Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Israel Has Declared a State of War

Hedge

devnull
22 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Point of note: the Mk 82s and Mk 84s are not precision guided munitions.  They're dumb bombs until you put the JDAM kits on them.  Tweet incorrectly implies they are PGMs.

Another point of note: for aerodynamic reasons, you generally have to match the munitions to the plane - tough to drop Chinese bombs from an American plane, for example, because the bombs just fall differently (and there's a lot of testing that goes on to make sure a bomb drops properly from a plane.)  So, since Israel uses American planes, it's not likely they can get munitions elsewhere.  Maybe from NATO countries' stocks...if they haven't been sent to the Ukraine.  :classic_dry:

Israel is one of the United States biggest threats of espionage.  Even while we sell/give them all this military hardware, they bite the hand that feeds it.

Between their spies, scientists, and industrialists, I suspect Israel won't have any problem reverse engineering Mk82 or Mk84 dumb bombs

• Like 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
18 minutes ago, devnull said:

Israel is one of the United States biggest threats of espionage.  Even while we sell/give them all this military hardware, they bite the hand that feeds it.

Between their spies, scientists, and industrialists, I suspect Israel won't have any problem reverse engineering Mk82 or Mk84 dumb bombs

It's not the reverse-engineering that's tough.  It's setting up the industry to build them.  I'm not sure Israel can make the tritonal filler in enough quantity to make the bombs. 

IDBillzFan

Is it my imagination, or didn't Trump get impeached for holding foreign aid for political gain?

Funny, you don't hear nutbags banging their pots and pans over Biden threatening Isreal. Instead, they are perfectly fine with him telling the world that he has no respect for Israel and that his 'ironclad' relationship is second only to his need to win Michigan.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
8 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Holy shit!  Is that true?  The Knicks won?

• Haha 5

Hedge
3 hours ago, devnull said:

It wouldn't surprise me at all if there were just as many paid assets passing classified U.S information to Israel, as there are, combined, passing it to every other country (with the only exception probably being China).

Crap Throwing Clavin
34 minutes ago, Hedge said:

It wouldn't surprise me at all if there were just as many paid assets passing classified U.S information to Israel, as there are, combined, passing it to every other country (with the only exception probably being China).

It would surprise me.

Paid and unpaid Israeli assets, on the other hand...

Fansince88
8 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

It's not the reverse-engineering that's tough.  It's setting up the industry to build them.  I'm not sure Israel can make the tritonal filler in enough quantity to make the bombs. 

I dont know if you know this or not but @Pete blocked you. Something about not being able to matching wits with you so it would be best not to communicate at all. 

• Haha 1

Robs House
On 5/9/2024 at 6:08 PM, Nouseforaname said:

How, in principle, does his position differ from yours?

• Haha 1

Nouseforaname
3 hours ago, Robs House said:

How, in principle, does his position differ from yours?

The Israeli position from a large number of Israelis and diaspora Jews is to share the land going forward.

The Palestinian position is to abolish the state of Israel and go back to how things were before 48. 

Hamas will only stop when Israel and any Jews who came after 48 leave.  Israel will stop when they are no longer attacked from Gaza.

Try harder. 

• Like 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, Nouseforaname said:

Of course they're trying to minimize civilian casualties.

It's just hard to do when the non-civilians embed themselves in the civilian population and use them as human shields.  And harder still when you're trying to "precisely" use 1000lb bombs.

• FANtastic 2

Nouseforaname
18 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Of course they're trying to minimize civilian casualties.

It's just hard to do when the non-civilians embed themselves in the civilian population and use them as human shields.  And harder still when you're trying to "precisely" use 1000lb bombs.

Not only is Israel targeting civilians they are also trying to illegally manipulate the Eurovision contest that I’ve never heard about until this week .

23 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

Not only is Israel targeting civilians they are also trying to illegally manipulate the Eurovision contest that I’ve never heard about until this week .

You've never heard of Eurovision ?!?

Maneskin is pretty cool.

• Like 1

Robs House
6 hours ago, Nouseforaname said:

The Israeli position from a large number of Israelis and diaspora Jews is to share the land going forward.

The Palestinian position is to abolish the state of Israel and go back to how things were before 48. 

Hamas will only stop when Israel and any Jews who came after 48 leave.  Israel will stop when they are no longer attacked from Gaza.

Try harder. 

