Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

‘23 The Aftermath - Bills @ Chargers - Week #16

Hedge

11 minutes ago, Joe Miner said:

Amazing discussion you're having by continually posting a stat line.

That was a bottom tier team in the NFL with no head coach or QB or #1 wr or DE.

The offense put up an anemic 24 points and was bailed out by the D only giving up 5 FGs.  But keep patting yourself on the back and telling yourself that Allen lead the team to a win.

He looked mediocre against a bottom tier D.  2 of his "amazing" TDs were goal line runs that any of their RBs could have made assuming they didn't fumble. He had a couple of great passes and a lot of head scratchers. That's not playoff winning football.  Sorry to break it to you.  Maybe when they get bounced this postseason he'll have a decent stat line that will comfort you.

Or perhaps this one is better fit for the time. 

Oddball Negative Waves GIF - Oddball Negative Waves GIFs

BTW, Great movie. If you have not seen it then see it. Good night and have yourself a very Merry Christmas. Im out

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

Or perhaps this one is better fit for the time. 

Oddball Negative Waves GIF - Oddball Negative Waves GIFs

BTW, Great movie. If you have not seen it then see it. Good night and have yourself a very Merry Christmas. Im out

So actual discussion isn't your thing.

Noted.

Carry on. 

6 minutes ago, Joe Miner said:

So actual discussion isn't your thing.

Noted.

Carry on. 

Nope, more tired than not interested in a discussion. I gave my opinion throughout this thread but will repeat it to save you the time looking. Bills didn't play well tonight but not bad enough to hate on them. You laid the blame completely on Josh in the GDT and I pointed out that he in fact was not the blame of the close game. There were 3 other more costly turnovers by other players. We disagree. I am ok with that. I will in fact carry on regardless of your offer to or not. I'm 10 days shy of the year anniversary of the heart attack I had last January 3rd and foolish arguments with people such as yourself is not where I wish to spend those days. In fact still considering flying to Miami and celebrate living with my wife of 33 years watching the Bills steal back the AFCE. Tomorrows game will seal that decision. Good day! 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • FANtastic 2

6 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

Nope, more tired than not interested in a discussion. I gave my opinion throughout this thread but will repeat it to save you the time looking. Bills didn't play well tonight but not bad enough to hate on them. You laid the blame completely on Josh in the GDT and I pointed out that he in fact was not the blame of the close game. There were 3 other more costly turnovers by other players. We disagree. I am ok with that. I will in fact carry on regardless of your offer to or not. I'm 10 days shy of the year anniversary of the heart attack I had last January 3rd and foolish arguments with people such as yourself is not where I wish to spend those days. In fact still considering flying to Miami and celebrate living with my wife of 33 years watching the Bills steal back the AFCE. Tomorrows game will seal that decision. Good day! 

I don't say this very often

Go Cowboys!!!!

Have a Merry Christmas !!!

Edited by Figster
  • Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • Cheers 2

9 hours ago, Fansince88 said:

1 of them they only needed 27yds for 7 Another they got 29 for 3

While the defense played another good game, I can see how it got lost in the shuffle of the overall game. It'll be interesting to see what I come away with after the rewatch later this week.

• Like 3
  • Cheers 2

8 minutes ago, Foxx said:

While the defense played another good game, I can see how it got lost in the shuffle of the overall game. It'll be interesting to see what I come away with after the rewatch later this week.

I thought the game was lost when Bernard got hurt. Not saying he was the superstar of the D, but things would have gone very poorly if he stayed on the sideline.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

2 minutes ago, snafu said:

I thought the game was lost when Bernard got hurt. Not saying he was the superstar of the D, but things would have gone very poorly if he stayed on the sideline.

While I don't remember the exact play, when Williams came in for him, he got beat badly on a play that made me think the same thing.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Joe Miner said:

Amazing discussion you're having by continually posting a stat line.

That was a bottom tier team in the NFL with no head coach or QB or #1 wr or DE.

The offense put up an anemic 24 points and was bailed out by the D only giving up 5 FGs.  But keep patting yourself on the back and telling yourself that Allen lead the team to a win.

