Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Israel Has Declared a State of War

Hedge

Nouseforaname
1 hour ago, IDBillzFan said:

Man, when did it become so trendy to hate Jews THIS much? Imagine being a US Senator, having seen pure video of the events of Oct. 7, and have the idiocy to refer to this as "Netanyahu's war."

You're a phucking commie, Fauxcahontas.

It takes a particular hatred that has lasted for over 1000 years to get some idiots who generally are on the right (some on this forum) to agree with wing nuts like Elizabeth Warren.

Boyst
1 hour ago, Nouseforaname said:

Uhh. Something is going on damn near all year round bro

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

Deranged Rhino

Again. This administration's #1 geopolitical agenda is to maintain the normalization process with Iran at all cost. Even that of our biggest ally in the region for decades. 

• Angry 1
  • Cheers 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
19 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Again. This administration's #1 geopolitical agenda is to maintain the normalization process with Iran at all cost. Even that of our biggest ally in the region for decades. 

Point of note: the Mk 82s and Mk 84s are not precision guided munitions.  They're dumb bombs until you put the JDAM kits on them.  Tweet incorrectly implies they are PGMs.

Another point of note: for aerodynamic reasons, you generally have to match the munitions to the plane - tough to drop Chinese bombs from an American plane, for example, because the bombs just fall differently (and there's a lot of testing that goes on to make sure a bomb drops properly from a plane.)  So, since Israel uses American planes, it's not likely they can get munitions elsewhere.  Maybe from NATO countries' stocks...if they haven't been sent to the Ukraine.  :classic_dry:

• Cheers 2

Hedge
1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Ukraine aid by itself wouldn't pass, so Congress packages Israel aid together with it to get the last needed votes. Then the administration decides not to send the Israel aid?

Sounds about right.

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

MothersMilk

How many hostages are there, or is that a number that no one knows? 

Hedge
6 minutes ago, MothersMilk said:

How many hostages are there, or is that a number that no one knows? 

Considering that Hamas was trying to negotiate the number of releases to include "bodies", not as many as there should be.

• Like 2

Deranged Rhino

And we know why. 

#BREAKING: Biden tells CNN that he will not only continue to pause shipments of bombs to Israel, but also hold up artillery shells because what the IDF has done and wants to do is “just wrong”....

CNN’s Erin Burnett: “I want to ask you about something happening as we sit here and speak and that of course is Israeli striking Rafah. I know that you have paused, Mr. President, shipments of 2,000-pound U.S. bombs to Israel due to concern that they could be used in any offensive on Rafah. Have those bombs — those powerful 2,000-pound bombs, been used to kill civilians in Gaza?”

Joe Biden: “Civilians have been killed in Gaza as the consequences those bombs and other ways in which they go after population centers. And I made it clear — [COUGHS] — that, if they go into Rafah — they haven't gone into Rafah yet — if they go into Rafah, I'm not supplying the weapons that have been used historically deal with Rafah, to deal with the cities, that deal with that problem. We're going to continue to make sure Israel is secure in terms of Iron Dome and their ability to respond to attacks like — came out of — the — in — the Middle East recently. But it's — it’s — it’s just wrong. We're not gonna — we're not gonna supply the weapons and the artillery shells used that have been used.”

Burnett: “Artillery shells as well?”

Biden: “Yeah, artillery shells.” Burnett: “So, just to understand what they're doing right now — [BIDEN COUGHS] — in Rafah is that not going into Rafah as you [inaudible].”

Biden: “No, they haven't gotten in the population centers. What they did is right on the border and it's causing problems with — right now — [COUGHS] — in terms of what Egypt — which I've worked very hard make sure we have a relationship and help but I've made it clear to Bibi and the war cabinet. They're not going to get our support if, in fact, they go into these population centers.”

Deranged Rhino

Funny. He cares about civilians dead in Gaza - not in Ukraine. Not in Israel. Not in Afghanistan. Not in Yemen. Not in Syria. Not in Libya. 