Even if you believe that (I don't), at this point it's a distinction without a difference. It's not like coexistence as an option for the people of gaza. For them this actually is an existential threat, which is Israel's claim. (And it's a bit of an aside, but since you mentioned it, I'll note that for the last 7 months Israel has not been under attack by Gaza or Hamas. It's been all the other way.) Therefore, the only real difference is who you think is more deserving of blame, which does not present a moral distinction wrt tactics.

This guy's position is that the Palestinians would be justified were they to vanquish their enemies by any means necessary. That is identical to the Israeli position.

I don't expect you as a Jew to see both sides as equal, or value Palestinian life as on par with Jewish life, nor should you, but from an objective 3rd party perspective, that guy has the same moral stance that you do. You're just pulling for different teams.

Nouseforaname
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Robs House said:

Even if you believe that (I don't), at this point it's a distinction without a difference. It's not like coexistence as an option for the people of gaza. For them this actually is an existential threat, which is Israel's claim. (And it's a bit of an aside, but since you mentioned it, I'll note that for the last 7 months Israel has not been under attack by Gaza or Hamas. It's been all the other way.) Therefore, the only real difference is who you think is more deserving of blame, which does not present a moral distinction wrt tactics.

This guy's position is that the Palestinians would be justified were they to vanquish their enemies by any means necessary. That is identical to the Israeli position.

I don't expect you as a Jew to see both sides as equal, or value Palestinian life as on par with Jewish life, nor should you, but from an objective 3rd party perspective, that guy has the same moral stance that you do. You're just pulling for different teams.

This has to be some of the dumbest shit I’ve ever read.  You’ve clearly shown had badly informed you are at every level.

First of all, Hamas  has been attacking Israel with rocks since October 7th.  In fact, once the IDF leaves an area, the rocket attacks resume.  This hasn’t stopped.  There are also rocket attacks from the north from hezbollah.  There are also terrorists who infiltrate Israel from the West Bank and attack civilians and soldiers. None of that has stopped.

Second.  I’m not Jewish.  I am catholic and I am married to a Muslim Arab.  My children are therefore half Arab.  You don’t have a &#%$ing clue what you’re talking about.

Edited by Nouseforaname

Robs House
13 hours ago, Nouseforaname said:

This has to be some of the dumbest shit I’ve ever read.  You’ve clearly shown had badly informed you are at every level.

First of all, Hamas  has been attacking Israel with rocks since October 7th.  In fact, once the IDF leaves an area, the rocket attacks resume.  This hasn’t stopped.  There are also rocket attacks from the north from hezbollah.  There are also terrorists who infiltrate Israel from the West Bank and attack civilians and soldiers. None of that has stopped.

Second.  I’m not Jewish.  I am catholic and I am married to a Muslim Arab.  My children are therefore half Arab.  You don’t have a &#%$ing clue what you’re talking about.

You're pathetic.

Let's break down the ways:

1. You fail to address the substance, as usual, instead addressing only the tangential point, to which your response was weak as &#%$ anyway. Implying that this mass purge to extinguish "Amalek" is a defense maneuver to protect against pea shooter rockets is absurd on its face, and more importantly, a deflection from the key point which you couldn't address because the logic is unassailable. 

2. Your need to hurl insults even when confronted with a rational argument (which no one else does here) highlights the dearth of substance in your reply. If you're going to talk shit effectively you have to first level the opposing argument, then follow with the insult. Otherwise you just sound obnoxious. Outrage and indignation are poor substitutes for an argument. 

3. You're a cuck. I may not agree with a Jew on this issue (although more than few agree with me) but I can at least respect the fact that he's got his own people's interest at heart. That clearly doesn't apply to you. The average religious Jew holds you in greater disdain than he does a Muslim (and suffice it to say, he sees your wife and kids as cattle at best) and you can't get down on your knees fast enough to enthusiastically suck his kosher cock.

I struggle to understand the mindset of any christian zionist, but most of them are a bit more subdued in their loyalty, and have at least some perceived self-interest in mind. I generally attribute it to the mistaken belief that this is a holy war, the quasi-religious belief that Israel is our "greatest ally" against the threat posed to us by the caricature of the monolithic block of Muslim jihadists who "hate us for our freedoms," and/or out of loyalty to assimilated Jewish friends, but none of that explains you. You know at least half of that is bullshit and you cuck harder than anyone I know. Knowing what I know now I'd spit on you as soon as look at you.

You've been wrong about damn near everything over the last few years and you'll be proven wrong about this too. But I'm sure that won't stop you from strutting around like you were victorious.

• Boo 1