Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

‘23 The Aftermath - Bills @ Chargers - Week #16

Hedge

17 minutes ago, Joe Miner said:

I never said otherwise. I said his play last night isn't going to win in the playoffs. 

That was my point jn posting his stats last night. Those bad plays....yes, they are not going to win a championship.  The ones he does hit will. There is no QB in the league now nor has there ever been that plays any game perfect. 

3 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

By the way, in case it hasn't been said elsewhere, the team needs to lock Rasul Douglas down at their first free moment.

Great signing. 

I believe we have another year do we not?

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, Uncle Joe said:

IMO, this was very long throw across his body if he's going to complete it needs another 10 to 15 yards. Just wasn't gonna happen-even for Josh. 

He didnt last night for sure. 4 more attempts I bet he nails 3. That said, he should have ate that one and ran a few yards. 

12 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Thanks for those terrific generalizations.

I'm curious; do you just naturally wake up every day miserable, or do you have to work at it? It seems natural to me, but I don't want to discount your purposeful effort to improve your misery index 1% every day.

Let me be more specific; lazy is the mind that needs to eliminate something good in order to point out something bad. Most people are like "Damn, I love the way our quarterback can turn his game up a notch when things aren't going well."

And then there are fans like yourself who so desperately need to be miserable, that you take the complete opposite approach. "If Josh didn't hit Gabe for a monster touchdown, they would have bad stats!"

Misery index accelerated. Now, I must go to the internet and spread my misery to fans who are celebrating a close win!

You aren't actually capable of discussion are you?

Just keep assuming my motivations and state of mind and attacking me based on that. Between the two of us, which one jumped into a thread to attack a fellow poster and had the audacity to claim the other poster was the one who wanted to bring misery?  

I was hoping the Chargers wouldn’t have the classic bounce back game after being humiliated last week, but they did.  Plus the extra effort for the new coach meant they were much more dangerous than a typical 5-9 team. So getting out of there with a win was a solid accomplishment.

Considering how few drives they had that weren’t immediately given away with turnovers or multiple OL penalties, Allen did very well to put up 24 points.  He made some big throws in huge spots in the second half.  

And both the DL and OL really stepped up after the first quarter.

Happy Sunday with a win already in the bag!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Uncle Joe said:

Diggs went down on that low throw from Allen on the 1st play.

He went out and then returned. 

Looked like he tweaked something going to the turf. 

How was your experience. It was an exciting game.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

That was my point jn posting his stats last night. Those bad plays....yes, they are not going to win a championship.  The ones he does hit will. There is no QB in the league now nor has there ever been that plays any game perfect. 

And my point is, that in playoff football you can't afford that many head scratchers.  I'm not expecting 0, but there were too many for playoff success.

The problem is, that while his phenomenal play numbers are high, so are his head scratching plays. While he's certainly an elite QB, those head scratchers are quite likely to keep him from winning a SB.  Hell, I'd love to be wrong and see the team holding a trophy at the end of the year, but I don't think it happens on great play numbers alone.

I don't really care about stats too much, but I can't imagine Mahones sitting at home willing to trade his rings for Allen's stats.

At the end of the day, a win is good, but they still have more work to do for real success.

Also, this is what an actual conversation or discussion looks like. Thanks

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Joe Miner said:

The problem is, that while his phenomenal play numbers are high, so are his head scratching plays.

He missed a couple throws in the first half and the pick was under thrown (it looked like he had time to set his feet), but there were no plays last night I would classify as ‘head scratching’.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Joe Miner said:

And my point is, that in playoff football you can't afford that many head scratchers.  I'm not expecting 0, but there were too many for playoff success.

The problem is, that while his phenomenal play numbers are high, so are his head scratching plays. While he's certainly an elite QB, those head scratchers are quite likely to keep him from winning a SB.  Hell, I'd love to be wrong and see the team holding a trophy at the end of the year, but I don't think it happens on great play numbers alone.

I don't really care about stats too much, but I can't imagine Mahones sitting at home willing to trade his rings for Allen's stats.

