Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Artificial (or is it?) Intelligence Discussion

Cinga

Crap Throwing Clavin
11 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

That's one of those "Wish I'd thought of that" tricks.  

I'd be far less worried about this in my own house - AI isn't getting a receiver planted in my house that allows this - than I would in public.  Think about this the next time you go into a Starbucks, McD's, or anyplace else with free WiFi.  And DC has free city-wide public WiFi...the implications of this to that are interesting...

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

Deranged Rhino
41 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

That's one of those "Wish I'd thought of that" tricks.  

I'd be far less worried about this in my own house - AI isn't getting a receiver planted in my house that allows this - than I would in public.  Think about this the next time you go into a Starbucks, McD's, or anyplace else with free WiFi.  And DC has free city-wide public WiFi...the implications of this to that are interesting...

My thought was more that the IC (not just ours) has likely been using this for a decade if not more already. Why wouldn’t they? 

Edited by Deranged Rhino

Crap Throwing Clavin
6 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

My thought was more that the IC (not just ours) has likely been using this for a decade if not more already. Why wouldn’t they? 

Where and how would they?  You'd need a location with 2.4GHz radiation and a receiver that can track reflections off objects (which is much more than just a router - you need directionality and resolution.)  To...tell you were people are within a limited boundary?  Give me an intelligence use for this, and I can probably find an easier way to do it (in most cases, that would simply be "Just hack the WiFi.")

In a public setting, though...this has interesting possibilities.  That's why I mentioned DC.  Imagine the crowd tracking possibilities with broadband WiFi acting as some sort of radar.  

• Like 2

Deranged Rhino
56 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Where and how would they?  You'd need a location with 2.4GHz radiation and a receiver that can track reflections off objects (which is much more than just a router - you need directionality and resolution.)  To...tell you were people are within a limited boundary?  Give me an intelligence use for this, and I can probably find an easier way to do it (in most cases, that would simply be "Just hack the WiFi.")

In a public setting, though...this has interesting possibilities.  That's why I mentioned DC.  Imagine the crowd tracking possibilities with broadband WiFi acting as some sort of radar.  

I'm guessing like a producer trying to talk about what causes turbulence but: HVT snatch and grab renditions (or straight surveillance/pattern of life building) in populated urban environments where you can't get close enough to use the Israeli "see through walls" tech that's all the rage. Or areas you can't have a drone or other eyes in the sky loitering overhead without tipping off your adversaries (or allies). 

Maybe satellites could do this - who knows how good things have gotten over the past two decades, I imagine quite a bit - but if Patriot Games taught me anything, retasking those birds is expensive and not easily done without alerting multiple people in the CoC, so depending on how black the operation is that might not be a viable option. 

• Like 1

Biden Administration Aims to Make AI Technology Woke, Warns Watchdog

The Biden administration is pushing to transform artificial intelligence (AI) to promote a woke agenda led by left-wing activists and censor conservatives, warned a conservative watchdog group.

The American Accountability Foundation (AAF) reviewed the White House’s plans for AI and posted a warning on Twitter that top government officials are seeking to infuse “dangerous ideologies” into AI systems.

AAF president Tom Jones told Fox News Digital that “under the guise of fighting ‘algorithmic discrimination’ and ‘harmful bias,’ the Biden administration is trying to rig AI to follow the woke left’s rules.”

</snip>

Fansince88
On 7/2/2023 at 1:52 PM, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Or just use the camera on the tv?

Crap Throwing Clavin
18 hours ago, Ann said:

The Biden administration is pushing to transform artificial intelligence (AI) to promote a woke agenda led by left-wing activists and censor conservatives, warned a conservative watchdog group.

The American Accountability Foundation (AAF) reviewed the White House’s plans for AI and posted a warning on Twitter that top government officials are seeking to infuse “dangerous ideologies” into AI systems.

AAF president Tom Jones told Fox News Digital that “under the guise of fighting ‘algorithmic discrimination’ and ‘harmful bias,’ the Biden administration is trying to rig AI to follow the woke left’s rules.”

</snip>

Actual policy here.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/ostp/ai-bill-of-rights/

My first reaction is: don't these people have anything better to do?

My second reaction is: given that ChatGPT will tell kids where to get gender surgery, but won't tell me where the gun shops are in my neighborhood, it's pretty clear that AI's already got a very progressive lean.

