Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

‘23 The Aftermath - Bills @ Chargers - Week #16

Hedge

Thank you Oliver, TJ, Gabe and a handful of others.

Fugliest game ever….not counting the four others like this in 2023.  Really frustrating to play the whole second half in our own end.

Cook played like Ritchie Cunningham the week after making the game winning shot.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, devnull said:

Wasn't Josh Allen supposed to be "broken"

I sure wish he’d set his feet once in a while before throwing 40 yards downfield. He was erratic tonight but put together the GW drive when it mattered.  👍

btw, questionable reversal on the Shakir TD. 

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, devnull said:

Most of us have known you long enough to understand just about anything will piss you off

You don't think he is mellowing with age?

Good win. But not impressed. This team has been inconsistent all year long. This game should not have been close. At times imo feel team loses focus and concentration. Also, after now last 5 week imo Diggs is in a funk. Allen and him are not on the same page. He is the number one receiver on this team. Brady, Allen, and Diggs need to find a way to get him open and the ball in his hands. If they make the playoffs this will be a big problem your elite players need to be in the plan. Also when you have the lead and not saying to play conservative you need to protect the ball string first downs like last week with makeable 3 downs. The offensive penalties was atrocious. Don’t care if it was good play call that interception was unnecessary could have got Diggs shorter route and lower risk interception imo. Cook is dynamic but does have fumbling issues. Again like throughout the season today they started slow and let the chargers come back. Can’t do all of this in post season. Good thing alive to fight another day. As bad a patsy are bills can not overlook this team. They will coming out like chargers so bills really need to play smart and penalty free and really take care of business. I really would like to see Allen be consistent and put together this year string of games without interception. Just my opinion on this game

• Cheers 1

I don't even really want to think too much about this game. I'm just thankful we walked out with the win.

As that infamous coach (whom we will see next week) likes to say, we're on to the *Patriots.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, devnull said:

Wasn't Josh Allen supposed to be "broken"

He's not broken, but unless he improves, he's not leading this team deep into the playoffs.

I know everyone had hardons because Cook ran for 180 against the cowboys. But that's not happening every week.  This team lives and dies by Allen.  And he seems a little lost without being able to consistently connect with Diggs.

I'm not sure why he or Brady refuses to look into the middle at either Shakir, Knox, or Kincaid, or why they didn't want to throw it to Cook all night, but that's not an offensive performance that will get the job done in January and February.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Oh and... after starting out the day with the 9th seed, we now hold the 6th seed. Probably won't hold that after all the week's games are played but, we are, right now, in the playoffs.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Ann said:

Three turnovers, and they won. Whew

They were all Josh's fault. I kid

My take. We gave them 2 opportunities to blow us up. 

Harty fumbles near the 25yd line. We lost a set of downs totally there and  gave up a score of 7 pts

Cook fumble gave them the ball at the 32yd line. We give up a score of 3pts 

That's 10 total points off turnovers by players not named Josh Allen. 

Josh Allen also throws a pick at the 42yd line and that results in 3pts. That's 13 points off turnovers. That means they only got 9 off their own possessions. Got to do better than that but not real upset with the final outcome. GO BILLS!!

Also Bills had 335 total yards. The Bolts had 273 total yards. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 3