Round 5: #160        
    Round 5: #163        
    Round 6: #204        
    Round 7: #221        

Frazier To Take A Year Off

IDBillzFan

46 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

This 100% makes sense.

You think it is true? How would he know? Even if he heard it from Frazier, it would be Frazier’s take. 

• I don't know 1
  • Wow 1

Alaska Darin
32 minutes ago, Ann said:

You think it is true? How would he know? Even if he heard it from Frazier, it would be Frazier’s take. 

No one is ever going to convince me that Leslie Frazier walked away from a coaching job with no other option on the table, especially when his constantly stated goal is to be an NFL HC.  Not having an NFL job this season certainly doesn't make getting a HC job next year more likely.  Additionally, taking away the defensive calls wouldn't be a good look to prospective employers, so Frazier likely asked to be released.  The BILLS softened the blow with the whole "Taking a year off" thing because it's a quality organization.

• Like 2
  • Wow 1
  • Haha 2
  • Cheers 2

Nouseforaname
3 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

This 100% makes sense.

I was not aware that mcd took over playcalling for those 13 seconds.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

I was not aware that mcd took over playcalling for those 13 seconds.

That makes zero sense to me

• Like 4

Alaska Darin
1 minute ago, Sig1Hunter said:

That makes zero sense to me

It doesn't to me, either.  It's pretty contradictory to McDermott wanting to take over the defensive play calling (which is the part I believe and why LF decided to "take a year off").

• Like 3
  • Wow 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, Alaska Darin said:

It doesn't to me, either.  It's pretty contradictory to McDermott wanting to take over the defensive play calling (which is the part I believe and why LF decided to "take a year off").

Ultimately, I always come back to: they hired two assistants and two QC coaches to "help" him.

If my company is hiring two assistants to help me do my job, and two more assistants to ensure I do it properly, I'm probably thinking "Maybe it's time to take a year off" too.  

• Like 3

• 4 months later...
On 6/16/2023 at 7:14 PM, Spartacus said:

He did not.

I don't know if he did or did not, but in that situation, wouldn't you think a HC would quickly confer with his DC on the strategy?

Same with the end of game disaster Monday night.  What else is HC doing during those 2 kneel downs other than ensuring his ST coach is set on the pending FG attempt?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

I don't know if he did or did not, but in that situation, wouldn't you think a HC would quickly confer with his DC on the strategy?

Same with the end of game disaster Monday night.  What else is HC doing during those 2 kneel downs other than ensuring his ST coach is set on the pending FG attempt?

well, if they wanted to change guys to go for the block, they had 2 timeouts to do it prior to what happened.

you are right, what is McD doing other than planning defense of a some kneel downs to kill the clock before the kick

Crap Throwing Clavin
25 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Or with his ST coach and squad on not kicking a returnable ball.

26 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

That's what the HC should be doing.  But what is the DC supposed to be doing?

That's the problem with double-hatting.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Or with his ST coach and squad on not kicking a returnable ball.

That's what the HC should be doing.  But what is the DC supposed to be doing?

That's the problem with double-hatting.

The DC should be getting his defense off the field during the 2 timeouts preceding the cluster fck.

He could check with the HC side of his brain to confirm it.

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, Spartacus said:

The DC should be getting his defense off the field during the 2 timeouts preceding the cluster fck.

He could check with the HC side of his brain to confirm it.

Yeah, that's how brains work.  Independent hemispheres.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Yeah, that's how brains work.  Independent hemispheres.

9 hours ago, Uncle Joe said:

Well, for some...
Review: M. Night Shyamalan's 'Split ...

Whales do have independent brain hemispheres. When they sleep, one half of their brain stays awake, otherwise they’d drown. 

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
8 hours ago, Nanker said:

Whales do have independent brain hemispheres. When they sleep, one half of their brain stays awake, otherwise they’d drown. 

Whales don't tend to coach NFL teams.  And when they do, they tend to not succeed.  Rex Ryan excepted.

23 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Whales don't tend to coach NFL teams.  And when they do, they tend to not succeed.  Rex Ryan excepted.

Of course, but would they wear headphone if they were coaching on the sideline? THAT’S the question. 

• 2 months later...