Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

‘23 The Aftermath - Bills @ Chargers - Week #16

Hedge

16 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

Chiefs have a couple of super bowls to celebrate.

And?  You’re claiming a narrow win against the Chargers means the Bills have a bad coaching staff.  In 2023 the Chiefs have the same record and just got curb stomped at home by the Raiders.  Do the Chiefs have a bad coaching staff?  Niners?

Nouseforaname
48 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

And?  You’re claiming a narrow win against the Chargers means the Bills have a bad coaching staff.  In 2023 the Chiefs have the same record and just got curb stomped at home by the Raiders.  Do the Chiefs have a bad coaching staff?  Niners?

The chiefs are having a down year which isn’t surprising after having won the superbowl.  The niners lost to the best team in the afc record wise.

Have I called for the coaching staff to be fired or am I just concerned how this team comes out flat and unprepared against inferior opponents ?

• Cheers 1

41 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

The chiefs are having a down year which isn’t surprising after having won the superbowl.  The niners lost to the best team in the afc record wise.

Have I called for the coaching staff to be fired or am I just concerned how this team comes out flat and unprepared against inferior opponents ?

Legit concern, IMO. 

• Cheers 2

44 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

This isn't just a SB hangover. I suspect the losses of Orlando Brown and Tyreek Hill have screwed with the offense. Yesterday post-game was the first time I heard people like Simms and Esiason discuss how Mahomes is missing easy reads on open receivers, a result of being chased around the pocket and hit on every other drop back.

I've watched enough Mahomes to know he's struggling with his receivers, especially when you see him (at his best) dancing around the pocket, avoiding defenders like he's in a 1960s musical with Gene Kelly, but then NOT finding an open receiver that gets him that "Mahomes Magic" moniker.

• Cheers 3

58 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

I’m just confused about which teams are allowed to come out flat versus inferior opponents and which teams aren’t.  Is there an objective set of criteria?  Because pretty much every team in the league does it every year.

• Cheers 1

Nouseforaname
1 hour ago, 4merper4mer said:

I’m just confused about which teams are allowed to come out flat versus inferior opponents and which teams aren’t.  Is there an objective set of criteria?  Because pretty much every team in the league does it every year.

The teams I support aren’t?

And coming out flat once or twice I can live with.  Coming out flat against the jets, the broncos, the patriots, the jags,the giants, the bucs and the chargers.

Recurring theme this season.

Again, I’m not calling for mcd’s head anymore something is up and they need to adjust it.  It starts next weekend at home against the pats.

2 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

I dont think that teams that think of themselves aa super bowl contenders are allowed to do it. Especially repeatedly. If you want to be a borderline playoff team and need help to squeak in then get booted in the first or second round - fine, dont show up for the weaker opponents. If you want to make it to - and win - the big game, you arent allowed this many mulligans to go unquestioned.

• Applause 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
5 hours ago, Sig1Hunter said:

I dont think that teams that think of themselves aa super bowl contenders are allowed to do it. 

How about NFC South division leaders?

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Nouseforaname said:

The teams I support aren’t?

And coming out flat once or twice I can live with.  Coming out flat against the jets, the broncos, the patriots, the jags,the giants, the bucs and the chargers.

Recurring theme this season.

Again, I’m not calling for mcd’s head anymore something is up and they need to adjust it.  It starts next weekend at home against the pats.

I'm not sure the term "flat" is scientific enough 😀.

Bills have turned it over 16 times in 8 road games this season (Jags, considered road IMO), 2 per game.  In the home games you mention above, they had 2 or more in most of them.  4 in the Bronco game.  It's a strong correlation for this team. Turn it over 2 or more times and they most often lose.  More often that's happened on the road which contributes to the lousy road record.  They overcame that against LA (3), but even the coach called out the turnovers after the game.   

Edited by Ninety-4

9 hours ago, Fansince88 said:

21K clean tackle

What are you supposed to do when the tacklee crouches, placing his head directly into the path of your helmet? 

• Like 2
  • I don't know 1