Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Artificial (or is it?) Intelligence Discussion

Cinga

6 minutes ago, devnull said:

ChatGPT won't write perfect code for you, but it will give you a really good start

It's too bad the same can't be said for NFL referees.

• 4 weeks later...

Stuff like this is going to become a serious problem soon, probably during the elections. This is AI generated, but who would argue she wouldn't say such crazy stuff?

• Haha 3

Crap Throwing Clavin
26 minutes ago, Cinga said:

Stuff like this is going to become a serious problem soon, probably during the elections. This is AI generated, but who would argue she wouldn't say such crazy stuff?

That may be a fake.  But the first 20 seconds is accurate.  DARPA has working prototypes of electric-powered aircraft.  The Army is working on prototypes of all-electric vehicles, and plans to have "electric tanks" deployed by 2050.  And the US Navy has twice already deployed a "Great Green Fleet" powered exclusively by biofuels (which is actually entirely practical - the gas turbines that power most Navy ships can burn just about any flammable liquid.)

Everything starting with "biodegradable missiles" is bullshit, though.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

And the US Navy has twice already deployed a "Great Green Fleet" powered exclusively by biofuels (which is actually entirely practical - the gas turbines that power most Navy ships can burn just about any flammable liquid.)

Not to mention nuclear propulsion that powers carriers and subs, and previously cruisers

Edited by devnull
  • Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 hours ago, devnull said:

Not to mention nuclear propulsion that powers carriers and subs, and previously cruisers

Little know fact there, Normie:

With the exception of the USS Long Beach, US nuclear powered cruisers were actually nuclear powered destroyers (generally DLGN's - nuclear powered guided missile destroyer leaders.) 

They were reclassified as "cruisers" in 1975, after the kerfuffle over the "cruiser gap" with the Soviet Navy (short version: USN had six cruisers, Red Navy had 19, because the Soviets defined "cruiser" differently.  USN got upset at having fewer cruisers, even though it had frigates that were larger than some Soviet cruisers, so the USN re-designated a bunch of frigates/destroyers as "cruisers".)  

[/Clavin]

• O Rly 2

24 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Little know fact there, Normie:

With the exception of the USS Long Beach, US nuclear powered cruisers were actually nuclear powered destroyers (generally DLGN's - nuclear powered guided missile destroyer leaders.) 

Hey asshat, notice how there's an "Edited by" line on my original post?

My original post said destroyers, but i wasn't 100% sure so I edited according to Google

3 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

That may be a fake.  But the first 20 seconds is accurate.  DARPA has working prototypes of electric-powered aircraft.  The Army is working on prototypes of all-electric vehicles, and plans to have "electric tanks" deployed by 2050.  And the US Navy has twice already deployed a "Great Green Fleet" powered exclusively by biofuels (which is actually entirely practical - the gas turbines that power most Navy ships can burn just about any flammable liquid.)

Everything starting with "biodegradable missiles" is bullshit, though.

Just had a vision of the future of our "Green Fleet" and of course imagined Cheech and Chong smoking it

image.png.7ad57f7c7c2ebf8ec0868e71dbb69ff1.png

Crap Throwing Clavin
45 minutes ago, devnull said:

Hey asshat, notice how there's an "Edited by" line on my original post?

My original post said destroyers, but i wasn't 100% sure so I edited according to Google

You trusted google.  And I'm the asshat?  :classic_laugh:

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Hedge said:

Anyone who has been paying attention knows it’s bad already. And it’s going to get worse.

Incorporating DEI and CRT into the algorithm is "systemic" racism

Jabba The Hutt
On 11/1/2023 at 10:10 PM, Hedge said:

Anyone who has been paying attention knows it’s bad already. And it’s going to get worse.

On 11/2/2023 at 6:44 AM, devnull said:

Incorporating DEI and CRT into the algorithm is "systemic" racism

Great, not only do we have to deal with Skynet, now we have to deal with Tranny Skynet:crying3:

CarpetCrawler
On 11/1/2023 at 10:10 PM, Hedge said:

It's not about "artificial" "intelligence" at all, and hasn't been for a long time. It is "purposefully crafted propaganda" made to look like independent authority. It's meticulously structured by biased humans to give the answers it wants to hear and suppress the ideas it doesn't want spread.

• Like 4

Nouseforaname
2 hours ago, Ann said:

Musk keeps hating on OpenAI but the reality is, he walked away from it and it’s now become the standard for artificial intelligence in the corporate world.