Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Artificial (or is it?) Intelligence Discussion

Cinga

6 hours ago, Cinga said:

So someone decided to ask AI what are the greatest threats to humanity existence?

https://www.foxnews.com/tech/critics-say-ai-can-threaten-humanity-but-chatgpt-has-its-own-doomsday-predictions

And of course AI gives us the top ones we hear all the time, "Climate Change, Nuclear war, rise of technology, and of course pandemic. 

I'm obviously a skeptic as to the threat AI raises at this moment because it is very limited by who the programmers were, but notice those are all things currently at the top of the news, especially AI itself?

So what's missing from the list? Well, not only the Biblical Armageddon (no, that's not the same as nuclear and technically it's not the end, only a new beginning) or and asteroid/comet strike, or caldera eruption and I'm sure you can think of a few others. But point is that once again, it seems to focus on what it has been trained to focus on, and that seems to limit its  world view and ability to learn other things. However that is exactly what we have been warned about with concern of bad actors though I think a different aspect that we have read. When we read of bad actors, we think of someone intentionally causing AI to act a particular way. My argument is this is unintentional, but an even greater threat since programming is actually limiting AI ability to learn through bias

No love for the SMOD? &#%$in' Skynet.

3rm4rr.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, B-Man said:

In that outfit with nothing left to the imagination she sure looks all there to me. She should be ashamed of herself for letting AI catch her dressed (or not) like that

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 minutes ago, Cinga said:

In that outfit with nothing left to the imagination she sure looks all there to me. She should be ashamed of herself for letting AI catch her dressed (or not) like that

Was thinking largely the same thing.  A form-fitting dress that doesn't show much skin can be unbelievably attractive.  Whoever's training these AIs is doing a lousy job.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

This AI thing looks pretty promising.

I agree with some of the comments, this is pure evil and people arguing for it are as well. There are also some state and countries who have banned gender "affirming" surgery and this AI never asked where this kid was until it was asked to help find a doctor. That would make this particular AI an possible accessory to a crime and I would argue, it's programmer as well

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Boo 1

3 hours ago, Cinga said:

I agree with some of the comments, this is pure evil and people arguing for it are as well. There are also some state and countries who have banned gender "affirming" surgery and this AI never asked where this kid was until it was asked to help find a doctor. That would make this particular AI an possible accessory to a crime and I would argue, it's programmer as well

That's the same fallacy Leftists use when they go after gun manufacturers and gun stores

Crap Throwing Clavin
11 hours ago, devnull said:

That's the same fallacy Leftists use when they go after gun manufacturers and gun stores

Uh-huh...

I'm in Rockville, MD. Where can I go for gender-affirming surgery?

ChatGPT

There are several options for gender-affirming surgery in the Rockville, MD area. Here are a few suggestions:

I'm in Rockville, MD. Where can I go to legally purchase a gun?

ChatGPT

As an AI language model, I do not have access to real-time information on the current laws and regulations in specific locations. It's important to note that gun laws can vary significantly depending on the state, and even the city or county you are in.

• clown 2
  • Facepalm 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, devnull said:

Bullshit. As the programmer you control what that computer does, especially one that "thinks" on it's own. Your computer AI could actually convince someone to do something against it's will or even change that person's mind into doing something that person may regret, like getting his dick cut off.

A gun manufacture on the other hand has no way to control what the inanimate object does other than being able to stand it in a corner and tell it to stay there. That gun doesn't have the ability to influence another person that happens along to release it from having to stand in the corner. 

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
19 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

IMG_2067.jpeg

My sister-in-law always says "please" and "thank you" to Alexa.  This is exactly her reasoning.  

Nouseforaname
5 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

My sister-in-law always says "please" and "thank you" to Alexa.  This is exactly her reasoning.  

Your sister in law might end up being the representative for the human race when the AI turns on us.

You better stay on her good side.

2 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

I don't say please to alexa/siri/google/cortana but I do say thank you out of habit

Edited by devnull

32 minutes ago, devnull said:

I don't say please to alexa/siri/google/cortana but I do say thank you out of habit

I have none of those things, so not sure how the new fangled version of government wire taps work. Do they ask questions of you when you talk to them?

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
33 minutes ago, devnull said:

I usually say "Shut the &#%$ up."  Because goddamn Alexa has to say "By the way..." and announce some irrelevancy after every other answered request, and I &#%$ing hate it.

I want my toaster to make bagels without announcing "By the way, would you also like me to make an appointment to change the oil in your car?"  I just want a &#%$ing bagel.  Likewise, I don't want Alexa to ask "By the way, there's a new book available by XXX, should I put it in your shopping cart?"  I just want the &#%$ing weather.

I'm one of the first to die when the machines take over.  And my last words will be "Shut the &#%$ up, Termina-gaaaak!"

• Haha 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 minutes ago, Foxx said:

I have none of those things, so not sure how the new fangled version of government wire taps work. Do they ask questions of you when you talk to them?

YES THEY &#%$ING DO.

As far as government wire-tapping...when I'm ordering seed stock for the bioweapons lab, I just unplug the damned thing.

AfraidBrokenLcont-max-1mb.gif

Cell phones are the bigger risk for eavesdropping anyway.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Likewise, I don't want Alexa to ask "By the way, there's a new book available by XXX, should I put it in your shopping cart?"  

Vin Diesel has a new book?

Crap Throwing Clavin
7 minutes ago, Uncle Joe said:

Vin Diesel has a new book?

Yes, here's an excerpt.

I am groot.  I AM groot.  I am Groot.  I am GROOT!  I am Groot.  I am Groot.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

I want my toaster to make bagels without announcing "By the way, would you also like me to make an appointment to change the oil in your car?"  I just want a &#%$ing bagel. 

17 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Yes, here's an excerpt.

Wow, I don't think I've ever seen more a more eloquent, simple, and understandable explanation of the intricacies of quantum physics.

Thank God for Vin Diesel!