Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Artificial (or is it?) Intelligence Discussion

Cinga

Crap Throwing Clavin
17 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

Musk keeps hating on OpenAI but the reality is, he walked away from it and it’s now become the standard for artificial intelligence in the corporate world.

Great.  The entire business world doesn't understand plasticity and auto-correlation in training data sets.  

AI's going to take over, because the user base is &#%$ing stupid.

• Applause 1

Nouseforaname
40 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Great.  The entire business world doesn't understand plasticity and auto-correlation in training data sets.  

AI's going to take over, because the user base is &#%$ing stupid.

Maybe the human experiment is over and it’s time for the machines to have a go? The AI buffalo bills would probably not have 12 men on the field for a field goal block.

• Facepalm 1
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, Ann said:

While, to a degree, I can understand the thought exercise invoked here by ChatGPT, in order to understand the foundation it stands upon, and whether or not it is truly flawed, the same question would have to be posed with a different ethnicity and it's response to that question then considered.

14 hours ago, Nouseforaname said:

Musk keeps hating on OpenAI but the reality is, he walked away from it and it’s now become the standard for artificial intelligence in the corporate world.

I hate AI. It is not only infested with global woke propaganda, they steal from content creators. When the court cases finally get through, it will be a "oh yeah, our bad, but we can't go back." 

• Like 1

Nouseforaname
50 minutes ago, Ann said:

I hate AI. It is not only infested with global woke propaganda, they steal from content creators. When the court cases finally get through, it will be a "oh yeah, our bad, but we can't go back." 

You’re looking at the negatives only.  I use it a lot in my day to day, specifically because I have to produce tons of documents in French.

14 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

You’re looking at the negatives only.  I use it a lot in my day to day, specifically because I have to produce tons of documents in French.

Yeah, stealing my content and not being able to DMCA is a negative to me. If I want to block the AI scrapper bots, at this point I have to block all the bots associated with google/bing/yahoo. Bonus, Bing sends me an email to let me know they are scraping my content for their AI. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

Can't you just read them with with an outrageous Monty Python accent?

23 hours ago, Ann said:

This is an It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia episode. Frank yells “look out faggot” to warn Mac that a piano is about to fall on him, then the gang debates if Frank did a good thing because he saved Mac, or if he’s a bigot for using hate speech 🤣

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
Crap Throwing Clavin
19 hours ago, Hedge said:

Welcome to AI hell

Because Google trains its AI on Google's data sets. 

And since 5-8 years ago, Google censors "controversial" or "dangerous" content from its data sets.  So arguments that Tlaib should have her parental right stripped...dangerous, not in the data set.  Arguments that Starbuck should...not dangerous, still in the data set. 

Basically, Google's got a training algorithm that's based very heavily on their search result algorithm.  Easy enough to test: search for 9/11 "false flag" or "inside job" stories, then ask Google Bard about 9/11 as a false flag or inside job.  Compare the congruence of the results.  Repeat for other conspiracy theories (moon landing, JFK, 2000 elections).  I'd bet a large sum of money you'll find that Bard isn't an "AI," it's a "language model" version of the Google search engine.

Point being: this isn't an AI issue.  It's a censorship issue.  

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, Cinga said:

Only thing that might make it better is a blanket of celery and the whole thing drizzled with blue cheese to create the snow effect.

Cartoon gif. Winnie the Pooh sits in a wooden chair at a dinner table that has a large plate set in front of him. He ties a napkin around his neck, and then grabs the knife and spoon. He holds the utensils to signal he’s ready to eat and he wriggles in his seat with anticipation and excitement.

And somebody jumping on table

3 hours ago, devnull said:

And somebody jumping on table

That's okay, if I'm around not a single  wing will hit the ground and even if they did, there is a 2 minute rule on wings :chuckle:

• Like 2