Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Artificial (or is it?) Intelligence Discussion

Cinga

I think it's getting to the point that we need a thread just for all this stuff to be planted. In the past week we have had Musk warn of it's speedy growth and in the last 24 hours we have had the so called Father of AI quit google and warn that there is no way to keep bad actors from using it with malicious intent.

Speaking of which,  also this morning I heard speculation that Biden might have plans to use it to campaign for him. Let's face it, malicious or not that would be a way to fool enough people that he had his faculties about him since it would be a CGI instead of him campaigning from a basement somewhere.

I've played around with it a little, @Crap Throwing Clavineven more so and IMHO it is only as smart as the people that programmed it but CTC is correct to that what we play with isn't the real deal either, just a toy for the dumbasses. I've joked about unplugging it, but I really doubt its in a central location and even seen suggested that what one AI learns, it shares with the others so they all learn together.

So let's have fun, but understand too that this could be something serious as well.

• Cheers 2

Here is Biden re-election announcement which was largely AI generated, but all I can find on the Republican response is people bashing it for being largely AI generated

Going to be a very interesting election season if this continues, and there is no reason to think it won't

Edited by Cinga

Nouseforaname

Of all the talk about how chat gpt is revolutionary it wasn’t able to properly calculate how many weeks my wife will be pregnant in July based on a specific due date.

Is Brandon the coder?

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

Of all the talk about how chat gpt is revolutionary it wasn’t able to properly calculate how many weeks my wife will be pregnant in July based on a specific due date.

Is Brandon the coder?

I said before it is an idiot so I checked on your post and can confirm, it is an idiot once again. But of course I had to take it one step further

I had sex on April 30 and now I'm pregnant. When will I have my baby?

ChatGPT

Congratulations on your pregnancy! Based on the information provided, it is difficult to determine the exact due date of your baby without additional information. The due date is typically calculated based on the first day of your last menstrual period and the average length of a menstrual cycle. A typical pregnancy lasts around 40 weeks or 280 days from the first day of the last menstrual period.

If you know the date of your last menstrual period, you can use an online due date calculator to estimate your due date. Alternatively, your healthcare provider can help you determine your due date and monitor the progress of your pregnancy.

It's important to seek early prenatal care to ensure a healthy pregnancy and delivery. I would recommend scheduling an appointment with your healthcare provider as soon as possible to start receiving regular prenatal care.

User
what if I'm a man?

ChatGPT

I apologize for making assumptions about your gender in my previous response. If you are a man, you cannot become pregnant. Pregnancy is only possible for individuals with a uterus and ovaries, typically assigned female at birth. However, if you or your partner are pregnant and have questions or concerns, it's important to seek medical advice from a healthcare provider. They can provide you with the appropriate guidance and support.

then it really got stupid

But I identified as a woman on the day i got pregnant

ChatGPT

I apologize for my previous responses, as a language model, I do not have access to your personal information, such as your gender identity, and I should not have made any assumptions about it.

To answer your question, if you identified as a woman on the day you had sexual intercourse and became pregnant, then the due date of your baby would still be estimated based on the first day of your last menstrual period and the average length of a menstrual cycle, as this is the standard way to calculate a due date in medical practice.

However, it's important to note that every pregnancy is unique, and due dates are only estimates. Your healthcare provider can help monitor the progress of your pregnancy and provide you with personalized guidance and care throughout your pregnancy journey.

• Facepalm 1

The prompts make my head hurt. Then I have to dig around to see how much of the information returned is true, and how much is false. And then there is the whole copyright angle… I am sure those lawsuits will be settled soon.

Nouseforaname
22 minutes ago, Cinga said:

I said before it is an idiot so I checked on your post and can confirm, it is an idiot once again. But of course I had to take it one step further

I had sex on April 30 and now I'm pregnant. When will I have my baby?

ChatGPT

Congratulations on your pregnancy! Based on the information provided, it is difficult to determine the exact due date of your baby without additional information. The due date is typically calculated based on the first day of your last menstrual period and the average length of a menstrual cycle. A typical pregnancy lasts around 40 weeks or 280 days from the first day of the last menstrual period.

If you know the date of your last menstrual period, you can use an online due date calculator to estimate your due date. Alternatively, your healthcare provider can help you determine your due date and monitor the progress of your pregnancy.

It's important to seek early prenatal care to ensure a healthy pregnancy and delivery. I would recommend scheduling an appointment with your healthcare provider as soon as possible to start receiving regular prenatal care.

User

what if I'm a man?