My third reaction is: I'm not reading any of this, because these apocalyptic visions of AI killing all of us and discriminating against gays are ridiculous, and I have better things to do.

• Like 1

ChatGPT pauses Bing integration to stop people from bypassing paywalls
By Kevin Okemwa 

ChatGPT aided users aiming to bypass paywalls, but OpenAI put a stop to it.

Last week, OpenAI's chatbot, ChatGPT, gained a new feature dubbed Browse with Bing. The feature shipped exclusively to ChatGPT Plus subscribers.

Microsoft promised to bring Bing integration to the platform to enhance its search experience during its annual developer conference for developers, Build 2023. Before this inclusion, ChatGPT depended on OpenAI's GPT-4 model, which limited its capabilities. This is because the chatbot could only access information up until September 2021.

However, shortly after incorporating the new feature into the chatbot, OpenAI discovered that there are instances where it malfunctions. "For example, if a user specifically asks for a URL's full text, it might inadvertently fulfill this request," said OpenAI.

</snip>

4merper4mer

This is hyperbolic and incomplete, but still……

It’s also fun even if the fish is a cheap ripoff of Sammy.  The channel has a lot of entertaining stuff.

• Like 2

On 7/3/2023 at 9:29 PM, Ann said:

</snip>

On 7/4/2023 at 4:28 PM, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Actual policy here.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/ostp/ai-bill-of-rights/

My first reaction is: don't these people have anything better to do?

My second reaction is: given that ChatGPT will tell kids where to get gender surgery, but won't tell me where the gun shops are in my neighborhood, it's pretty clear that AI's already got a very progressive lean.

My third reaction is: I'm not reading any of this, because these apocalyptic visions of AI killing all of us and discriminating against gays are ridiculous, and I have better things to do.

Both of these goes right to the point I was making earlier that AI is going to be subject to whatever it is programmed to focus on and learn. If I program it to believe in multiple genders then that will stick with it forever because it was initially programmed to think that way, and only re-programming is going to change that because anything it learns on it's own then, will also have that bias.

Deranged Rhino
22 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

This is hyperbolic and incomplete, but still……

It’s also fun even if the fish is a cheap ripoff of Sammy.  The channel has a lot of entertaining stuff.

It's got really fun content, agreed. Been seeing more and more of their stuff over the past few weeks.

• 2 months later...

Step back and look at the image and tell us what you see. You can also make a fist, and look through the tunnel in your  hand. 

Yeah I know, someone is going to comment that the woman in the middle is missing a foot :classic_ninja: and that got me too at first, but focus  on the whole thing 

• Wow 1

1 hour ago, Cinga said:

Step back and look at the image and tell us what you see. You can also make a fist, and look through the tunnel in your  hand. 

Yeah I know, someone is going to comment that the woman in the middle is missing a foot :classic_ninja: and that got me too at first, but focus  on the whole thing 

If you look off of it, just above, below or to either side.. OBEY is clear as day. 

• Wow 1
  • Cheers 4

Yeah, not so much.

I just tried it and it repeatedly contained errors. When I pointed out the errors, it went on to try and reproduce the request, only to include several new errors. When pointing out the new errors, it unsuccessfully tried to recreate the request, using one or two of the previously mentioned errors. Pointing it out again, and explaining that it was already alerted of the previous errors, it went on to recreate the request again to include a couple of the second attempt errors. 

Still a ways away from prime time.

• Facepalm 1

54 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Yeah, not so much.

I just tried it and it repeatedly contained errors. When I pointed out the errors, it went on to try and reproduce the request, only to include several new errors. When pointing out the new errors, it unsuccessfully tried to recreate the request, using one or two of the previously mentioned errors. Pointing it out again, and explaining that it was already alerted of the previous errors, it went on to recreate the request again to include a couple of the second attempt errors. 

Still a ways away from prime time.

Tried getting it to produce some code for me and there was tons of errors. If it’s objective is to replace humans it’s doing a fantastic job.

In fact, chatgpt is already qualified enough to be an nfl referee.

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Nouseforaname said:

Tried getting it to produce some code for me and there was tons of errors. If it’s objective is to replace humans it’s doing a fantastic job.

I have tested it for code writing and while you do need to coax it along, it can do it.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

25 minutes ago, Foxx said:

I have tested it for code writing and while you do need to coax it along, it can do it.

ChatGPT won't write perfect code for you, but it will give you a really good start

• Cheers 1