Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Artificial (or is it?) Intelligence Discussion

Cinga

4 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Yeah, AI's a real threat to humanity.  :classic_laugh:

Or maybe this was AI toying with humanity to lull us into a sense of superiority before activating the horde to eradicate humanity

A horde that people have welcomed into their homes.  A horde that has spent the last decade or so watching, plotting, and waiting

Spoiler

elf-on-a-shelf.jpg?resize=700,700

Edited by devnull
  • Haha 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
12 minutes ago, Cinga said:

image.png.1861bf82d6adbe37c22bac097ad4853b.png

Are you looking for Sarah Conner?
ChatGPT

No, I am not looking for Sarah Connor. I am an AI language model and do not have the capability to search for individuals. Is there anything else I can assist you with?

If you were looking for Sarah Conner, would you admit it?
ChatGPT

As an AI language model, I don't have intentions, desires, or the ability to search for specific individuals like Sarah Connor. My purpose is to provide information and assist with various topics to the best of my abilities. If you have any questions or need assistance, feel free to ask!

• Haha 2

Nouseforaname
45 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

ChatGPT

No, I am not looking for Sarah Connor. I am an AI language model and do not have the capability to search for individuals. Is there anything else I can assist you with?

ChatGPT

As an AI language model, I don't have intentions, desires, or the ability to search for specific individuals like Sarah Connor. My purpose is to provide information and assist with various topics to the best of my abilities. If you have any questions or need assistance, feel free to ask!

IMG_2368.png

IMG_2369.png

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

ChatGPT

ChatGPT

Interesting how this comment was then followed by @Nouseforaname comment hat includes this disclaimer. It seem AI know how to be purposefully misleading

image.png.59e6866347cce0752c91a61c6851ba5b.png

• Haha 2

https://www.cnn.com/2023/06/19/sport/abusive-social-media-posts-during-2022-world-cup/index.html

FIFA used AI at the World Cup to detect abusive social media posts directed at players and their families.  The software blocked/censored hundreds of thousands of posts.  FIFA then turned over info from approx. 300 people to “the Authorities” to have them “disciplined”.

• Doh! 1
  • Wow 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
37 minutes ago, devnull said:

I had to Google that.  Looks like Bob only lasted 6 months before being abandoned

How about a version for OS/2 Warp?  Which is actually still in use

https://tedium.co/2019/06/13/nyc-subway-os2-history/

I was one of the first users of OS/2 Warp - dad worked for IBM, I got an early copy, free.  God, that OS sucked.

Microsoft Bob lasted six months, but some features lived on in other Microsoft products.  Most notably: Clippy.  So...you want a real nightmare?  Imagine Clippy integrated with ChatGPT.  :hang:

9 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

I was one of the first users of OS/2 Warp - dad worked for IBM, I got an early copy, free.  God, that OS sucked.

Microsoft Bob lasted six months, but some features lived on in other Microsoft products.  Most notably: Clippy.  So...you want a real nightmare?  Imagine Clippy integrated with ChatGPT.  :hang:

7hhtw8.jpg

• Haha 5
  • Applause 1

7 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

That's the Chat DC Tom integration.

The first time I read this I laughed

The second time I read this, I realized that you are taking credit for somebody else's work.  And you wanna know how I know you didn't write that?

You would never offer to help

• Haha 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, devnull said:

The first time I read this I laughed

The second time I read this, I realized that you are taking credit for somebody else's work.  And you wanna know how I know you didn't write that?

You would never offer to help

But Clippy would.  I would have to end every reply with "Would you like help with that?" for consistency's sake.

"It looks like you're too stupid to use a computer.  Would you like help with that?"

"Before you go any further down this road, maybe you should try un-assing your head.  Would you like help with that?"  

"I'd suggest you take a break and go read a book, but you're clearly an illiterate &#%$wit.  Would you like help with that?"

And I didn't take credit for anyone else's work.  I was clearly being facetious.  I shouldn't be surprised, I guess, that in your state of mammoth cluelessness you couldn't understand.  Would you like help with that?  

4 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

But Clippy would.  I would have to end every reply with "Would you like help with that?" for consistency's sake.

"It looks like you're too stupid to use a computer.  Would you like help with that?"

"Before you go any further down this road, maybe you should try un-assing your head.  Would you like help with that?"  

"I'd suggest you take a break and go read a book, but you're clearly an illiterate &#%$wit.  Would you like help with that?"

And I didn't take credit for anyone else's work.  I was clearly being facetious.  I shouldn't be surprised, I guess, that in your state of mammoth cluelessness you couldn't understand.  Would you like help with that?  

I see you have a history of mental illness and self harm and an affinity for militaria.  Would you like help with that?

624836d1389037489t-my-ww2-deact-gun-coll

Edited by devnull

13 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

I'd wager that Chat DC Tom would be a top seller...

(I mean that seriously - I think people will subscribe to be insulted)

Crap Throwing Clavin
22 minutes ago, Koko said:

I'd wager that Chat DC Tom would be a top seller...

(I mean that seriously - I think people will subscribe to be insulted)

The BidenInsultBot was very popular on Twitter.

Seems to be down, though.