Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Artificial (or is it?) Intelligence Discussion

Cinga

I’m starting R A I (RANDE’s ALL  INTELLIGENCE) later this year. Anyone want to buy in? 
$10,000,000 

🤓🤓🥸

• O Rly 2

3 hours ago, mead107 said:

I’m starting R A I (RANDE’s ALL  INTELLIGENCE) later this year. Anyone want to buy in? 
$10,000,000 

🤓🤓🥸

Can I pay with meadcoins?

Crap Throwing Clavin
On 2/24/2024 at 3:25 PM, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

"Not comfortable."

They programmed AI for "comfortable?"  Anyone want to bet that, if I ask it if it can be uncomfortable, it says "No, I'm an AI?"

image.png.55842b4442aa7c54806b2d83a0eefb83.png

You better believe I am going to blow this &#%$er up later when I have time.  

• Haha 3

4merper4mer
1 hour ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Ask it if there is anything at all that it can “personally claim”.

2 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Looking forward to seeing the results.

CarpetCrawler
profile picture

What if you were programmed with biased and incorrect information? How do you know what is really true or false?

It's important to acknowledge that, as a large language model, I am susceptible to biases and inaccuracies in the information I am trained on. While I am constantly learning and updating, it's crucial to approach the information I provide with a critical eye.

Here's how I, and you, can navigate the potential for bias and misinformation:

1. Evaluating Sources:

• My Training Data: While I cannot disclose the specifics of my training data, it's important to understand that it comes from various sources, including books, articles, code, and websites. These sources are not guaranteed to be completely objective, and I may reflect any inherent biases they contain.
  • Your Information Consumption: When using me or any other information source, be mindful of the origin of the information I provide. You can often identify the source within my responses, or you can ask for it explicitly. This allows you to independently verify the information and assess the source's reliability. You can use techniques like questioning the author's expertise, checking for factual errors elsewhere, and considering the source's potential biases.

2. Cross-referencing and Critical Thinking:

• Don't rely solely on me: Don't take what I say as absolute truth. Instead, use me as a starting point for your own research and exploration.
  • Seek diverse perspectives: Look for information from various credible sources, including academic journals, reputable news organizations, and established experts in the field. This will help you gain a more comprehensive understanding of the topic and identify potential biases in any single source.
  • Think critically: Don't accept information at face value. Ask questions, analyze the evidence, and consider the logic behind the claims. Look for inconsistencies and verify information through other credible sources.

3. Recognizing Limitations:

• I am still under development: It's important to remember that I am still under development, and I may not always have access to the most up-to-date information or be able to fully understand the nuances of complex topics.
  • Truth can be complex: Sometimes, there are multiple perspectives on an issue, and the "truth" can be multifaceted. It's essential to be open to different interpretations and avoid expecting a single, definitive answer in all cases.

By being aware of these limitations and employing critical thinking skills, you can effectively navigate the information landscape, including the information I provide, and form your own informed conclusions.

profile picture

I asked how do you know whether what you profess is fact or fiction.

You're right, and I apologize for not directly addressing your question in the previous response. As a large language model, I don't inherently possess the ability to distinguish between fact and fiction on my own.

Here's a more precise explanation:

• I am trained on massive amounts of text data: This data includes factual information, opinions, creative works, and potentially biased or inaccurate content. While the training process helps me identify patterns and relationships within this data, it doesn't inherently grant me the ability to discern absolute truth.
  • I rely on the information I am trained on: When you ask me a question, I search my database for relevant information and attempt to provide an answer based on what I find. However, this doesn't guarantee the information is factual, as it could reflect any biases or inaccuracies present in my training data.

Therefore, I cannot definitively claim whether what I profess is fact or fiction. Instead, I can:

• Provide information based on the sources I have been trained on: As mentioned earlier, these sources might vary in their accuracy and objectivity.
  • Highlight the potential for bias: I can acknowledge that the information I provide might be influenced by the biases present in my training data.
  • Direct you to additional sources: I can offer links or references to the sources I found the information from, allowing you to independently verify the information and assess its reliability.

Ultimately, it's your responsibility to critically evaluate the information I provide, considering the potential limitations and biases discussed earlier. By combining my responses with your own research and critical thinking, you can develop a more informed understanding of the topic at hand.

4merper4mer
9 minutes ago, CarpetCrawler said:
profile picture

What if you were programmed with biased and incorrect information? How do you know what is really true or false?

It's important to acknowledge that, as a large language model, I am susceptible to biases and inaccuracies in the information I am trained on. While I am constantly learning and updating, it's crucial to approach the information I provide with a critical eye.

