Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

TakeYouToTasker 2.0

Get an inside look at what makes Buffalo Bills wide receiver Isaiah McKenzie so unique. From his award-winning BBQ restaurant to coaching girls flag football, McKenzie is full of surprises. Despite his busy schedule, he still finds time to spend time in his community and connect with fans.

Isaiah McKenzie: One Of A Kind | Buffalo Bills Beyond Blue & Red

• Cheers 1
  • FANtastic 2

5 Bills thoughts and a prediction entering matchup against high-powered Ravens

5. A big advantage against Ravens CB3, and is this the week for 10 personnel?

The Ravens have had challenges in the secondary this year, though cornerback Marlon Humphrey is still one of the best at his position and possesses the versatility to cover both on the boundary and in the slot. With how much Bills receiver Stefon Diggs moves around the formation, it would not be a surprise if Humphrey followed him around when the Ravens are in man coverage. That could also set up boundary cornerback Marcus Peters, who is also an accomplished cornerback, to follow Gabe Davis in man coverage. It’s what’s beyond Humphrey and Peters that’s the problem for Baltimore. Their two options, Jalyn Armour-Davis and Brandon Stephens, have struggled significantly in pass coverage. And both players seem better fits for the boundary, which could slightly alter the Bills’ thinking into a more standardized approach.

Rather than having Diggs line up all over the formation, it could be in the Bills’ best interest to have him line up all game on the outside in 11 personnel, which could force Humphrey off Diggs and into the slot to cover one of Isaiah McKenzie or Jamison Crowder. In that case, Diggs would likely draw the assignment of Peters, which would then free up Davis against one of Armour-Davis or Stephens. The more the Bills can isolate the matchup against the third cornerback with one of their top two receivers, the more fruitful the passing game results could be Sunday.

This also could be a spot where the Bills go into 10 personnel (four receivers, one running back) to challenge the Ravens even more, especially with top Ravens pass rusher Justin Houston doubtful for the game. According to TruMedia, none of the Ravens’ three opponents have run a single play of 10 personnel. The Bills have run 10 personnel only twice this season, so it could be the day to upend that tendency and try and hurt the Ravens where they are most vulnerable. If the Bills can get both Armour-Davis and Stephens on the field at once against their deep core of talented receivers, that’s a major advantage for Buffalo.

Projected inactives vs. Ravens: WR Jake Kumerow, TE Tommy Sweeney, OL Justin Murray, DE Shaq Lawson, DT Jordan Phillips, CB Christian Benford

Projected practice squad elevation: CB Ja’Marcus Ingram

I'm seeing more of the media types insisting the Bills need to "get a WR in here" after losing Crowder and McKenzie. Naturally, this leans into the "Get OBJ" world, which makes me think they want him in here so they have a whole crockpot full of new shit to write about.

Personally, I don't know that I expect McKenzie to miss a game. He didn't seem to have 'the hovering hens' around him like some are with head issues, and he was clearly looking to be part of the team post-game celebration, interviews.

Anyway, I hate when people panic post.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Hey dipstick they just elevated Prince Emili from the practice squad and he had a tipped pass which led to a Poyer interception. 

What game were you watching Mr I can't be convinced?

• Like 4
  • Wow 1

Alaska Darin
41 minutes ago, Uncle Joe said:

Hey dipstick they just elevated Prince Emili from the practice squad and he had a tipped pass which led to a Poyer interception. 

What game were you watching Mr I can't be convinced?

Brandin Bryant was a PS player to start the year as well and he's flashed numerous times this season.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Brandin Bryant was a PS player to start the year as well and he's flashed numerous times this season.

IIRC, Prince was released earlier and just re-signed last week. 

Like ID said these reporters are just stirring the pot.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

As many times as Antonio Bryant?

18 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

I'm seeing more of the media types insisting the Bills need to "get a WR in here" after losing Crowder and McKenzie. Naturally, this leans into the "Get OBJ" world, which makes me think they want him in here so they have a whole crockpot full of new shit to write about.

Personally, I don't know that I expect McKenzie to miss a game. He didn't seem to have 'the hovering hens' around him like some are with head issues, and he was clearly looking to be part of the team post-game celebration, interviews.

It's Tavon Austin time

need Hodgins big body as well