Vancouver, will be interesting to see whether Fitzgerald or Pilut sits.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

I have to admit, I'm very curious as to how much impact GMBB has has on Kevyn Adams and how he selects players because we're hearing very similar things coming from people surrounding the Sabres that we heard early on in the BILLS' rebuild.

“I was a little nervous last December because personally, I just didn't want to see him go down with an injury and that's how it ends,” said Nicholle (Anderson). “I mean, I never really said that to him, but I was kind of nervous. But then when he bounced back and I saw the chemistry with the players, I knew it was something special. ... We've been on many teams, but this is a very special group."

• Like 1

It generally takes defensemen a few seasons to become what they are.  Likely even longer when Ralph Krueger is your coach.  Dahlin has taken a giant leap this past offseason and looks like a "Top 5 in the NHL" guy now.

• Like 2

Is it just me or does it seem like a team has to go practically undefeated to have a “good record” in the NHL?  It’s like every team is 4-1.

• Haha 2