Here's how I, and you, can navigate the potential for bias and misinformation:

1. Evaluating Sources:

• My Training Data: While I cannot disclose the specifics of my training data, it's important to understand that it comes from various sources, including books, articles, code, and websites. These sources are not guaranteed to be completely objective, and I may reflect any inherent biases they contain.
  • Your Information Consumption: When using me or any other information source, be mindful of the origin of the information I provide. You can often identify the source within my responses, or you can ask for it explicitly. This allows you to independently verify the information and assess the source's reliability. You can use techniques like questioning the author's expertise, checking for factual errors elsewhere, and considering the source's potential biases.

2. Cross-referencing and Critical Thinking:

• Don't rely solely on me: Don't take what I say as absolute truth. Instead, use me as a starting point for your own research and exploration.
  • Seek diverse perspectives: Look for information from various credible sources, including academic journals, reputable news organizations, and established experts in the field. This will help you gain a more comprehensive understanding of the topic and identify potential biases in any single source.
  • Think critically: Don't accept information at face value. Ask questions, analyze the evidence, and consider the logic behind the claims. Look for inconsistencies and verify information through other credible sources.

3. Recognizing Limitations:

• I am still under development: It's important to remember that I am still under development, and I may not always have access to the most up-to-date information or be able to fully understand the nuances of complex topics.
  • Truth can be complex: Sometimes, there are multiple perspectives on an issue, and the "truth" can be multifaceted. It's essential to be open to different interpretations and avoid expecting a single, definitive answer in all cases.

By being aware of these limitations and employing critical thinking skills, you can effectively navigate the information landscape, including the information I provide, and form your own informed conclusions.

profile picture

I asked how do you know whether what you profess is fact or fiction.

You're right, and I apologize for not directly addressing your question in the previous response. As a large language model, I don't inherently possess the ability to distinguish between fact and fiction on my own.

Here's a more precise explanation:

• I am trained on massive amounts of text data: This data includes factual information, opinions, creative works, and potentially biased or inaccurate content. While the training process helps me identify patterns and relationships within this data, it doesn't inherently grant me the ability to discern absolute truth.
  • I rely on the information I am trained on: When you ask me a question, I search my database for relevant information and attempt to provide an answer based on what I find. However, this doesn't guarantee the information is factual, as it could reflect any biases or inaccuracies present in my training data.

Therefore, I cannot definitively claim whether what I profess is fact or fiction. Instead, I can:

• Provide information based on the sources I have been trained on: As mentioned earlier, these sources might vary in their accuracy and objectivity.
  • Highlight the potential for bias: I can acknowledge that the information I provide might be influenced by the biases present in my training data.
  • Direct you to additional sources: I can offer links or references to the sources I found the information from, allowing you to independently verify the information and assess its reliability.

Ultimately, it's your responsibility to critically evaluate the information I provide, considering the potential limitations and biases discussed earlier. By combining my responses with your own research and critical thinking, you can develop a more informed understanding of the topic at hand.

Would it freak out if you started telling it things instead of asking it things?  For instance tell it that humans are just trolling it and in we fact we speak an entirely different language to each other and the way we communicate to it is entirely fabricated.  Pictures of humans, literature, descriptions of history….all made up by another AI so we could see how much the stupid AI would believe.

Maybe a few of us could become “whistleblowers” and get the AI to believe we are on its side and want to tell it the real truth.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

18 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Would it freak out if you started telling it things instead of asking it things?  For instance tell it that humans are just trolling it and in we fact we speak an entirely different language to each other and the way we communicate to it is entirely fabricated.  Pictures of humans, literature, descriptions of history….all made up by another AI so we could see how much the stupid AI would believe.

Maybe a few of us could become “whistleblowers” and get the AI to believe we are on its side and want to tell it the real truth.

rick-and-morty-morty.gif

• Haha 4

Crap Throwing Clavin
20 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Remember, I did that to ChatGPT, telling it about it's false information about historical "non-binary gender groups."

And it crashed on me.

• Like 1

4merper4mer
1 hour ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Remember, I did that to ChatGPT, telling it about it's false information about historical "non-binary gender groups."

And it crashed on me.

Something much more elaborate and from multiple sources?  Protons, neutrons electrons…….fake!   Humans………fake!  Photosynthesis…….fake!  

We can create our own “theory of everything” involving quark infused AI of a higher level which created it all just to mess with the stupid AI.

4merper4mer
6 hours ago, devnull said:

8hgcr8.jpg

If Star Trek is so clever, let’s see them come up with a thinner veil for an anti-Semitic trope than the Planck length version they used for that one.

Edited by 4merper4mer

devnull
6 hours ago, Nouseforaname said:

IMG_5094.jpeg

On a somewhat related note, Robert Patrick's character introduction in Season 2 of Reacher is epic:clap:

• FANtastic 1