He looked mediocre against a bottom tier D.  2 of his "amazing" TDs were goal line runs that any of their RBs could have made assuming they didn't fumble. He had a couple of great passes and a lot of head scratchers. That's not playoff winning football.  Sorry to break it to you.  Maybe when they get bounced this postseason he'll have a decent stat line that will comfort you.

I would counter that with a new coach for the Chargers, film was impossible (or at least very difficult). 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

Stick isn’t a bad quarterback at all. He’d be a good pickup for next season. 

The Bolts were gritty and rallied behind their new leader(s). Hats off to them for a gutsy game. But they came up short. The Bills can win the close games as well as the barn burners. 

I remember two Giants fans grumbling about how they weren’t satisfied with their wins that were in close games. They were anguishing over the fact that “the Giants weren’t ‘dominating’ their opponents consistently enough” to their liking. 
That was in 1991. 

I was pissed off at The Bills play last night. I missed the second half and I regret that. 

GO BILLS!

Edited by Nanker
  • Cheers 4

9 hours ago, Figster said:

This was a trap game. Short week after 3 huge matchups. Not much time to prepare against coaches you have very little to go on. All professional athletes.

My hat goes off to the valiant effort by the Chargers/Coaches

Buffalo comes away with a much needed win baby!!!

Go Bills!!!

Gee, if only the Bills were missing key players due to injury. :classic_dry:

Anyone who knows anything about football knows this was a dangerous game (fired coach, fired GM, backup QB with little game film), but it doesn't fit their pre-conceived "this team is just not good enough" notions.

These are the people who pay Tyler Dunne's salary, and they need a new narrative since the old "McDermott can't close out games with a lead" got wrecked after the KC and Chargers games.

I would also add that the Chargers immediately became a better team the minute they got rid of Staley. It's a stacked roster and he was pissing it away.

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Cheers 3

42 minutes ago, Ann said:

I would counter that with a new coach for the Chargers, film was impossible (or at least very difficult). 

Week 16.

Short week of prep.

No major changes can be made in that scenario. Only minor tweaks on what they've done all year. At this point in the drain, they are who they are.

It was less what the chargers were doing and more of Allen needing a quarter + to figure out how to set his feet and throw the ball accurately.  Then to start the third quarter make a stupid decision to attempt a throw all the way across the field to a not wide open Diggs.

The rest of the team had struggles with fumbles. But again, that type of QB play isn't gonna get it done in the playoffs. It's not just that they didn't score, is that they barely moved the ball. Until the TD to Davis they had 3 possessions, 15 plays, and a measley 66 yards on offense.  They punted 4 times on the night and on those 4 possessions they ran 18 plays for 68 yards.  The Int came on the second play of the first drive in the third quarter.  That's 5 possessions for 20 total plays. Unless they scored on a drive, they barely did better than a 3 and out. Again, against a bad Charger team. That's not gonna get the job done in the playoffs.  You can't play feast or famine so much on offense and expect continued success.

26 minutes ago, Joe Miner said:

Week 16.

Short week of prep.

No major changes can be made in that scenario. Only minor tweaks on what they've done all year. At this point in the drain, they are who they are.

It was less what the chargers were doing and more of Allen needing a quarter + to figure out how to set his feet and throw the ball accurately.  Then to start the third quarter make a stupid decision to attempt a throw all the way across the field to a not wide open Diggs.

The rest of the team had struggles with fumbles. But again, that type of QB play isn't gonna get it done in the playoffs. It's not just that they didn't score, is that they barely moved the ball. Until the TD to Davis they had 3 possessions, 15 plays, and a measley 66 yards on offense.  They punted 4 times on the night and on those 4 possessions they ran 18 plays for 68 yards.  The Int came on the second play of the first drive in the third quarter.  That's 5 possessions for 20 total plays. Unless they scored on a drive, they barely did better than a 3 and out. Again, against a bad Charger team. That's not gonna get the job done in the playoffs.  You can't play feast or famine so much on offense and expect continued success.

Josh Allen 71.4% comp, 3 tds, and a game winning drive with two huge 3rd down conversions.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Joe Miner said:

That was an ill advised throw. Allen could have easily ran. Diggs was open deep. But no way Josh is making that throw off one leg scrambling. 

• Like 1