Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

TakeYouToTasker 2.0

Jabba The Hutt
22 minutes ago, SquirminThurman said:

You have been day 1 fan of McConkey. Duly noted. I like him more and more as the draft season is upon us.

Will be a tough decision if the all world athlete AD Mitchell is there with McConkey at #28. Do you go safe and productive with McConkey, or do you swing for the fences with AD Mitchell?

If it goes haywire and blows up in round 1, how do you like Ricky Pearsall in round 2? Very similar guy. McConkey can play more on the outside, but Pearsall could be a stud #3.

If it does go haywire and Bills are looking WR in round 2 my guy is Xavier Legette.

Love Pearsall, but honestly want to grab Luke McCaffrey in the mid rounds no matter which way we go. 

• Like 1

SquirminThurman
4 minutes ago, Jabba The Hutt said:

Love Pearsall, but honestly want to grab Luke McCaffrey in the mid rounds no matter which way we go. 

I want to avoid Coleman at all costs. I don't think he can get open in the NFL. Think James Hardy (RIP) or Denzel Mims.

I also want to avoid Johnny Wilson. Great size, but it rarely works out in the NFL.

Would much rather have Pearsall/ Legette etc.

• Cheers 1

Jabba The Hutt
35 minutes ago, SquirminThurman said:

I want to avoid Coleman at all costs. I don't think he can get open in the NFL. Think James Hardy (RIP) or Denzel Mims.

I also want to avoid Johnny Wilson. Great size, but it rarely works out in the NFL.

Would much rather have Pearsall/ Legette etc.

Wilson is intriguing! Franklin is a much faster version though and rather have him

On 4/22/2024 at 8:02 PM, Jabba The Hutt said:

We're sure you love Pearsall and we're quite aware that you want to grab Luke McCaffery in his mid rounds. Which way you go with that matters more to you than the rest of us. :spy:

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Haha 2

SquirminThurman

So now I would take Ladd McConkey and not think twice about it.

Can play X/ WR1: At his best he is a Julian Edelman type WR #1. Functional and steady. PIA.

Can Play Y/WR2: think Wayne Chrebet. Finds holes in zones and takes advantages of mismatches, steady Eddy

As a slot: think Cole Beasley, but younger, cheaper and faster

Yes those comps are racially biased, and yes they are true, except McConkey runs a 4.35 40 or so. He literally is a can't miss. You are drafting Steady Eddie. JA deserves it.

If I go that route I trade back into 15-20 and try to snag Troy Franklin to be a deeper threat.

If the Bills go boom or bust with AD Mitchell.

I still trade back into 15-20 and try to grab Roman Wilson who is the 3rd best possession WR in the draft.

INO - take McConkey or AD Mitchell and then move up to draft a complimentary WR

Edited by SquirminThurman
  • Popcorn 1
  • Applause 1
  • Cheers 1

Jabba The Hutt
4 hours ago, SquirminThurman said:

Can play X/ WR1: At his best he is a Julian Edelman type WR #1. Functional and steady. PIA.

Can Play Y/WR2: think Wayne Chrebet. Finds holes in zones and takes advantages of mismatches, steady Eddy

Yes those comps are racially biased, and yes they are true, except McConkey runs a 4.35 40 or so. He literally is a can't miss. You are drafting Steady Eddie. JA deserves it.

If I go that route I trade back into 15-20 and try to snag Troy Franklin to be a deeper threat.

I still trade back into 15-20 and try to grab Roman Wilson who is the 3rd best possession WR in the draft.

I think his best comparison is if Cooper Kupp and Julian Edelman &#%$ed and had a baby

• Wow 1

Uncle Joe
6 hours ago, SquirminThurman said:

If we get 2 decent receivers today that should be a win for Beane. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Jabba The Hutt
6 hours ago, Uncle Joe said:

If we get 2 decent receivers today that should be a win for Beane. 

McConkey and McCaffrey!!

On 4/27/2024 at 2:15 AM, Ann said:

Tall

The Bills clearly have looked to get bigger at the position with Hollins, Shorter and Shavers all about 6'4" I believe.  Most likely they won't all make the 53, but the Bills are going to have a lot of size at the position unlike recent years.  

• Like 2