Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Israel Has Declared a State of War

Hedge

Deranged Rhino

CIA chief spent two days in Cairo trying to work a deal - that favored Hamas and Iran and put restrictions on Israel's ability to respond.

Shocking Israel said &#%$ it, we'll do it ourselves.

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin

Today is Yom HaShoah - Israel's memorial day for the Holocaust.  "Never Again" is trending on Xwitter because of it.  And many of the responses are people saying "Never Again applies to everyone."

Which would not only be the same people who allowed Rwanda to happen.  But also are a lot of BLM people now embracing "All Lives Matter" messaging.  :facepalm:

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

Nouseforaname
9 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Today is Yom HaShoah - Israel's memorial day for the Holocaust.  "Never Again" is trending on Xwitter because of it.  And many of the responses are people saying "Never Again applies to everyone."

Which would not only be the same people who allowed Rwanda to happen.  But also are a lot of BLM people now embracing "All Lives Matter" messaging.  :facepalm:

MothersMilk
45 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

CIA chief spent two days in Cairo trying to work a deal - that favored Hamas and Iran and put restrictions on Israel's ability to respond.

Dealing with Hamas is like dealing with wild animals. In fact, "dealing" with them is weak, just tell them how it's going to be and if they don't like it they get the repercussions. The way they are trying to paint this is completely backwards.

• Like 2

Deranged Rhino
2 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

They thought the humanitarian plan was credible when Hamas liked it though…. The dishonesty is off the charts (but totally on brand). 

Crap Throwing Clavin
7 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

I'm not seeing much Holocaust denialism in this.  And it's important to remember that the Holocaust was government oppression as a matter of official policy.

If anything, this is probably more like 1927-29 violence against Jews by the NSDAP - not official, not widespread, but a hell of a lot of rhetoric from a very vocal minority.  Still disturbing...but we're a ways away from Kristallnacht.  (With the caveat that we can get to Kristallnacht awfully quickly.)

• Like 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
7 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

The administration negotiated a deal with Hamas that Israel wouldn't accept?  Are they trying to completely discredit Israel?  (Rhetorical question.)

And...same asshats that wouldn't allow Ukraine to pursue a negotiated end to their war, which both parties wanted.  

Worst foreign policy I've ever seen.  And that includes fighting an undeclared war with Germany while forcing Japan into war with an oil embargo in 1941.

• Like 2

IDBillzFan
1 minute ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

The administration negotiated a deal with Hamas that Israel wouldn't accept?  Are they trying to completely discredit Israel?  (Rhetorical question.)

And...same asshats that wouldn't allow Ukraine to pursue a negotiated end to their war, which both parties wanted.  

Worst foreign policy I've ever seen.  And that includes fighting an undeclared war with Germany while forcing Japan into war with an oil embargo in 1941.

I remember some top DC brass years ago making headlines by commenting how Joe Biden has been wrong on foreign policy his entire life.

The thing about this foreign policy is that everyone knows Biden has nothing to do with it. The dude can barely complete a full sentence without a medical cocktail or two. My sense is it's mostly Obama and Susan Rice, but that's just me giving thought to something for which I have no true knowledge.

• Like 1

Nouseforaname
1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Why do you want to see brown people die?

Crap Throwing Clavin
6 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

I remember some top DC brass years ago making headlines by commenting how Joe Biden has been wrong on foreign policy his entire life.

I reference a book I'm reading in another thread that demonstrates this pretty well.

• Like 2

Deranged Rhino
10 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

The thing about this foreign policy is that everyone knows Biden has nothing to do with it. The dude can barely complete a full sentence without a medical cocktail or two. My sense is it's mostly Obama and Susan Rice, but that's just me giving thought to something for which I have no true knowledge.

It's true. His public record - let alone the things he's advised on behind closed doors that he's been wrong about - is an impressive list of failures. He was for the war in Iraq and pushed WMD as fact. He was against the raid that took out OSB. He supported Clinton's move against Libya, claiming it would bring freedom to the people (when in reality it re-opened African slave trading markets for the fist time in a century), he supported aiding and abetting AQ in Syria claiming it was the only way to topple Assad, and of course we all know how badly he bungled both Ukraine and the Afghanistan withdrawal. 

As 44 once said: "Never underestimate Joe's ability to &#%$ things up."

He was always known as a low IQ joke in DC circles. Now those same people who mocked him for years are going in front of cameras calling him the "father of our nation", and marveling at his "intelligence and dignity". 

It's all bull that only people like @Pete and ATOP fall for - because they have IQs that rival a dull knife. 

5 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

If I had my way, no one would die. But we live in a world of duality where there is actual evil and actual monsters roaming the hillsides. Sometimes the only way to deal with those monsters and evil itself is to damn the torpedoes and confront it head on.

Of course, the only true way to deal with this situation is to deal with the Mullahs in Iran... which we were on our way to doing without firing a single shot before 46 stepped in with his Iranian appeasement agenda. 

• Like 2

Nouseforaname
Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

If I had my way, no one would die. But we live in a world of duality where there is actual evil and actual monsters roaming the hillsides. Sometimes the only way to deal with those monsters and evil itself is to damn the torpedoes and confront it head on.

Of course, the only true way to deal with this situation is to deal with the Mullahs in Iran... which we were on our way to doing without firing a single shot before 46 stepped in with his Iranian appeasement agenda. 

I was channeling another poster.  I actually agree with this operation.  

• Like 1

Deranged Rhino
4 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

I was channeling another poster.  I actually agree with this operation.  

Sorry, I knew you were just kidding. I was just expounding in my own view because it IS very different from my views in the Ukraine thread. 

• Like 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
25 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

To be fair, no American wants to see brown people die.

Progressives want to see them enter the country illegally, so they can "do the jobs Americans don't want to do."  Tough to enslave dead people.

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
41 minutes ago, Hedge said:

Spoiler alert: there are no crossing from Egypt to Gaza.  That's sealed tighter than Martha's Vineyard to undocumented migrants.

• Like 1

IDBillzFan

Man, when did it become so trendy to hate Jews THIS much? Imagine being a US Senator, having seen pure video of the events of Oct. 7, and have the idiocy to refer to this as "Netanyahu's war."

You're a phucking commie, Fauxcahontas.

Crap Throwing Clavin
25 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Man, when did it become so trendy to hate Jews THIS much? Imagine being a US Senator, having seen pure video of the events of Oct. 7, and have the idiocy to refer to this as "Netanyahu's war."

Naturally, we need to send a massive amount of money over to a place where a large chunk of it will be skimmed off by corrupt officials.  :classic_dry:

• Cheers 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
27 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

• Like 2
  • Applause 2