ChatGPT

I apologize for making assumptions about your gender in my previous response. If you are a man, you cannot become pregnant. Pregnancy is only possible for individuals with a uterus and ovaries, typically assigned female at birth. However, if you or your partner are pregnant and have questions or concerns, it's important to seek medical advice from a healthcare provider. They can provide you with the appropriate guidance and support.

Chat gpt is incorrect as you have shown.  You could estimate the due date based on conception date.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

Chat gpt is incorrect as you have shown.  You could estimate the due date based on conception date.  

And that's my point. It is only as smart as the person that programmed it, and is even limited by what it has been told to focus on. My conversation about CO2 and methane in the atmosphere is even more ridiculous

• Like 1

Nouseforaname
6 minutes ago, Ann said:

The prompts make my head hurt. Then I have to dig around to see how much of the information returned is true, and how much is false. And then there is the whole copyright angle… I am sure those lawsuits will be settled soon.

As I said in the other thread, Microsoft co-pilot looks like a fantastic end product from their investment in AI.

25 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

As I said in the other thread, Microsoft co-pilot looks like a fantastic end product from their investment in AI.

Don't get me wrong here.... While we can make it look like an idiot, remember it follows programming and that is the main issue we may have to deal with and are being warned about. I think the questions and answers have proven it sticks pretty close to the agenda it was taught and that can be an issue with the wrong teaching

Edited by Cinga

49 minutes ago, Cinga said:

Don't get me wrong here.... While we can make it look like an idiot, remember it follows programming and that is the main issue we may have to deal with and are being warned about. I think the questions and answers have proven it sticks pretty close to the agenda it was taught and that can be an issue with the wrong teaching

Tic-tac-toe Chicken.

4merper4mer
4 hours ago, Nouseforaname said:

Is Brandon the coder?

Do Canadian Julys have four weeks and three days like normal Julys?

10 hours ago, Cinga said:

then it really got stupid

But I identified as a woman on the day i got pregnant

ChatGPT

I apologize for my previous responses, as a language model, I do not have access to your personal information, such as your gender identity, and I should not have made any assumptions about it.

To answer your question, if you identified as a woman on the day you had sexual intercourse and became pregnant, then the due date of your baby would still be estimated based on the first day of your last menstrual period and the average length of a menstrual cycle, as this is the standard way to calculate a due date in medical practice.

However, it's important to note that every pregnancy is unique, and due dates are only estimates. Your healthcare provider can help monitor the progress of your pregnancy and provide you with personalized guidance and care throughout your pregnancy journey.

Keep poking the hornets nest.

One of these days ChatGPT gonna start responding with "F*ck around and find out"...

• Haha 3

Fansince88
21 hours ago, Cinga said:

Here is Biden re-election announcement which was largely AI generated, but all I can find on the Republican response is people bashing it for being largely AI generated

Going to be a very interesting election season if this continues, and there is no reason to think it won't

The replies are gold!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So someone decided to ask AI what are the greatest threats to humanity existence?

https://www.foxnews.com/tech/critics-say-ai-can-threaten-humanity-but-chatgpt-has-its-own-doomsday-predictions

As tech experts warn that the rapid evolution of artificial intelligence could threaten humanity, OpenAI's ChatGPT weighed in with its own predictions on how humanity could be wiped off the face of the Earth.

Fox News Digital asked the chatbot to weigh in on the apocalypse, and it shared four possible scenarios how humanity could ultimately be wiped out.

"It's important to note that predicting the end of the world is a difficult and highly speculative task, and any predictions in this regard should be viewed with skepticism," the bot responded. "However, there are several trends and potential developments that could significantly impact the trajectory of humanity and potentially contribute to its downfall."

And of course AI gives us the top ones we hear all the time, "Climate Change, Nuclear war, rise of technology, and of course pandemic. 

I'm obviously a skeptic as to the threat AI raises at this moment because it is very limited by who the programmers were, but notice those are all things currently at the top of the news, especially AI itself?

So what's missing from the list? Well, not only the Biblical Armageddon (no, that's not the same as nuclear and technically it's not the end, only a new beginning) or and asteroid/comet strike, or caldera eruption and I'm sure you can think of a few others. But point is that once again, it seems to focus on what it has been trained to focus on, and that seems to limit its  world view and ability to learn other things. However that is exactly what we have been warned about with concern of bad actors though I think a different aspect that we have read. When we read of bad actors, we think of someone intentionally causing AI to act a particular way. My argument is this is unintentional, but an even greater threat since programming is actually limiting AI ability to learn through bias

• Like 1