Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Tucker Carlson

Ann

On 11/30/2023 at 9:52 AM, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

The Drake equation is such complete garbage.  I've got a better one: the quantum Drake equation!  

I can’t wait for the “Schrodinger’s UFO found on the ocean floor” thread.  It ought to be a hoot.

During that same segment, Tucker also said that the dropping of nuclear bombs is what ended creativity in America.

He also said that no technological advancement in the past 100 years has made life better for Americans.  Outside of antibiotics and the electric grid, and he has several questions about the electric grid.

I'd be careful promoting him as a voice you want to stand behind.

Gavin in Va Beach
4 hours ago, Joe Miner said:

During that same segment, Tucker also said that the dropping of nuclear bombs is what ended creativity in America.

He also said that no technological advancement in the past 100 years has made life better for Americans.  Outside of antibiotics and the electric grid, and he has several questions about the electric grid.

What exactly do you take issue with on any of those observations? He's not the originator about the 'nukes ended creativity' idea, I've heard others bring it up before and those I've heard dive into it make some good points.

As for the technological advancement claim, there is merit to that as well. Now many technological advancements can be said to have made life 'easier' for Americans, but you can argue about making life 'better'. Studies keep saying that Americans are more depressed, more anxious, etc, than at any time since they started tracking this particular data. I mean take the internet, we all love it and it's nice having instant communications and e-commerce and all that, but some would argue, again with merit, that it's driving us slowly insane as a people. Who knows? I'm not smart enough to say. But to try to tell us to dismiss Tucker as a quack because he makes a couple of wild sounding statements to make people think more deeply on things is rather disingenuous and sells him short in his attempts to bring attention to issues 'those in power' would rather not have people thinking about.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Joe Miner said:

Its asinine to say that you can only promote someone you 100% agree with. 

• Cheers 3