At the end of the day, a win is good, but they still have more work to do for real success.

Also, this is what an actual conversation or discussion looks like. Thanks

I agree to a point. I feel the head scratchers are less than you. That said, I have always been one to be positive focused. I was that way raising my kids too. Enforced the positive in them. Dealt quickly with the negative. Then finished with reinforcement of the positive. Its what you end with that sticks the most.

Thanks for patronizing my ability to conversate. Really makes the dialog so much better. Here I thought I was doing it all wrong. 

45 minutes ago, Foxx said:

How was your experience. It was an exciting game.

Had a great time. Bills Mafia was well represented, probably 50% of the fans. That said the fan base didn't exhale until that 1 second was expired. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Joe Miner said:

Week 16.

Short week of prep.

No major changes can be made in that scenario. Only minor tweaks on what they've done all year. At this point in the drain, they are who they are.

It was less what the chargers were doing and more of Allen needing a quarter + to figure out how to set his feet and throw the ball accurately.  Then to start the third quarter make a stupid decision to attempt a throw all the way across the field to a not wide open Diggs.

The rest of the team had struggles with fumbles. But again, that type of QB play isn't gonna get it done in the playoffs. It's not just that they didn't score, is that they barely moved the ball. Until the TD to Davis they had 3 possessions, 15 plays, and a measley 66 yards on offense.  They punted 4 times on the night and on those 4 possessions they ran 18 plays for 68 yards.  The Int came on the second play of the first drive in the third quarter.  That's 5 possessions for 20 total plays. Unless they scored on a drive, they barely did better than a 3 and out. Again, against a bad Charger team. That's not gonna get the job done in the playoffs.  You can't play feast or famine so much on offense and expect continued success.

They were also playing against a team that was playing for pride after getting completely embarrassed last week. This is a week-to-week league.

Yes, Allen didn’t play well for parts of that game, but the Bills, even with three turnovers, were good enough to overcome a flat performance.  Yes, a flat performance won’t get it done in the playoffs, but I’m happy to see that this team is one step closer, regardless of the low style points.

• Cheers 2

15 minutes ago, Uncle Joe said:

Had a great time. Bills Mafia was well represented, probably 50% of the fans. That said the fan base didn't exhale until that 1 second was expired. 

Glad you had a great time. That looks like a beautiful stadium.

Nouseforaname
2 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

He would be, if only he'd attend Joe Miner's Quarterback Footwork Camp in the off-season. :classic_laugh:

Say what you want but there’s something that’s off about this team consistently looking unprepared more often than not this season.  

• Sad 1

Nouseforaname
42 minutes ago, snafu said:

They were also playing against a team that was playing for pride after getting completely embarrassed last week. This is a week-to-week league.

Yes, Allen didn’t play well for parts of that game, but the Bills, even with three turnovers, were good enough to overcome a flat performance.  Yes, a flat performance won’t get it done in the playoffs, but I’m happy to see that this team is one step closer, regardless of the low style points.

Not moving the ball is one thing but they seemed unprepared again.  The penalties on that one drive.

Recurring theme since the beginning of the season that I hoped would be rectified by now.

• I don't know 1

14 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

Not moving the ball is one thing but they seemed unprepared again.  The penalties on that one drive.

They replayed the Brown tripping on the big screen and it was legit (and unnecessary). 

Then Allen threw a bullet that got called back by Morse holding. No replay so I dunno if that was legit. 

That said that was an awful series that would have been different without the Morse holding. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Uncle Joe said:

They replayed the Brown tripping on the big screen and it was legit (and unnecessary). 

Then Allen threw a bullet that got called back by Morse holding. No replay so I dunno if that was legit. 

That said that was an awful series that would have been different without the Morse holding. 

You cant point that out. Goes against the narrative. 

Nouseforaname
5 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

You cant point that out. Goes against the narrative. 

Umm penalties are a reflection of lack of preparation and lack of discipline.

Nouseforaname
8 minutes ago, Uncle Joe said:

That was a hold.  Definitely.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1