Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

TakeYouToTasker 2.0

3 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

Not sure it has much meaning other than "Shakir can line up anywhere."

Really expect Crowder to make this squad.  But IF they trust Shakir as a rookie to play that role backing up McKenzie could see him gone so they can keep both Kumerow (for STs) & Hodgins (because nobody else at WR has that frame).

They'd also possibly be able to line Cooks up there for the jet sweep if they don't think Shakir has the speed for.  (Not that Cooks is as fast as Lil Dirty either, but he's used to carrying the ball through traffic and could actually run a pattern from the slot.)

• Like 3

Deranged Rhino
41 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Really expect Crowder to make this squad.  But IF they trust Shakir as a rookie to play that role backing up McKenzie could see him gone so they can keep both Kumerow (for STs) & Hodgins (because nobody else at WR has that frame).

They'd also possibly be able to line Cooks up there for the jet sweep if they don't think Shakir has the speed for.  (Not that Cooks is as fast as Lil Dirty either, but he's used to carrying the ball through traffic and could actually run a pattern from the slot.)

Same with Crowder. His deal just doesn't incentivize them to cut him. There's no real savings, he's reliable depth if he's not an every game contributor. GMBB's comments today seem to suggest they'll lean towards keeping Kumerow for his team work over Hodgins. I think they'll be able to stash Hodgins again this year if they wanted, unless Shoen makes a move for him. But man, I'm still rooting for that guy. 

It's incredible how much talent the WR room has now when you look back to the days where Zay Jones was our #1 by a lot. 

• Like 2
  • FANtastic 2

20 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Same with Crowder. His deal just doesn't incentivize them to cut him. There's no real savings, he's reliable depth if he's not an every game contributor. GMBB's comments today seem to suggest they'll lean towards keeping Kumerow for his team work over Hodgins. I think they'll be able to stash Hodgins again this year if they wanted, unless Shoen makes a move for him. But man, I'm still rooting for that guy. 

It's incredible how much talent the WR room has now when you look back to the days where Zay Jones was our #1 by a lot. 

Just can't see Schoen not adding Hodgins if he's cut.  That team isn't going anywhere and whomever they draft this year to become the QB will appreciate having that big target.

Best case for the Bills is probably having 1 of those 3 get an injury that gets them onto IR-designated to return.  (If that's still a thing.  Never follow the roster rule tweaks close enough to know what the rules are until we're in-season.)

Crowder's good depth for a team with Superbowl aspirations.  Kumerow is a key STer.  And Hodgins could be a great red zone WR now and for years to come.  Just don't see how they keep 7 and the other 4 IMHO are absolute locks.

• Like 3

Bills Wide Receiver Isaiah Hodgins spoke to the media on Tuesday following practice. Topics included: working on his physicality and progressing constantly, what he learned about having patience and the right mindset during injury rehab, the importance of this last preseason game to fight for a spot on the roster, and playing every game like it's his last.

Isaiah Hodgins: "Controlling What I Can Control" | Buffalo Bills

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Alaska Darin said:

Sorry. I’d reply to your actual post, but I’ve been distracted by “The Naughtiest Sports Pics” linky thingy at the bottom of the page. 

• Haha 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
34 minutes ago, Nanker said:

Sorry. I’d reply to your actual post, but I’ve been distracted by “The Naughtiest Sports Pics” linky thingy at the bottom of the page. 

#12 is a shocker!

30 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

This is one of those stats that is going to be fun to track over the season to see how it deviates with his increased role.

here is how the offesne should function

out of 4 downs, Josh throws on 3 - all for more than 10 yd targets or at least for a 1st down depending on the success of th run play. 

with even 50% completion %, he is pretty asured of completing 1 of 3 to move the sticks, and maybe much more

Buffalo Bills wide receiver Gabe Davis set an NFL record in 2021 with four touchdown catches in a playoff game, but that came as no surprise to those who know him best. Since that game, Gabe lived with his trainer in the offseason to maximize his preparation for the 2022 season. Raised by a hardworking, single mother, Gabe learned to work hard at a young age which inspired his siblings and people in his community to work hard to achieve their dreams.

Gabe Davis: You Can’t Measure Heart | Buffalo Bills Beyond Blue & Red

• Like 2
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, Ann said:

Buffalo Bills wide receiver Gabe Davis set an NFL record in 2021 with four touchdown catches in a playoff game, but that came as no surprise to those who know him best. Since that game, Gabe lived with his trainer in the offseason to maximize his preparation for the 2022 season. Raised by a hardworking, single mother, Gabe learned to work hard at a young age which inspired his siblings and people in his community to work hard to achieve their dreams.

Gabe Davis: You Can’t Measure Heart | Buffalo Bills Beyond Blue & Red

THOSE DOGGOS!  :hug:

• FANtastic 1