Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Artificial (or is it?) Intelligence Discussion

Cinga

Crap Throwing Clavin
3 hours ago, Koko said:

Wow, I don't think I've ever seen more a more eloquent, simple, and understandable explanation of the intricacies of quantum physics.

Thank God for Vin Diesel!

Vin Diesel teaching quantum physics is only slightly more believable than Denise Richards as a nuclear physicist in The World Is Not Enough.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Vin Diesel teaching quantum physics is only slightly more believable than Denise Richards as a nuclear physicist in The World Is Not Enough.

Really? She was a nuclear physicist in that movie? I really didn't notice that.

• Haha 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, Foxx said:

Really? She was a nuclear physicist in that movie? I really didn't notice that.

Yeah.  It'd probably be my favorite Brosnan Bond movie, except that bit of casting really broke my suspension of disbelief.

From IMDB:

Out of all the principal roles in The World is Not Enough, the character of Christmas Jones is the one who changed the most from initial treatment to final shooting script/actual film. She started out as a French Polynesian insurance agent from Lloyds of London. Her profession was changed because of similarities with the insurance agent female lead of The Thomas Crown Affair remake that Pierce Brosnan was filming at the time. She briefly became a bounty hunter, before making her a nuclear physicist who is more pivotal to the plot. 

Apparently some people (including Brosnan) have defender her in the role, on the grounds that "She's supposed to be an unconventional nuclear physicist."  Yeah...the problem isn't the character's definition.  The problem is that she such a bad actress, she can barely act like Denise Richards, let alone any sort of nuclear physicist. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Yeah.  It'd probably be my favorite Brosnan Bond movie, except that bit of casting really broke my suspension of disbelief.

From IMDB:

Apparently some people (including Brosnan) have defender her in the role, on the grounds that "She's supposed to be an unconventional nuclear physicist."  Yeah...the problem isn't the character's definition.  The problem is that she such a bad actress, she can barely act like Denise Richards, let alone any sort of nuclear physicist. 

Remember when she played Charlie Sheen's crackhead wife?

I think she did pretty well in that.

• Haha 2

IDBillzFan
22 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

I know she was supposed to be the hot chick in "Starship Troopers," but Dizzy was my kind of girl, shower scene notwithstanding.

Nouseforaname
2 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Why is it giving a Nazi salute?  

Wasn’t there a nazi plot line with the original Battlestar galactica?

IDBillzFan

This is cool.

It's also a bit creepy.

On the upside, it shouldn't be long before AI is in charge of all sports journalism since, you know, even Tim Graham and John Wawrow can do it.

• Facepalm 1
  • Cheers 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
18 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

This is cool.

It's also a bit creepy.

On the upside, it shouldn't be long before AI is in charge of all sports journalism since, you know, even Tim Graham and John Wawrow can do it.

I've already used ChatGPT to write better sports articles than some of the "articles" I see on web sites.  Posted it over on the football side somewhere.

Edit:  https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/nfl-news-packers-want-aaron-rodgers-back-in-2023-but-under-one-big-condition/ar-AA17Rrwj

Edited by Crap Throwing Clavin
  • Like 2

IDBillzFan
12 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

False.  My drones would have responded to a "no-go" call by calling the operator an idiot.

I was "this" close to adding: NOTE: This is where he tells us he would tweak the drone to make the revenge personal. :classic_laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
Crap Throwing Clavin

https://www.apa.org/pubs/journals/releases/apl-apl0001103.pdf

Specifically, we theorize that the more employees interact with AI in the pursuit of work goals, the more they experience a need for social affiliation (adaptive)—which may contribute to more helping behavior toward coworkers at work—as well as a feeling of loneliness (maladaptive), which then further impair employee well-being after work (i.e., more insomnia and alcohol consumption)

They then go on to "prove" their hypotheses with three days of data.  

This is what bad science looks like.  Ironically, an AI probably would have designed a better study.  :classic_laugh:

On 6/1/2023 at 7:03 PM, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

False.  My drones would have responded to a "no-go" call by calling the operator an idiot.

And then try to mansplain how their tactics resemble some 19th century Austro Hungarian battle

• Haha 1