Why... it's almost like he's a man devoid of principles and morals, and is only driven by the political headwinds of the day. 

• Like 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

And we know why. 

#BREAKING: Biden tells CNN that he will not only continue to pause shipments of bombs to Israel, but also hold up artillery shells because what the IDF has done and wants to do is “just wrong”....

CNN’s Erin Burnett: “I want to ask you about something happening as we sit here and speak and that of course is Israeli striking Rafah. I know that you have paused, Mr. President, shipments of 2,000-pound U.S. bombs to Israel due to concern that they could be used in any offensive on Rafah. Have those bombs — those powerful 2,000-pound bombs, been used to kill civilians in Gaza?”

Joe Biden: “Civilians have been killed in Gaza as the consequences those bombs and other ways in which they go after population centers. And I made it clear — [COUGHS] — that, if they go into Rafah — they haven't gone into Rafah yet — if they go into Rafah, I'm not supplying the weapons that have been used historically deal with Rafah, to deal with the cities, that deal with that problem. We're going to continue to make sure Israel is secure in terms of Iron Dome and their ability to respond to attacks like — came out of — the — in — the Middle East recently. But it's — it’s — it’s just wrong. We're not gonna — we're not gonna supply the weapons and the artillery shells used that have been used.”

Burnett: “Artillery shells as well?”

Biden: “Yeah, artillery shells.” Burnett: “So, just to understand what they're doing right now — [BIDEN COUGHS] — in Rafah is that not going into Rafah as you [inaudible].”

Biden: “No, they haven't gotten in the population centers. What they did is right on the border and it's causing problems with — right now — [COUGHS] — in terms of what Egypt — which I've worked very hard make sure we have a relationship and help but I've made it clear to Bibi and the war cabinet. They're not going to get our support if, in fact, they go into these population centers.”

There is a point to be made that "2000 lb general purpose bombs" and "minimize civilian casualties" are not compatible concepts.

But...

1) It's long been US policy that those ARE compatible concepts - the AF routinely advertises "surgical strikes" with very large bombs.  And...

2) That's not the point Biden's making anyway.

Israel's going to start asking themselves pretty soon "Is the United States really an ally?"

• Like 4
  • Cheers 1

Deranged Rhino
1 minute ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

There is a point to be made that "2000 lb general purpose bombs" and "minimize civilian casualties" are not compatible concepts.

But...

1) It's long been US policy that those ARE compatible concepts - the AF routinely advertises "surgical strikes" with very large bombs.  And...

2) That's not the point Biden's making anyway.

Israel's going to start asking themselves pretty soon "Is the United States really an ally?"

What struck me most in that clip is that he almost said "Hamas attacks of 10/7" but then caught himself and said "attacks out of the Middle East" as if that isn't a relevant and important point. 

But it's all about Iran and those Michigan voters I guess. &#%$ our longest serving ally in the region. 

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

What struck me most in that clip is that he almost said "Hamas attacks of 10/7" but then caught himself and said "attacks out of the Middle East" as if that isn't a relevant and important point. 

But it's all about Iran and those Michigan voters I guess. &#%$ our longest serving ally in the region. 

It makes me wonder - genuinely - that if Egypt threatens to abandon the Camp David Accords and occupy Gaza and come in to direct conflict with Israel, if the administration would support Egypt in that conflict.

Probably.

But hey, Trump was going to start World War 3 by attacking the Russian guy who controls him, amirite?  :classic_dry:

• Like 2

Nouseforaname
12 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

It makes me wonder - genuinely - that if Egypt threatens to abandon the Camp David Accords and occupy Gaza and come in to direct conflict with Israel, if the administration would support Egypt in that conflict.

Probably.

But hey, Trump was going to start World War 3 by attacking the Russian guy who controls him, amirite?  :classic_dry:

Aside from the optics is there any actual impact to their supply of bombs?